Turn on thread page Beta

would any of you have a relationship with a realistic sex robot? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Onl
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    You say that now, but think on it. A robot woman/man who you have programmed to act how you want, look how you want, perform how you want, simulate interests in what you want. They will not argue, get jealous, cheat or act in a way you dont like, get them to clean, do the housework, play your favourite game with you, watch your favourite movie with you. The possibilities go way beyond just a plain sex bot. You can buy and have ready built the perfect partner.

Why go through all the hassles of dating? Of all those annoying character traits? Of the risk of them cheating? Or getting a drug habit? Or getting fat? Or anyone of a hundred things? Instead have one packaged and sent out to you for 60 monthly installments of $89.99.

That is to me its logical conclusion, and that to me is why they should never be put on the marketplace.
    Only issue is no child would not be born and that is the whole point of sex imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    What you two fail to understand is when REALISTIC sex robots are released, all with synthetic human skin and for female bots especially, the exact physiology of the vagina and a secretion of course, the sex will feel real and be just as good. This means we will have no reason to be in a relationship with a women. None of the hormonal mood swings, no meeting the in-laws, no dishing out 100s of thousands of pounds to satisfy her, sex when ever we want, no risk of pregnancy, no dates and none of the relationship baggage.

We will be able to focus solely on ours careers, going out with friends and family, the football, the rugby, the tennis, all the good things in life and come back home to sweet sex. It is cheaper more practical, less of nuisance and plus unlike women the robot does not age into a wrinkly tortoise. We will be able to enjoy sex with model type sex bots, beats the real thing.
    Right, but if everyone had that mentality the academic's prediction would turn out to be true: human romantic relationships would dissapear. Women would purchase male sex bots for the same reason you would purchase their female counterparts, thinking it will tend to their every whim and none of the 'drawbacks' that come with real men.

Everyone would have their bots, and we would all look at each other as not good enough anymore; like being human just doesn't cut it because of our flaws. I'm not so sure I'd want to live in such a world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    Right, but if everyone had that mentality the academic's prediction would turn out to be true: human romantic relationships would dissapear. Women would purchase male sex bots for the same reason you would purchase their female counterparts, thinking it will tend to their every whim and none of the 'drawbacks' that come with real men.

Everyone would have their bots, and we would all look at each other as not good enough anymore; like being human just doesn't cut it because of our flaws. I'm not so sure I'd want to live in such a world.
    And why would I care about that? Let women have their male sex bots, while we have our female sex bots. While you are an anomaly I am pretty sure majority of men would opt for a sex bot. Why have an ageing woman when you can have one in perfect condition at your ideal age (over 18 of course because then you are twisted if not)? We could be 80 year old frail men getting orgasmic sex from what appears to be a model, I don't know many men who would say no to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Onl

I would happily sacrifice children for a life of multiple sex bots all at the age of say 26 year old women with the body and looks of a model. **** having kids when I can die as an old man with top class sex bots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Onl

Sex for procreation yes. But humans (along with some other animals) have sex for pleasure as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    Well no you havent, as you werent the one that earned anything .
    Mere semantics, my genes earned their place in this world I inherited a genetic package which I refer to as "myself".

ReputationRep:
    Yea. I would

ReputationRep:
    It's not all about the sex guys

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.