Turn on thread page Beta

Would you change your biological sex? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Would you change your biological sex?
    Yes
    11.36%
    No
    88.64%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    boy that chip on your shoulder must be heavy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the useless metaphor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Every time you fail you can just scream sexism. Every time you're upset you can just say you're on a period, and it's not just that you have anger issues.
    You could, but then you'd be mentally ill.

get away with being overweight too
    Well, that lack of perspective is actually worth a chuckle. Good job. It is a shame how the vast majority of eating disorders affect men. Oh, wait.

girls can just not bother trying in education, not bother ever working, and just marry someone with money, or pretend they're mentally ill!
    Ah, yes, the lucrative business of faking mental illness. Remind me how that one goes again, and why the door is only open to women?

From what I've seen, marrying for money is a sad, lonely and submissive life. I don't know any girls who aspire to that (though I am sure a small minority exists). It sounds like you do, though. There are some eligible, millionaire gay guys out there too (since you don't seem to like women very much at all).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cassette)
    You could, but then you'd be mentally ill.

Well, that lack of perspective is actually worth a chuckle. Good job. It is a shame how the vast majority of eating disorders affect men. Oh, wait.

Ah, yes, the lucrative business of faking mental illness. Remind me how that one goes again, and why the door is only open to women?

From what I've seen, marrying for money is a sad, lonely and submissive life. I don't know any girls who aspire to that (though I am sure a small minority exists). It sounds like you do, though. There are some eligible, millionaire gay guys out there too (since you don't seem to like women very much at all).
    If a girl is overweight, what changes? She has bigger breasts, a larger backside. All that changed negatively is her stomach is not longer perfectly flat - which 99% of guys don't give a crap about. Whereas if a guy get's overweight and now has a big stomach, large backside and something somewhat resembling breasts, it looks horrendous.

Eating disorders? I'm almost certain it doesn't affect a certain gender more.

Oooh now I understand why all your comments are wrong. You're one of them. "You don't seem to like women that much so be gay" what a dumb statement. I recognise that women are able to get away with things that men aren't, and visa versa. Don't see how that means I hate women overall.

There are a lot of women faking mental illnesses, faking the birth of children, marrying a rich guy etc. Which is more common that a man living in a council house claiming benefits with a rich wife. Same as there's things more common that guys do - I was just pointing out one that women can do. And it seems pretty easy to do too, especially here in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to be a boy instead. Can travel alone without fearing for your life, you're taken more seriously, don't have to put up with period pains every month or the hellish insecurities that come with being female. You're not expected to wear makeup and look perfect all the time. Your body isn't constantly policed...

ReputationRep:
    Eating disorders? I'm almost certain it doesn't affect a certain gender more.
    'Women are much more likely than men to develop an eating disorder. Only an estimated 5 to 15 percent of people with anorexia or bulimia are male.'

http://www.anad.org/get-information/...rs-statistics/

I'm not going to bother touching the rest of your latest batch of crazy with a bargepole. You should see a GP for your anger issues, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    Given that its technically impossible to change your sex, the question is meaningless. You might as well ask if you would change your species.
    OK

would you enjoy being a hyena ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    OK

would you enjoy being a hyena ?
    I have absolutely no idea. It is logically impossible to dissociate myself from my current perception of existence as a human male. I have no way, and could never have a way, of inferring what it might be like to be a hyena, or indeed, a human female.

ReputationRep:
    No, because firstly I am not a transgender person, nor have gender dysphoria.
    Secondly when I compare my life with my female friends, I honestly do think that men have it easier. In this world, women tend to be subjected to more hatred or prejudice comparing to men (which is incredibly absurd). They are much braver than me, since I don't believe I can live a good life with that much pressure against me every single day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cassette)
    'Women are much more likely than men to develop an eating disorder. Only an estimated 5 to 15 percent of people with anorexia or bulimia are male.'

http://www.anad.org/get-information/...rs-statistics/

I'm not going to bother touching the rest of your latest batch of crazy with a bargepole. You should see a GP for your anger issues, though.
    And what's the science behind this? Seems much more like it correlates to lifestyle rather than gender.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I personally believe girls after it a lot harder - period pains, pressure to be thin, pressure to get dolled up every day etc etc
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    There are a lot of women faking the birth of children.
    :rofl:
    If a girl is overweight, what changes? She has bigger breasts, a larger backside. All that changed negatively is her stomach is not longer perfectly flat - which 99% of guys don't give a crap about.

Whereas if a guy get's overweight and now has a big stomach, large backside and something somewhat resembling breasts, it looks horrendous.

I recognise that women are able to get away with things that men aren't, and visa versa.

There are a lot of women faking mental illnesses,

faking the birth of children,

marrying a rich guy etc.

Which is more common that a man living in a council house claiming benefits with a rich wife.

Same as there's things more common that guys do - I was just pointing out one that women can do.
    And what's the science behind this? Seems much more like it correlates to lifestyle rather than gender.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not JSTOR - do your own research if you're not satisfied. For somebody who's 'almost certain' about something, you surely must have done some reading on the subject. The gender disparity within the eating disordered demographic is so axiomatic that most articles are geared towards trying to raise awareness of males with eating disorders, not prove that the inequality exists. Some, however, touch on it, such as this paper, which also deals with the relatively poor prognosis for females: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...65178110005135

Anyway, I think this discussion has probably moved beyond the scope of the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    I have no way, and could never have a way, of inferring what it might be like to be a hyena
    we all feel for you ...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.