Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie2003)
    Thanks, that's really helpful! All of those placements sound great :-) I think my main worry is being placed on an adult ward when I genuinely have no interest in working with adults on that score (fair enough supporting adults when they are parents or carers of patients who are children). Did you not have to do any adult-related placements at all? Did you have any say in where you were placed? I currently work on a health visitng team (have done for years) so perhaps they'd send me elsewhere!! X
    Yes, I felt really lucky with my placements - felt like I had a good mix.

I didn't do any adult placements at all, and i believe this is being done less and less at the moment with the current nurse education format (Though this has been reviewed recently).

The only say I had in where i was placed for my final placement of third year as you had a chance to put in a request. Mine didn't get honoured though but I think most people's did. There is an option to do an elective placement too, during second year but this isn't compulsory and I didn't do one.

Not sure if they consider previous experience when allocating... Mine didn't!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Lauren994)
    Ive had an interview for bcu but they are working through the people who applied for Jan first so don't worry too much x
    It's great to hear that you're both thinking about studying with us. If you haven't already, I suggest you come to our next Open Day. It will be this Saturday from 9am to 3pm. www.bcu.ac.uk/opendays

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone applied to angila ruskin for child nursing? I was on the waiting list for sept 2015 intake as i applied through extra in may. I was just wondering do i have to change my personal statement? Its perfect how i want it and nothing has changed. I dont know what to do in regards to changing it.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview at Bournemouth Uni :-) Really pleased.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from York, Leeds or Northumbria?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chash22308903)
    Anyone heard from York, Leeds or Northumbria?
    Applied to York and Northumbria. Got an interview for York but not heard anything from Northumbria

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody applied to Chester, UCLAN or Sheffield Hallam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie-Pickard)
    Has anybody applied to Chester, UCLAN or Sheffield Hallam?
    Sheffield Hallam! Have you heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrose11)
    Sheffield Hallam! Have you heard anything yet?
    Nothing super nervous as I've been rejected from two of my choices.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing super nervous as I've been rejected from two of my choices.
    No way! Where!? I've been rejected from one as well

ReputationRep:
    Edge hill and Liverpool John moore. Where have you been rejected from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Ellie-Pickard;60514701]Edge hill and Liverpool John moore. Where have you been rejected from?

Liverpool John Moore as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The entry requirement must be super rough! Mine was due to my personal statement hope you do well with Sheffield though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The entry requirement must be super rough! Mine was due to my personal statement hope you do well with Sheffield though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeh same! And you!!

ReputationRep:
    People who heard back from Edge Hill and LJMU - how soon did you get a reply?

Just had my UCAS application sent off today and already impatient lol

ReputationRep:
    I got my rejection with two days for both unis

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello does anyone know any unis that let you use a calculator for the maths screening test I know Middlesex, West London, City of London, Cumbria and Birmingham City (half is calculator) let you use one but does anyone know any others that let you

I am applying for Child Nursing 2016 entry and right now I only have 3 choices Middlesex, West London and City of London

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've also applied to City, LSBU and King's recently for the PgDip. I have heard back from City and LSBU and have my tests for these later this month! How was the test for King's? Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fc93)
    Hi all. Been posting in the other general Nursing thread but thought I'd pop over here to see what's been happening in the Child specific thread.

I applied back in September to King's, LSBU, City, Nottingham and Kingston for PgDip.

I was rejected from Kingston without interview and they didn't respond to me asking for feedback.

Had my Literacy and Numeracy tests at King's last week and I'm waiting for their response. Think I might have fluffed it though but hoping not!

I have tests at City and LSBU later this month. Nothing from Nottingham yet.

Anyone else applying to these unis? Would love to know if anyone has heard from King's yet who did the tests. I saw one person was unfortunately unsuccessful on Friday but I've heard nothing. :/

Good luck by the way to everyone!
    Hi I've also applied to City, LSBU and King's recently for the PgDip. I have heard back from City and LSBU and have my tests for these later this month! How was the test for King's? Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I got my rejection with two days for both unis

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awe sorry you got rejected! Where else have you applied for? They are my last two choices, I'm also applying to Manchester, Salford and Chester xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.