Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    AS: AABB
    A2 predictions: A*A*A
    York Warwick Lancaster Kent and Leeds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethskyerobinson)
    Yes! which college did you apply to for Cambridge?
    My average is around 90, with 98 in History and 94 in English (I did badly in biology so I'm resitting)
    They say that 85 and above is preferable but I'm sure it doesn't make that much difference if you're a good applicant - what are yours?
    Newnham, how about you? Mine's about the same, but History is my bad one with 85 96 in Latin and 92 in Russian. I have no idea what went wrong with History it's so frustrating I got something like 92 in my mock and thought the actual exam had gone better

ReputationRep:
    This morning got my final offer, 5/5!! I only sent my application on the 14th as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mp2305)
    This morning got my final offer, 5/5!! I only sent my application on the 14th as well
    Congrats!! Where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudiaford0798)
    Congrats!! Where have you applied?
    QMUL, Kent, Oxford Brookes, Aberystwyth and Northampton. My firm is going to be QMUL What about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haven't finished my application (aiming for before December!) but my subjects range from straight history to some variation of history and international relations

My AS grades were AAAB (dropped the B), and my predicted grades are AAA (college is extremely reluctant to give out A*s). Hoping I can persuade them for the A* in history though

York (w/ year abroad), Exeter (w/ international relations + year abroad), Warwick (straight), Leeds (international history + politics) and Queen's Belfast (history + international studies).

York is an amazing university, but the firm scholarships for Belfast and Exeter are very tempting! Everything UCAS just confuses me so here's hoping I survive the application process Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    AS Grades: AABC (Dropped the C, resitting one module of the B)
    Predicted: A*AA
    Unis applied to: Warwick, Leeds, Exeter, Sheffield and Cambridge

I have offers from Warwick, Leeds, Exeter and Sheffield so far. Waiting to see if I get an interview for Cambridge now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by empressbethie)
    Newnham, how about you? Mine's about the same, but History is my bad one with 85 96 in Latin and 92 in Russian. I have no idea what went wrong with History it's so frustrating I got something like 92 in my mock and thought the actual exam had gone better
    I've applied to Jesus And that sucks Although that's still A*A* then either A or A* as long as you do the same - plus they'll be able to see how good you are at History at interviews and stuff Hope you are successful!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Jesus And that sucks Although that's still A*A* then either A or A* as long as you do the same - plus they'll be able to see how good you are at History at interviews and stuff Hope you are successful!
    Jesus is so pretty- good choice And apparently they say grace in Latin and that's just cool. I'm predicted A*A*A though the A is in Russian bizarrely enough... Newnham have a written test on the day of interview so hopefully I can redeem myself somewhat there. Not expecting anything but I know I'd regret not trying Thank you and I hope you get in too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mp2305)
    QMUL, Kent, Oxford Brookes, Aberystwyth and Northampton. My firm is going to be QMUL What about you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, congrats! When did Kent respond?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sherlock221)
    Hey, congrats! When did Kent respond?
    Thanks! I sent my application in on the 14th October, and they gave me an offer on the 20th!

ReputationRep:
    AS Grades : BBCC (resitting one in each of the C's to get up to a B or even A)
    Predicted : ABB (+A in EPQ)
    Applied to : Chichester, Lincoln, Southampton, Kent, Leicester

I've already got offers from Kent and Lincoln, just mostly relies on me doing well in these resits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalie97)
    AS Grades : BBCC (resitting one in each of the C's to get up to a B or even A)
    Predicted : ABB (+A in EPQ)
    Applied to : Chichester, Lincoln, Southampton, Kent, Leicester

I've already got offers from Kent and Lincoln, just mostly relies on me doing well in these resits!
    Hey, congrats! How long did Kent take to respond?

ReputationRep:
    AS Levels: AAAA
    A2 Level: AAA
    Applied for History and Politics at Oxford and single honours Politics/Government at LSE, Warwick, Exeter and Durham

ReputationRep:
    AS results: AAAAB (Dropped an A subject and B subject)
    Predicted: AAA
    Choices: Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield, Keele.

Hopefully I'll get my application off next week, just finishing off my personal statement right now, I really want to just get it sent off as soon as possible so I can stop worrying about it!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Jesus too! Good luck my friend!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AS: ABCE
    Predictions: A*AB ( dropped the E, retaking both exams for the C, hence maybe I am able to get an A)

Is it a bad choice to apply for 2 courses asking for AAA, 1 course asking for AAB-ABB, 1 course asking for ABB and one course asking for A*AA-AAB? Is it more wise to have a insurance at BBC in case I don't get the grades? Or should I just take a gap year and retake modules if I don't get ABB at the end of A2?

ReputationRep:
    Sent in my application on 1st October and have had 4/5 offers!!

Conditional from York Exeter and Nottingham
    Unconditional from Birmingham

Any idea when Bristol usually reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudiaford0798)
    Sent in my application on 1st October and have had 4/5 offers!!

Conditional from York Exeter and Nottingham
    Unconditional from Birmingham

Any idea when Bristil usually reply?
    Congrats! When did you get your offer from Birmingham??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherlock16638)
    Congrats! When did you get your offer from Birmingham??
    About 30 minutes ago!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2016

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.