Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky5678)
    Well done!!!! Have you already done your A levels??
    Thank you!! I'm Scottish we don't do A levels but I have done my equivalent to A levels! I had all my grades already I was on a gap year this year

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've gotten invited for interviews and I'm just wondering does anyone know what sort of questions they will ask? Or even what sort of answers they will be looking for? I don't want to go into them under prepared and not have any thought out answers in my head, so if anyone knows or thinks they might know what sort of questions get asked at Orthoptic interviews for uni, please let me know!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Is there an interview for GCU?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha_22)
    Is there an interview for GCU?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope! Not that I'm aware of lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha_22)
    Has anyone heard back from GCU

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't heard anything from them yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone that attended the Sheffield university interview on 29th January got an offer ?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at Sheffield with a personal statement that was purely based on Optometry and not Orthoptics? And how did you get around that in the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard anything back from Sheff uni and think if they have another round of interviews in March or April.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigbang1234)
    Has anyone that attended the Sheffield university interview on 29th January got an offer ?
    I got my offer on Friday, BBB. But UCAS track is going to be unavailable from the 19th so maybe they'll send out more offers after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rafin)
    Hi,
    I've gotten invited for interviews and I'm just wondering does anyone know what sort of questions they will ask? Or even what sort of answers they will be looking for? I don't want to go into them under prepared and not have any thought out answers in my head, so if anyone knows or thinks they might know what sort of questions get asked at Orthoptic interviews for uni, please let me know!

Thanks!
    Hi there
    Most of the interviewers asked the regular and usual question like why orthoptics or what made you think orthoptics was the course for you. What qualities do you possess that would make you a good orthoptist. There was this one question that threw me off tho, not sure if they will ask you but she asked me what was my biggest acheivement so far and i had to think for a sec.
    Tbh, theres no need to prepare so much for the interview. All of them were really nice and it just feltlike i was having a casual conversation with them.
    Any advice i would give, is to have your own questions ready to ask because you can ask the interviewers some questions if you have time. But each 5 mins goes by so quickly.
    Hope this helps
    This was only for sheffield only btw.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Liverpool that had the interview on the 10th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosefenny)
    No I haven't but hoping to hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosefenny)
    yep

ReputationRep:
    Just received my offer from Liverpool today over the moon!!

ReputationRep:
    What is everyone thinking about putting as their firm and why?? Very curious

ReputationRep:
    What is everyone thinking about putting as their firm and why?? Very curious
    I'm Really Undecided. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Just received my offer from Liverpool today over the moon!!
    Congratulations!

If you have any questions, we are here to help!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long it may take Shef uni to reply I have been waiting for 2 months now, shall I contact them to see what's going on advise please

ReputationRep:
    Also does anyone know how long Glasgow will take

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EducatedFH)
    I'm Really Undecided. What about you?
    I think Liverpool is winning me over I really enjoyed being there on the interview day and all the staff and current students were so lovely and welcoming!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.