Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are there any Muslim converts on here preferably from a judea-christian background? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hilrho)
    Awww just 2 years old? He must be tiny! Is he a chubby kid? Must be adorabless either way!I hope you're right but it can get so stressful towards my exams. I think thats what pushed me to create this thread as well as I was getting so overwhelmed and just wanted to get to know people I can connect to and just I don't know speak like friends would but honestly look at what they turned this thread to and it's just stressing me out the amount of energy it takes to debate and I seriously want to stop getting notifications from this thread.Well I'm interested in economics, politics and philosophy as well.

And I am mainly interested in Islamic Studies part of Oriental Studies as I find there to be so much misrepresentation of the Culture and tradition where as it really is interesting. I especially like to see how Classical Islam was actually quite liberal and progressive however it has changed in practice so much amongst majority of the muslims. Maybe others might interpret it completely differently to me but I do think the Islamic faith needs a revival in the sense that people need to stop being so materialistic and go back to the true teachings of the Prophet - e.g I feel wanting Shariah for UK or an islamic state is a rather materialistic thing and if you stay within the islamic theology is an example of one of the ways the devil deceives you making you think what you're doing is islamic but really it's "satans honey trap". Because I think in islamic theology you've got two eyes - the right to see through a spiritual mean and the left for this world and because islam calls for balance in life you must utilise both your eyes (Im speaking in a very spiritual sense here so do keep that in mind) and so when for example people think about wanting a islamic state or whatever it is them only seeing with their left eyes and therefore them adhering to a description and way of the dajjal rather than that of the prophet so I find things like that very interesting. So yeah I feel as though all that is important to understand some of the most critical issues in the world which is often associated (wrongly so) with islam and this is where my interest in politics and hence philosophy and economics comes into play as well so Yeah thats why. I do think because my moms a diplomat and because I've been brought up around the world with people from different cultures and creed it's made me more of a curious being and I tend to see a side of other things that isn't limited to the typical western view if that makes sense. If anything I don't even consider myself European or British or anything like that - but more like a global citizen who has a duty towards humanity as a whole. I would really like to learn more about from reading Orietntal studies as well as PPE and utilise it to bring about a wider acceptance and change into the world. I have to say though I'm thankful to my mother for the way I am today - she herself is an Atheist but her mom is Jewish and her dad is christian but she never forced me to think it's stupid to believe in a god: I was taught about the abrahamic faiths including bahai (infact did a project on Bahai faith back in the 8th grade and think it's wonderful) I was taught about the abrahamic faith and I was never told to believe no one created the universe or that someone had in fact created it - I was raised to be accepting and rather open minded to all ideas which is why I have been an agnost for so long but its oly in the past that I've started to realise I do believe in a higher power. Now because I find Islam extra interesting I don't know if it's Allah although I do like how the islamic God is but then again I might just end up being someone who believes in a higher power not necessarily any organised religion but at the same time also have a deep liking for Islam.
    Yeah just 2, he's small but growing! He runs around and can already talk so yeah aha. He's slightly chubby, as most 2 year olds are aha. Yeah you should just ignore the off topic comments, don't let it get to you

Wow I'm really impressed by the amount of knowledge you have on the subject at hand. You speak very convincingly about your views on matters, which I personally agree with. I too do not believe in sects, the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said to not divide yourselves in to sects. You have a very interesting background. Islam is very beautiful when interpreted in the correct manner, I'm delighted that you are interested in it. Glad you tagged me here !

ReputationRep:
    That's so many books! But I'll give them a look after my exams - should help me for Oriental Studies at uni. Thanks!

So me and you are somewhat alike in the sense that I was brought up irreligious and Im not religious (as I don't conform to any religions yet even though I do like Islam especially) but at the same time interested in religion in general - see I wanted to speak to people like that, those who I can connect with as my friends aren't interested much but look at what people turned this thread into. I was clear on why this thread was made and I wasn't looking for a discussion.
    Don't feel you have to read them all. It is just a random selection of books covering different topics that may be of interest, or may not

Oriental studies sounds interesting :yep:

Well, I was brought up Christian, but am now irreligious. But prior to my becoming irreligious, I started looking into other faiths and learning about them and became intrigued by the diversity of different religious beliefs and customs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    It's convert, Islam was created by Mohammed. It did not exist before in any shape or form.
    Are you even Muslim firstly? And secondly we believe that all children are born as Muslims and make the choice of what religion they want to practise when they come of age so...there's something called Google and it's free.....so next time instead of jumping to conclusions do some basic research omg like....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadly)
    Are you even Muslim firstly? And secondly we believe that all children are born as Muslims and make the choice of what religion they want to practise when they come of age so...there's something called Google and it's free.....so next time instead of jumping to conclusions do some basic research omg like....
    I am aware of the rhetoric I just didn't agree with it. No one. Is born Muslim and not everyone has a choice to convert because they're an Amazonia tribe or something. No one is born Muslim because they don't even know what it is when they are born.

ReputationRep:
    Sheiit, this started off surprisingly well before the neckbeards eventually got in :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    I am aware of the rhetoric I just didn't agree with it. No one. Is born Muslim and not everyone has a choice to convert because they're an Amazonia tribe or something. No one is born Muslim because they don't even know what it is when they are born.
    Nobody asked about your opinion like...I literally don't care what you think or what you disagree/agree with me just stop quoting me like I couldn't care less Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadly)
    Nobody asked about your opinion like...I literally don't care what you think or what you disagree/agree with me just stop quoting me like I couldn't care less Thanks x
    Fine.

(Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    Islam is very beautiful when interpreted in the correct manner
    So is fascism and Communism, followers of those ideologies insist. I'm quite interested in hearing what you consider to be 'correct' interpretation. An interpretation is, by definition, one of many competing explanations of an idea(s). To call one of them correct because it suits the way you want to look at it is just silly.

Well I don't have a problem with that however at the same time it seems as though most of my views, without being a muslim in any sense of the world, is similar to those in Islam. So I wanted to speak to muslim converts from a similar background to mine to see if I'm someone who simply likes Islam and happens to agree with it a lot or if they went through a similar process and deep down I might actually believe in Islam itself.
    Do these views include the more controversial Islamic teachings? If your gender tag is accurate, there are quite a few that you should consider before converting -- converting to Islam is, after all, a one-way ticket, since apostasy is punishable by death in Islamic countries. Should you change your mind, you might find yourself locked out of most of the Middle East, north Africa, and a few other countries for your own safety. Although your British passport might get you some special treatment (background: Lived in Saudi Arabia for ten years; got special treatment).

It's childish of you to insult someone for their views. If you don't agree to it thats one thing but discriminating them and insulting them as being childish for adhering to a belief you don't adhere to is not only childish but discriminatory and it's a problem, a big problem - and I'm sorry to break it to you but it makes you just as bad as those ISIS terrorists executing people for having a belief thats different to their version of Islam, there is nothing different between you two then. And OH if you're not trying to help me then maybe you should get the F U C K out of my thread, I didn't call for a debate.
    I don't understand this at all. Insulting someone is the same as executing them? What nonsense. Why are you responding so aggressively to the slightest thing? You're doing the community you're wanting to join no favours by reinforcing the stereotype of the self-victimising Muslim person. This reminds me of a particular joke from English class all those years ago where a Muslim friend of mine, as a joke, tried to prove that he wasn't violent by threatening to punch anybody who said otherwise.

I strongly suggest that you try to prevent yourself being taken in by proselytising Muslims on the Internet -- they will only tell you the rosy side of Islam. If you want to join a religion, it makes sense to read a few things critical of that religion in addition to all the websites/books that praise it. If you want to believe in a higher power, I recommend deism, which I find, from what you've written, to be more consistent with your views than Islam. Indeed, it seems to me that you're wanting to convert simply because you share a lot of views with Islamic teaching. It would be my general advice not to believe things because you want them to be true, but to believe things that actually seem true. Beyond that, do what you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    So is fascism and Communism, followers of those ideologies insist. I'm quite interested in hearing what you consider to be 'correct' interpretation. An interpretation is, by definition, one of many competing explanations of an idea(s). To call one of them correct because it suits the way you want to look at it is just silly.
    I did not say one interpretation is correct, I said it is to be interpreted in the correct manner. Why are you assuming that the interpretation I believe to be correct suits me ?
    Rules are set even outside of religion, choosing to follow a set of rules over another doesn't meant they suit you.

With that out of the way, the correct manner of interpretation is the way the prophet muhammad (PBUH) interpreted Islam.
    Now what's not easy to some is what was the way the prophet Muhammad interpreted Islam ?

This information is displayed in authentic hadith. Trouble is, people interpret these hadith differently. Does that mean one interpretation is correct and the other is wrong ?
    Not exactly. Things have changed in this world, but the Quran hasn't, the message of Islam was revealed with the future in mind. For this reason there are many things in Islam that aren't "this" or "that". What I mean is, one person has to use his initiative and see what he/she deems to be the right way of interpretation. Even today, there are many great scholars who disagree on how they interpret some aspects of Islam. Does this mean one scholar will rot in hell and the other will breathe the divine air that floats the heavens ? Of course not. Only God knows your true beliefs and knows that you have assessed the situation, and have come to a well thought out conclusion.

We are human, we are always going to have disagreement, so with things that are deliberately left open to discussion, there will be just that.

What I mean by this is, more than one interpretation can be correct, but the formation of sects is something that came about not because of interpretation of open aspects of Islam, but rather ignorance and presence of evildoers. The fundamental aspects of Islam are clear cut and easily understandable and thus there should not be differences in understanding in these.. Islam clearly tells us to follow Quran and Sunnah(conveyed in hadith), but the formation of sects go against this, and cherry pick what they like, and change what they do not like. Look at ISIS, claim to be Muslims, but are they really? Their actions contradict with the teachings of Islam, can we even call this an interpretation?I do not associate myself with a sect, and I believe dividing Islam in to sects is ridiculous, and is only the result of ignorance of man. If I'm asked what type of Muslim I am, I simply say "I am a muslim who follows Quran and Sunnah".

If God says 2 + 2 is 4, and you say that 2 + 2 is 3, this isn't an interpretation, it's a disagreement.
    But if God say 2 + 2 gives a single digit even number, 4 and 6 and 8 can all be correct if the initial statement is correct ( which it isn't for this e.g of course) , this is an interpretation, whereby all three answers are correct, with reason.

Hope this makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Do these views include the more controversial Islamic teachings? If your gender tag is accurate, there are quite a few that you should consider before converting -- converting to Islam is, after all, a one-way ticket, since apostasy is punishable by death in Islamic countries. Should you change your mind, you might find yourself locked out of most of the Middle East, north Africa, and a few other countries for your own safety. Although your British passport might get you some special treatment (background: Lived in Saudi Arabia for ten years; got special treatment).

I don't understand this at all. Insulting someone is the same as executing them? What nonsense. Why are you responding so aggressively to the slightest thing? You're doing the community you're wanting to join no favours by reinforcing the stereotype of the self-victimising Muslim person. This reminds me of a particular joke from English class all those years ago where a Muslim friend of mine, as a joke, tried to prove that he wasn't violent by threatening to punch anybody who said otherwise.

I strongly suggest that you try to prevent yourself being taken in by proselytising Muslims on the Internet -- they will only tell you the rosy side of Islam. If you want to join a religion, it makes sense to read a few things critical of that religion in addition to all the websites/books that praise it. If you want to believe in a higher power, I recommend deism, which I find, from what you've written, to be more consistent with your views than Islam. Indeed, it seems to me that you're wanting to convert simply because you share a lot of views with Islamic teaching. It would be my general advice not to believe things because you want them to be true, but to believe things that actually seem true. Beyond that, do what you like.
    She has been studying Islam by herself for many years. She knows more about Islam than many Muslims alive. She done her independent reading on Islam, it is ridiculous to say that she is being taken in by 'proselytising' Muslims on this forum, did you even read the thread title ? She's a very educated person who has been raised free of religion and has done her own studying on religion. That's why she is frustrated that people like you are trying to create a debate out of this thread, or tell her to "watch out" about Islam or say things like "one way ticket". She simply wants to talk to people who are like her, she doesn't want people to debate about Islam or religion in general.

If you want to 'warn' her, if that is even what you want to call it, then PM her, and leave this thread for its intended purposes.

It's like walking in to a room full of people who just want to talk about Darwinism, and you say "Are you sure you want to believe in Darwinism?" and then you start giving reasons why you think Darwinism is wrong. That is not the right place to do it and you will almost certainly offend some people.

ReputationRep:
    I did not say one interpretation is correct, I said it is to be interpreted in the correct manner. Why are you assuming that the interpretation I believe to be correct suits me ?
    Rules are set even outside of religion, choosing to follow a set of rules over another doesn't meant they suit you.

With that out of the way, the correct manner of interpretation is the way the prophet muhammad (PBUH) interpreted Islam.
    Now what's not easy to some is what was the way the prophet Muhammad interpreted Islam ?

This information is displayed in authentic hadith. Trouble is, people interpret these hadith differently. Does that mean one interpretation is correct and the other is wrong ?
    Not exactly. Things have changed in this world, but the Quran hasn't, the message of Islam was revealed with the future in mind. For this reason there are many things in Islam that aren't "this" or "that". What I mean is, one person has to use his initiative and see what he/she deems to be the right way of interpretation. Even today, there are many great scholars who disagree on how they interpret some aspects of Islam. Does this mean one scholar will rot in hell and the other will breathe the divine air that floats the heavens ? Of course not. Only God knows your true beliefs and knows that you have assessed the situation, and have come to a well thought out conclusion.

We are human, we are always going to have disagreement, so with things that are deliberately left open to discussion, there will be just that.

What I mean by this is, more than one interpretation can be correct, but the formation of sects is something that came about not because of interpretation of open aspects of Islam, but rather ignorance and presence of evildoers. The fundamental aspects of Islam are clear cut and easily understandable and thus there should not be differences in understanding in these.. Islam clearly tells us to follow Quran and Sunnah(conveyed in hadith), but the formation of sects go against this, and cherry pick what they like, and change what they do not like. Look at ISIS, claim to be Muslims, but are they really? Their actions contradict with the teachings of Islam, can we even call this an interpretation?

If God says 2 + 2 is 4, and you say that 2 + 2 is 3, this isn't an interpretation, it's a disagreement.
    But if God say 2 + 2 gives a single digit even number, 4 and 6 and 8 can all be correct if the initial statement is correct ( which it isn't for this e.g of course) , this is an interpretation, whereby all three answers are correct, with reason.

Hope this makes sense.
    Interesting.

So what you are saying is that Islam has a core of belief and teaching which is clear and open for all to see. However other things can be interpreted to be more important than other things within the teaching? So one scholar could interpret that the most important thing is helping the poor and needy, whereas another could say the most important thing is living a moral life? My both believe in and teach the core belief just disagree on the specifics within peoples lives?

Sects the people who try and change or "misinterpret" the core belief and teaching? So people who do this like ISIL go against Islam for their own ends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    You mean like Sunni and Shia Islam? I thought there was only one interpretation
    there are many brands of `Islam

from the most lovey-dovey to the most belligerent and extreme

from those who spend their time in kuffar-bashing (attacking non-muslims), in accusing each other of apostasy, in advocating the re-introduction of mutilations and physical punishments, to those who preach love and understanding among all peoples of the world, regardless of religious allegiance, beliefs and practices etc etc

and all of them draw their inspiration widely from the same basic texts : and all of them claim they are right and all the others are wrong

so, who is right and who is wrong ? and, most importantly, who decides about that ?

yes, Islam is a galaxy of its own

She has been studying Islam by herself for many years. She knows more about Islam than many Muslims alive. She done her independent reading on Islam, it is ridiculous to say that she is being taken in by 'proselytising' Muslims on this forum, did you even read the thread title ? She's a very educated person who has been raised free of religion and has done her own studying on religion. That's why she is frustrated that people like you are trying to create a debate out of this thread, or tell her to "watch out" about Islam or say things like "one way ticket". She simply wants to talk to people who are like her, she doesn't want people to debate about Islam or religion in general.
    Thank you for the rather dry monologue on what is pretty obvious. I have not doubted her education or research into Islam. This is a thread on a public forum; I'm allowed to say what I like within the TSR guidelines. Why you keep trying to shut people up on the basis that the OP doesn't want this or that on her thread is beyond me.

Bold bit: am I wrong? I consider it important to point out the penalty for apostasy in Islam to anybody considering joining the faith. If you consider that religious bullying, so be it. She may already know it but I'm going to point it out anyway because it's not a certainty that she does. As fro 'watch out' -- I think that's more or less justified in this current age of people radicalising themselves over the Internet. I find it highly amusing when the same people are up in arms asking for sympathy when somebody who's radicalised themselves over the Internet goes to Syria without their parents' consent and then, when somebody tries to make sure, despite how ridiculous it may seem, that people don't get radicalised, that's apparently an insult to their intelligence. What is it that you want, then? Seriously, stop trying to regulate what's said on this website; it's not your private property. And although I suspect that the OP wholeheartedly agrees with you, I suggest you let her speak for herself.

If you want to 'warn' her, if that is even what you want to call it, then PM her, and leave this thread for its intended purposes.

It's like walking in to a room full of people who just want to talk about Darwinism, and you say "Are you sure you want to believe in Darwinism?" and then you start giving reasons why you think Darwinism is wrong. That is not the right place to do it and you will almost certainly offend some people.
    Enough of your lecturing about what I can and can't do on a website that you don't own. I am perfectly within the TSR guidelines in what I say -- that is the only rule that applies here.

Oh, and let the OP speak for herself for once. If she's as educated as you say she is, she can probably handle that herself.

Oh, you didn't mean the correct interpretation, but the correct manner of interpretation! How silly of me. 'There aren't five apples, there are five fruits that are all apples.' That's about as much sense as what you've said makes.

The rest of your post (not included) either didn't make sense or wasn't relevant to what I had said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Ah, I see. Fair enough.

Every convert is going to be different though. You are always going to find some differences and your own journey is going to be unique to you

This is just a quick varied list I complied and is by no means exhaustive.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A Quiet Revolution: The Veil's Resurgence, from the Middle East to America - Leila Ahmed

Progressive Muslims: On Justice, Gender, and Pluralism - Omid Safi

Sexual Ethics And Islam: Feminist Reflections on Qur'an, Hadith, and Jurisprudence - Kecia Ali

Qur'an and Woman: Rereading the Sacred Text from a Woman's Perspective - Amina Wadud

"Believing Women" in Islam: Unreading Patriarchal Interpretations of the Qur'an - Asma Barlas

Before Homosexuality in the Arab-Islamic World, 1500-1800 - Khaled El-Rouayheb

Living Out Islam: Voices of Gay, Lesbian, and Transgender Muslims - Scott Siraj Al-Haqq Kugle

Homosexuality in Islam: Critical Reflection on Gay, Lesbian, and Transgender Muslims - Scott Siraj Al-Haqq Kugle

Women Shaping Islam: Reading the Qu'ran in Indonesia - Pieternella van Doorn-Harder

Paradise Beneath Her Feet: How Women Are Transforming the Middle East - Isobel Coleman

How to Win a Cosmic War: God, Globalization, and the End of the War on Terror - Reza Aslan

The Great Theft: Wrestling Islam from the Extremists - Khaled Abou El Fadl

Islamic Pacifism: Global Muslims in the Post-Osama Era - Arsalan Iftikhar

The Second Message of Islam - Mahmud Muhammad Taha

The Place of Tolerance in Islam - Khaled Abou El Fadl

Inside The Gender Jihad: Women's Reform in Islam - Amina Wadud

Beyond the Veil: Male-Female Dynamics in Modern Muslim Society - Fatema Mernissi

The Future of Islam - John L. Esposito

No god but God: The Origins, Evolution and Future of Islam - Reza Aslan

Toward an Islamic Reformation: Civil Liberties, Human Rights, and International Law - Abdullahi Ahmed An-Na'im

Islam and the Secular State: Negotiating the Future of Shari'a - Abdullahi Ahmed An-Na'im

Standing Alone in Mecca: An American Woman's Struggle for the Soul of Islam - Asra Nomani

The Muslim next door : the Qurʼan, the media, and that veil thing - Sumbul Ali-Karamali

Women and Gender in Islam: Historical Roots of a Modern Debate - Leila Ahmed

The Trouble With Islam Today: A Muslim's Call for Reform in Her Faith - Irshad Manji

I Speak for Myself: American Women on Being Muslim - Maria M. Ebrahimji

The Politics of the Veil - Joan Wallach Scott

Liberal Islam: A Sourcebook - Charles Kurzman

Halal Monk: A Christian on a Journey through Islam - Jonas Yunus Atlas

I am merely interested in religion, but not religious myself.
    Good list,will prob make a start on it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    there are many brands of `Islam

from the most lovey-dovey to the most belligerent and extreme

from those who spend their time in kuffar-bashing (attacking non-muslims), in accusing each other of apostasy, in advocating the re-introduction of mutilations and physical punishments, to those who preach love and understanding among all peoples of the world, regardless of religious allegiance, beliefs and practices etc etc

and all of them draw their inspiration widely from the same basic texts : and all of them claim they are right and all the others are wrong

so, who is right and who is wrong ? and, most importantly, who decides about that ?

yes, Islam is a galaxy of its own
    This is so interesting? I didn't think of it that way. I thought it was just one version of Islam and that was it. But now I know what you're talking about. So like salafis and sufis etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    Interesting.

So what you are saying is that Islam has a core of belief and teaching which is clear and open for all to see. However other things can be interpreted to be more important than other things within the teaching? So one scholar could interpret that the most important thing is helping the poor and needy, whereas another could say the most important thing is living a moral life? My both believe in and teach the core belief just disagree on the specifics within peoples lives?

Sects the people who try and change or "misinterpret" the core belief and teaching? So people who do this like ISIL go against Islam for their own ends.
    Not quite right. There are fundamental aspects of Islam which all hold great weight. These are the 5 pillars of Islam and is the core of what makes a Muslim:
    Shahadah - sincerely reciting the Muslim profession of faith.
    Salaat - performing ritual prayers in the proper way five times each day.
    Zakat - paying an alms or charity tax to benefit the poor and the needy.
    Sawm - fasting during the month of Ramadan.
    Hajj - pilgrimage to Mecca.

Then there are rules and boundaries to not break, such as those prohibiting murder, hate speech, theft, lying, etc which all hold different weights

Then there are things left open for discussion (I've PM'ed you about these).

And yes you are correct about sects, they go against Islam. Allah clearly said to not divide yourselves in to sects, so how can one call themselves Muslim if they are going against what Allah prohibited while deeming it to be correct. It is one thing to sin, and know you have sinned and then repent, but it is another thing to sin, but foolishly believe you are not.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the rather dry monologue on what is pretty obvious. I have not doubted her education or research into Islam. This is a thread on a public forum; I'm allowed to say what I like within the TSR guidelines. Why you keep trying to shut people up on the basis that the OP doesn't want this or that on her thread is beyond me.

Bold bit: am I wrong? I consider it important to point out the penalty for apostasy in Islam to anybody considering joining the faith. If you consider that religious bullying, so be it. She may already know it but I'm going to point it out anyway because it's not a certainty that she does. As fro 'watch out' -- I think that's more or less justified in this current age of people radicalising themselves over the Internet. I find it highly amusing when the same people are up in arms asking for sympathy when somebody who's radicalised themselves over the Internet goes to Syria without their parents' consent and then, when somebody tries to make sure, despite how ridiculous it may seem, that people don't get radicalised, that's apparently an insult to their intelligence. What is it that you want, then? Seriously, stop trying to regulate what's said on this website; it's not your private property. And although I suspect that the OP wholeheartedly agrees with you, I suggest you let her speak for herself.

Enough of your lecturing about what I can and can't do on a website that you don't own. I am perfectly within the TSR guidelines in what I say -- that is the only rule that applies here.

Oh, and let the OP speak for herself for once. If she's as educated as you say she is, she can probably handle that herself.
    If I post a thread about Mathematics wanting to speak to people who also like Mathematics, and you come in and start talking negatively about Maths, you are out of place are you not, you will offend people will you not ? It isn't about what is fine under the TSR guidelines, I'm talking to you in terms of basic respect for others. The reason why I am speaking on behalf of OP is because she has several exams this month and has been through a lot recently. She created this thread to speak with people like her, to take her mind of her current stressful situation to help cope with exams. Her being bombarded with some of these posts is just not fair. Though I do appreciate that you may not have known this.

P.S

The correct manner of interpretation
    and
    The ONE correct interpretation

Mean two different things.

One is the manner in which you interpret something, the other is stating that there is only one correct interpretation.

The manner to interpret something correctly is based on evidence, research, and reasoning, this is even true to science, hence why there are several theories of the same concept in sciences, most of which we use together to solve problems.

ReputationRep:
    If I post a thread about Mathematics wanting to speak to people who also like Mathematics, and you come in and start talking negatively about Maths, you are out of place are you not,
    if you don't like what someone posts, just disregard it, possibly put on "ignore" and let one hundred flowers bloom

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.