Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer to study at Essex and was wondering what accommodation are people were going to apply for? It will most probably be my firm! xx

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for Computer Science @ Essex.
    Subjects: Drama (A2), Film Studies (A2), Computing (AS), Maths (AS) and an EPQ.
    Predicted Grades: B, B, B, B, B.

Really excited for the interview, looking at the Quays for accommodation.

Also applying for: Hertfordshire, Sheffield Hallam, Northampton and Lincoln.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milkcart0n)

I have an interview for Computer science too! Hope the interview goes well!

ReputationRep:

Hiya,
    I just wanted to say I study Psychology at the University of Essex so if you have any questions about the uni feel free to ask
    Natalie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leamariest)
    Hey there, did you picked an accomodation yet? What do you prefer, halls or flat?
    I have an unconditional offer so Essex will probably be my insurance xx
    Hello! Do you already have your A level results? Well done on getting a conditional! I like the South Courts.. what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I am a third year biomedical science student and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about the university or student life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannon.rose)
    Hi all, I am a third year biomedical science student and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about the university or student life
    Actually I do have some questions:

- Is there enough nightlife/party happening?
    - Which is the best accommodation? And till when do I have to apply for having a chance to get the one that I want?
    - Is the university very international?
    - How far is it to London?
    - And is it possible to visit the university anytime as I'm from Germany and can not come to an open day?

Thanks a lot for your help

ReputationRep:

Hi!
    Congratulations for your Essex offer! I really hope you'll go great!
    I am a current student at the university and I also have lived in the Quays in my first year of studies. Loved it there! If you have any questions about the uni or the accommodation in general, feel free to ask me!

^andriana

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leamariest)
    Thank you so much, that helps a LOT!
    Are there many essays to be written?
    Thanks again!!
    Hiya! well from comparing both of our degrees (I study Psychology), she does have more essays than me to write, however her coursework tends to be worth 50% and exams are 50% for her modules, and my coursework tends to be worth 25% and my exams tend to be 75% of my modules. so you can see why she has more essays than me to do because its worth more for her than it is for me The benefit for her is that she has less pressure on her exam performance compared to me,which she really loves haha

^Sharmila

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharmila_Student)
    Hiya! well from comparing both of our degrees (I study Psychology), she does have more essays than me to write, however her coursework tends to be worth 50% and exams are 50% for her modules, and my coursework tends to be worth 25% and my exams tend to be 75% of my modules. so you can see why she has more essays than me to do because its worth more for her than it is for me The benefit for her is that she has less pressure on her exam performance compared to me,which she really loves haha

^Sharmila
    Thank you so much. This sounds really good :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GUYS help! I have an interview and in the invitation they say not to worry about dressing up; to wear whatever you're comfortable in, but I feel like jeans would still be a no-go right??? I mean I have black ones which can be dressed up but I don't wanna look like a slob
    You feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2cool4scool)
    GUYS help! I have an interview and in the invitation they say not to worry about dressing up; to wear whatever you're comfortable in, but I feel like jeans would still be a no-go right??? I mean I have black ones which can be dressed up but I don't wanna look like a slob
    You feel
    Hello,
    I study Psychology at the University of Essex so didn't have to have an interview.
    However, I know people who did have interviews and you honestly don't have to dress up. Some people may still choose to dress up but the person who interviews you will only care about your passion for the subject and if they feel you will do well. They won't really look at what you are wearing!

Just make sure you are comfortable so you can feel yourself!

Natalie.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Yesterday I got a letter regarding the interview. They said it will be a group interview and I'm really nervous! Did anyone have a group interview in Essex before? My subject is languages studies. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Couple of friends have Law interviews today.. good luck to anybody else with one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ylvis)
    Hey guys! Yesterday I got a letter regarding the interview. They said it will be a group interview and I'm really nervous! Did anyone have a group interview in Essex before? My subject is languages studies. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't worry too much about the interview. I had one for studying Biomedical science at Essex and although it wasn't a group interview it was very relaxed and definitely not something to worry about it will most likely be an informal chat with the lecturers to discuss your interest in the course as well as the university. It will be ran in the style of a visit day which will give you the opportunity to look around the university campus as well as your department and also meet some of your peers and lecturers!

I really enjoyed my interview day and am still friends with people I met that day now and I have received lectures from all of the lecturers I met on the visit day.

Good luck if you have any questions I'll do my best to help

ReputationRep:
    Are uni of Essex lenient when it comes to results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannon.rose)
    I wouldn't worry too much about the interview. I had one for studying Biomedical science at Essex and although it wasn't a group interview it was very relaxed and definitely not something to worry about it will most likely be an informal chat with the lecturers to discuss your interest in the course as well as the university. It will be ran in the style of a visit day which will give you the opportunity to look around the university campus as well as your department and also meet some of your peers and lecturers!

I really enjoyed my interview day and am still friends with people I met that day now and I have received lectures from all of the lecturers I met on the visit day.

Good luck if you have any questions I'll do my best to help
    Hello! Thank you for your advice:3
    It's great that you became friends with the people you met on the visit day
    Hopefully I can meet some new people haha
    I was worrying about the interview at the beginning because I'm not good at participating in a group discussion. I'm not a talkative person
    Thank you again :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toto123)
    As far as I know, yes. Most unis are tbh, especially those which are less competitive like Essex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toto123)
    Hi there, I'm Perry and I'm currently a second year drama student! From past knowledge and experiences, when the University gets your grades on results day it takes your whole application into account which includes your interview, personal statement, academic reference, your GCSE grades as well as your A level results which you receive on results day. For example if your a grade or two short on your A level results but the rest of your application is good then the chances are that you'll have a really good chance of coming to Essex. Of course that might not be the case this year as it changes every year but that's probably what's most likely to happen!

If you have any other questions about the Uni or the application process then give me a shout and I'll be more than happy to help

ReputationRep:
    I have a group interview for English Language and Linguistics on February 10th, is anyone else going? I'm really nervous, what will happen in a group interview? Also, I know it says casual dress in the letter but what does that actually mean? Would jeans be okay?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 15, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.