Turn on thread page Beta

[2016] Fastest and slowest offer senders watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    I'm not sure if Swansea have started making offers yet
    What about Exeter and Bristol for Psychology??

ReputationRep:
    I received an offer from Newcastle in less than 24 hours!

ReputationRep:
    My friend got an offer from Warwick in 4 hours

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Warwick for History and Politics after nearly exactly a week after sending my application off

ReputationRep:
    Already got offers from loughborough and uea and acknowledgement letters from york, durham and oxford to study history, i sent mine last monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickM98)
    UEA and Royal Holloway offered me places for Law win just over a week. Still waiting on LSE, Queen Mary and Brunel, although LSE should come through this week if it is positive.
    Did you get the "I anticipate that this process will take approximately two weeks" email from LSE too? apparently after the two weeks email you get an 8 weeks email (if you are not rejected off the bat for not meeting grades).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V.Puzzled)
    Did you get the "I anticipate that this process will take approximately two weeks" email from LSE too? apparently after the two weeks email you get an 8 weeks email (if you are not rejected off the bat for not meeting grades).
    I'm on the '8 week email'. However based on previous years it looks like I should get a response tomorrow even though I only got the 8 week one on Monday. But yeah effectively the one that follows it is the "We are close to making a decision, the next you hear from us will be a reply" email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickM98)
    I'm on the '8 week email'. However based on previous years it looks like I should get a response tomorrow even though I only got the 8 week one on Monday. But yeah effectively the one that follows it is the "We are close to making a decision, the next you hear from us will be a reply" email
    Okay let me see if I got this straight You get the 8 week email, then the "we are close to making a decision" email, and then an offer/rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Warwick is blitzing through offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    not for law,

ReputationRep:
    Warwick for maths, phys is pretty damn quick
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by _i_i_l_i_i_)
    not for law,
    Law takes ages at most popular universities for it: the stalking thread last year had people (who applied before the 15th of October) waiting until mid-late November for their first offer. It's gonna be a long haul for Law haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Law takes ages at most popular universities for it: the stalking thread last year had people (who applied before the 15th of October) waiting until mid-late November for their first offer. It's gonna be a long haul for Law haha.
    oh wow lmao, guess I can stop checking tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    Sheffield and Liverpool have been quick for me, I think Warwick have also been fairly quick.
    Yeah, I got an offer from Liverpool 8 hours after they acknowledged my application. And that was 2 days after my school sent my UCAS form.
    The first offer I got was Royal Holloway, so maybe they are holding out more.
    Also guys, I think Birmingham bide their time. At the open day on Saturday they said February was the most likely date for offers, and I think Manchester offers will start coming in soon enough. Everyone I know that applied there got an email of acknowledgement on Wednesday, and it said a decision would be coming in 2 weeks. So fingers crossed!
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by rvas)
    What about Exeter and Bristol for Psychology??
    I'm not sure about how fast Exeter are handing offers out this year, but last year they were either really fast or really slow - no in between!

In regards to Bristol, there's a girl in my school who got an offer to study Biochemistry at Bristol 4 days after sending in her UCAS application.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Bath (IMEE) and Liverpool (Mechatronics) within 48 hours of the application being sent.

ReputationRep:
    Last year I received my offer for History within 24 hours from Warwick (that was my quickest offer by far)

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from UCLan for archaeology, i got my acknowledgement email yesterday morning like an hour after my ucas was sent to universities and then my offer came this afternoon
    Glad i got one offer quickly and atm its my insurance so thats good
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by BekahMay)
    Got an offer from UCLan for archaeology, i got my acknowledgement email yesterday morning like an hour after my ucas was sent to universities and then my offer came this afternoon
    Glad i got one offer quickly and atm its my insurance so thats good
    Well done on getting into UCLan! What is your firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Well done on getting into UCL! What is your firm choice?
    I think she meant the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer from Birmingham yet?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.