Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examsucks)
    Congrats!! When did you do the test?
    Thank you I am really happy!!! I think around February 24th ! Have you got an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkatking)
    Thank you I am really happy!!! I think around February 24th ! Have you got an offer?
    Ah I was there on the same day! I haven't heard back from them but I also don't think my test went that great...Are you going to firm them? What's your major?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examsucks)
    Ah I was there on the same day! I haven't heard back from them but I also don't think my test went that great...Are you going to firm them? What's your major?
    I didn't feel like mine went well at all either - you can't always tell so try not to think about it too much. What have you applied for elsewhere? Major: Societies and Minor: Health and Environment although I would actually like to major in H&E. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Ah I got an offer today I'm majoring in Health and Environment and minoring in societies

Is anyone else not sure about going to University? I'm not sure about if I could deal with living in London and whether they have good disability support. Other university disability support departments have sent me emails but UCL hasn't.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't feel like mine went well at all either - you can't always tell so try not to think about it too much. What have you applied for elsewhere? Major: Societies and Minor: Health and Environment although I would actually like to major in H&E. What about you?
    I actually got an offer today!! I'm going to firm it tonight with my insurance being cognitive science at Edinburgh. I also applied for lib arts + sciences at Birmingham and flexible combined honours at Exeter, you? My major is Cultures but I want to switch it to Societies! So excited!!!

ReputationRep:
    I also got an offer for Cultures today! See you guys in September (hopefully), I keep my fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer today too!!! (Majoring in Sciences and Engineering) So happy!!

ReputationRep:
    That's weird I wouldn't mind being able to major in Societies- which is annoying because at most universities I wouldn't need to do two social sciences/humanities to study them :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.borne)
    Ah I got an offer today I'm majoring in Health and Environment and minoring in societies

Is anyone else not sure about going to University? I'm not sure about if I could deal with living in London and whether they have good disability support. Other university disability support departments have sent me emails but UCL hasn't.
    I am nervous too as I have health conditions which require alot of support but hopefully UCL are really good in that area. I would have thought that as they're a very well funded uni and in central London, that they would have a good disability service. Maybe contact them directly?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody put this course as their firm? Also is there a chat for people who (hopefully) will be going there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F.borne)
    Has anybody put this course as their firm? Also is there a chat for people who (hopefully) will be going there?
    Hello!! I have firmed it 😃 Have you?? Currently there's a group on Facebook for UCL applicants/freshers and you can join that but there isn't one just for BAScers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bl4rmy)
    Hello!! I have firmed it 😃 Have you?? Currently there's a group on Facebook for UCL applicants/freshers and you can join that but there isn't one just for BAScers
    Yeah I have All the groups I've found for UCL have like 10 members though... Which one is the one you've found?

ReputationRep:
    How have IB applicants done?

My offer was 39 with 19 HL and a 6 in SL Maths. I achieved 39 with 19 HL and a 5 in SL Maths -_- . I have been told that I will be considered a 'near-miss applicant'. How has everyone else done?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have a conditional offer from BASc requiring 5,5,5,5,4 in AP and I ionly got 5.5.5.4.4. in the end. Is it worthwhile to call them and appeal? what are the chances they will actually consider?

I got a 4 in Biology, which is my only sciency science course in AP but I am also a CULTURES major.

I have worked really hard and can't seem to accept this right now I came so close!

please help!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have a conditional offer from BASc requiring 5,5,5,5,4 in AP and I ionly got 5.5.5.4.4. in the end. Is it worthwhile to call them and appeal? what are the chances they will actually consider?

I got a 4 in Biology, which is my only sciency science course in AP but I am also a CULTURES major.

I have worked really hard and can't seem to accept this right now I came so close!

please help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meiqi.matilda)

please help!
    Definitely ring them up!! I imagine you'll be considered a near miss candidate - which means you probably won't get an answer until after A-level results day (18th August) but it's still worth a try and worth notifying them that you're definitely still interested!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get an AAA offer ? Or do you know when they give AAA offers instead of the A*AA offer ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys if anyone is doing the arts and sciences BASc degree starting in September we have a little Facebook group going please come and join!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/525556664300791/

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.