Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do y'all go to church? watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I admire Mary so much. She went through so many hardships and get didn't lose her faith in God. And she gave birth to the most wonderful teacher for all mankind
    Mary was a badass.

But honestly, Catholicism pays so much respect and reverence towards Mary because she is the example we can follow: she was a normal, human girl, but a true believer, and that is why "God chose her" and all that stuff
    And she went through pregnancy and childbirth without being married - back then, she would've almost definitely been stoned to death - that takes some balls.
    Plus, she gave birth to God, technically, and that doesn't happen everyday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Cute. How do you feel about Western governments who align themselves to "Christian values" but unleash such perils on the world btw? I think that's another reason people are not going Church or aligning themselves to those values.
    Then they're tainting the reputation of Christianity and everything Christ stood for.

ReputationRep:
    Why ever not?
    My beliefs and religion contradict one another, it would be hypocritical of me to associate with it in any way

ReputationRep:
    Then they're tainting the reputation of Christianity and everything Christ stood for.
    How do you know what Christ stood for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    I had a Black mass once :sexface:
    Hi there,

Can I ask what this IS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraYeates)
    Hi there,

Can I ask what this IS?
    Name:  satanist-ritual-ap.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  52.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Name:  satanist-ritual-ap.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  52.4 KB
    Please clarify. Thanks

Can I say, I feel you are possibly being slightly racist. If so, this offends me and can you please remove your previous post before it is reported to the mods.

Thanks,
    L
    A
    U
    R
    a

ReputationRep:
    Does the church of fun count?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraYeates)
    Please clarify. Thanks

Can I say, I feel you are possibly being slightly racist. If so, this offends me and can you please remove your previous post before it is reported to the mods.

Thanks,
    L
    A
    U
    R
    a
    How am I being racist?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

For more details, please PM me.

Ta,
    L.

ReputationRep:
    It's been quite a while... I love going at Easter time though!!!

ReputationRep:
    How am I being racist?
    did she just claim that the black mass is racist?!

ReputationRep:
    It's awesome during Christmas. I really want to go to mass this year
    why's the service so much better at xmas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeathGuardElite)
    did she just claim that the black mass is racist?!
    I PM'ed her and she told me to go to the Persian soc

was like wtf, I'm not even Iranian

ReputationRep:
    I go every Sunday and then go to lifegroups (bible study kinda sessions) during the week!
    I would encourage you to go regularly, find somewhere you're comfortable in and where the spirit leads you

ReputationRep:
    Used to every week with my family, but not anymore now.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ah man, you all had church-related banter without me :cry2:

I go to church when I can (I have dispensation not to attend regularly due to ill health). Sadly that's not very often :no: Like, I don't think I managed a single service this year's Holy Week, despite being a practising Catholic :cry2: It was a huge disappointment.

As a child I used to go pretty much every Sunday. That all stopped around secondary school (after we got the necessary priest's reference to get in) but we'd still go often. Now I'm lucky if I can go to midnight Mass on Christmas Day or any Holy Week service, or any service at all tbh :erm:

I am trying to reintegrate myself into the general church community by helping to run confirmation classes at the parish associated with my secondary school. I see the priest there about 2-4 times a year for confession and general guidance in my spiritual life. I am fortunate enough that I have a rich uncle who is a devout Catholic and likes to send me on pilgrimages, in hope of a miracle with regards to my health. So I've been to Lourdes once and the Holy Land, which was an incredible experience
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I should go more often than I do. I go every Christmas and Easter at least. I love the service and the vicar is lovely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    I've never met a "real" Christian in my life mind you. I'm sure it goes against human nature.
    No it doesn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.