Turn on thread page Beta

Hungary closes borders, migrants attack police watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    And that's the problem. You're never going to win this argument, because facts and evidence don't matter to people such as rockrunride, because what they're interested in is making themselves feel good about themselves. And supporting the underdog, no matter what, is a sure fire way to make you feel good, and for other people to think of you as a good person. The migrants could do any kind of terrible things and no matter how much proof you showed them, they would roll their eyes and say it was ridiculous Zionist or right-wing propaganda. (Like they do time and time again when people bring up the PEW opinion polls from Islamic countries.) They would roll their eyes at it because of what it said about you, and would assume that you must be "right-wing" or conservative, which is worse than being incorrect, because to the modern leftie, it's the political associations to things which are important, not the reality of the things themselves. It's much easier for one to take the position of defender of the people against some evil superpower, and never take a step out of your backpatting group, rather than actually stick your neck out and stand by the uncomfortable facts that people don't want to hear.

Reality isn't important to them. They would much rather legions of ISIS members got through, than them to have to look like big cynical meanies and recognize that it's happening. They would much rather pretend that all these migrants are lovely people because then their peers will assume that they are projecting and therefore must be lovely too. I have heard people such as him actually say things like "I'm more driven by my morals than facts and evidence". In other words, my views are all about me, and my feelings, and how people percieve me, rather than what's actually happening.
    Couldn't of put it better myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    Don't worry, Saudi already offered to build Mosques in Germany for the refugees, instead of you know, food, clothing, healthcare products.

Yet, somehow we're the bad guys.
    More mosques! Thank you my lord! Now we can spread the religion of peace to everyone and all women can wear the hijab! Peace peace peace (unless you believe different faction of Islam or not Muslim at all in which case we'll destroy you).
    Topple the governments!!! Alehsyusalamalekunm!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    And that's the problem. You're never going to win this argument, because facts and evidence don't matter to people such as rockrunride, because what they're interested in is making themselves feel good about themselves. And supporting the underdog, no matter what, is a sure fire way to make you feel good, and for other people to think of you as a good person. The migrants could do any kind of terrible things and no matter how much proof you showed them, they would roll their eyes and say it was ridiculous Zionist or right-wing propaganda. (Like they do time and time again when people bring up the PEW opinion polls from Islamic countries.) They would roll their eyes at it because of what it said about you, and would assume that you must be "right-wing" or conservative, which is worse than being incorrect, because to the modern leftie, it's the political associations to things which are important, not the reality of the things themselves. It's much easier for one to take the position of defender of the people against some evil superpower, and never take a step out of your backpatting group, rather than actually stick your neck out and stand by the uncomfortable facts that people don't want to hear.

Reality isn't important to them. They would much rather legions of ISIS members got through, than them to have to look like big cynical meanies and recognize that it's happening. They would much rather pretend that all these migrants are lovely people because then their peers will assume that they are projecting and therefore must be lovely too. I have heard people such as him actually say things like "I'm more driven by my morals than facts and evidence". In other words, my views are all about me, and my feelings, and how people percieve me, rather than what's actually happening.
    I'm well aware of the reality. The only whole, conclusive and absolute proof in this case is first-hand experience. I'm sure you would come to a different conclusion regarding an individual Syrian rioter who was reacting to, say, his child being shot at by a water cannon from a Macedonian chap who thought he'd throw rocks for ****s and giggles. I'm sure there are examples of both the former and latter. And we'd obviously all be more understanding to the former's plight. But what I do object to is blanket branding because a few of the chaps might be chancers from the former Yugoslavia. ISIS boast at having got a couple of people through. Wow, a couple of people! And they might not even be telling the truth. The same with the people rejecting food because of its 'Christian' origin. Do you think the majority are behaving like this from a few carefully taken photos? It is far safer, for the sake of people's lives, to assume that these people largely need help and aren't behaving in this way because they think it's funny. This sort of generalisation we are making is dangerous and is largely out of touch with the human psyche.

ReputationRep:
    My respect for Hungary has grown immensely since the start of all this. They're the one country in Europe that are dealing with it correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lacesso)
    My respect for Hungary has grown immensely since the start of all this. They're the one country in Europe that are dealing with it correctly.
    I totally agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    It is far safer, for the sake of people's lives, to assume that these people largely need help and aren't behaving in this way because they think it's funny.
    But this goes against all the evidence. The evidence of the mix of people reaching Germany, and the enormous numbers being rejected, for instance, as Balkan imposters. The fact that nobody in Serbia is, legally, a refugee as they have crossed at least three safe countries to get there, and the evidence of videos and photographs.

ReputationRep:
    The Guardian are saying that Germany has announced that they are cutting benefits for migrants entering the country.
    The words "Too", "bleedin" and "late " come to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenixsilver)
    In recent hours, footage has emerged of Hungary's police defending their borders from the storm of violent thugs throwing bricks and bottles.

Hungary has made the conscious choice in order to protect itself and other European countries from the mass influx of thousands upon thousands of migrants - the majority of whom are economic migrants who refuse to be kept in refugee camps and, as recently released videos show, throw away any food and drink aid given to them. .

Hungary as a sovereign nation has full right to do what they want with their land borders - these savages are bordering on declaring war, they are attacking the border, throwing rocks, lighting fires and attacking police. In my eyes this should be considered an invasion and the military deployed.

It's high time the UK and other European countries sent some of our forces over to assist Hungary in protecting Europe from the invasion of these violent, demanding thugs.

We haven't got the space for people in our already overcrowded countries - nor should we want them here if they act like that towards a sovereign border.

Don't believe me? Watch the video of them throwing food away: https://youtu.be/UiXXFtd-SJ8
    Mate the boarders should never have been closed. Simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doctor_Einstein)
    Mate the boarders should never have been closed. Simple as that.
    Why? You would like these savages to roam free in Europe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    I think it is
    I think your deluded.

If any of the countries should be helping out it should be he ones in the middle east, all these great muslim countries should be showing the barbaric infidel west how its done. These refugees after are mostly muslim. thier own faith almost totally ignores thier plight.

ReputationRep:
    Theaw mother****ers are going too far. Get the military out. Theyre not refugees. They are threats to the country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Refugees who attack people and throw stones are just suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

The solution to the crisis is Mental Health awareness

ReputationRep:
    I'd sterilize them all, and all non-European descent people

So over time they go away, and Europe can be European again just as Africa is African and Asia is Asian

You can call it genocide but it's not like they're in small numbers or ignominious to this part of the world

The world is overpopulated enough as it is all they do is **** out children

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eithriall)
    Hungary must remain Hungarian

Europe must remain European

Ethnic an racial purifying needs to come into effect

Mass sterilization of the darkies to reverse the damage they've done to our gene pool
    Let's just remember that while lefties' views are self-serving, naive, sanctimonious, irrational and irresponsible, there are also people like this on the other side who are just as bad, if not worse.

ReputationRep:
    ill be in Budapest at xmas

definitely buying the Hungarians a few beers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    I think your deluded.

If any of the countries should be helping out it should be he ones in the middle east, all these great muslim countries should be showing the barbaric infidel west how its done. These refugees after are mostly muslim. thier own faith almost totally ignores thier plight.
    To be fair, it's not Saudi's job to be housing hundreds of thousands of random Kosovans....

ReputationRep:
    Serbia educating people on human rights.

Lol

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.