The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DanB1991
Right..... because my hobbies stop me from being a social person?

I still enjoy and play sports, go out most friday nights when I'm not working and despite living in the middle of nowhere I still get to see my mates 3-4 times a week. I actually know a large diverse groups of people, going from nerds, atypical nerds like myself, sport jocks, hipsters and your everyday kind of people.

In my experience the people who go in relationships with people they met clubbing or on nights out (pub doesn't really count), usually have short relationships or at best/worst a decent length one that they're completely miserable in.

I know only know one person who is about 32 now, who is in a serious long term relationship that has lasted around 10 years and married the girl, that he met on a night out.... even then that technically was a wedding!\

Maybe it's different from how it used to be, but really people aren't going out clubbing as much as they did about 10 years ago, which is seeing how people are getting slowly turned off from this binge drinking explosion that happened 10-20 years ago.

lol, what a load of bigoted bull****. You should be ****ing ashamed of such an appalling post.

Probably 95% of relationships begin on a night out? and you think you're better than all of them? That's disgraceful.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm currently in a relationship but if I was single I know that I could have sex with different guys as often as I want to. I personally never wanted to and don't see much accomplishment in this as I find casual sex to be empty for me personally. But I see a lot of slut-shaming on here and I wondered if some of these guys are just sexually frustrated and taking it out on women that actually can get laid. The thing is if these guys got even a fraction of the opportunities man women get they would gulp it right up and be over the moon.

What do you think?

OP just admit that you're getting crappy sex in your relationship. :wink: No one will judge you.
Original post by cole-slaw
lol, what a load of bigoted bull****. You should be ****ing ashamed of such an appalling post.

Probably 95% of relationships begin on a night out? and you think you're better than all of them? That's disgraceful.

95%? Sure..... and why so defensive?

Despite most people who "pull" on a night out usually do so with an acquaintance or mutual friend? Which again isn't really meeting someone on a night out. Pre-drinks for example.... commonly known in my circle as the best pulling method precisely for that reason! It's widely known and agreed by many people, even on here that it's, generally speaking, a bad idea to start a relationship with people you met on nights out.

And tbh we've all done it, I've done it two or three times and it resulted in me pretty much being in relationships with randomers who at the end of the day I had nothing in common with (one of which lasting two years). I don't think I'm better than anyone, just odds are that person will not be the 'one' for you if you meet them in such a manner.

I'd say doing so is worse than online dating... why? Because you've either made out or slept with them there's already a feeling of intimacy or connection that, in my personal opinion, encourages people to keep at it when there's not much in common.

Tbh I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on the matter.
Not really frustration, i mean some girls are obviously sluts...
Yeah kind of and I get tired of women thinking they are always the selectors even if they are not attractive.

Most LONG TERM (i.e not flings) relationships don't begin on a night out. Many people don't go on nights out. On a Saturday night I would rather cuddle my dog while watching doctor who than go out clubbing and get wasted.

I don't think that I'm better than people whose relationship began on a night out, and I don't think the op does either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CoolCavy
well now i know what 'laid' means...:s-smilie:
TSR has taught me so much :redface:

You must have been so innocent before TSR corrupted you lol
Original post by Katty3
Most LONG TERM (i.e not flings) relationships don't begin on a night out. Many people don't go on nights out. On a Saturday night I would rather cuddle my dog while watching doctor who than go out clubbing and get wasted.

I don't think that I'm better than people whose relationship began on a night out, and I don't think the op does either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, most of them do.

Enjoy cuddling your dog.
Original post by selfteaching
i think guys get frustrated that girls don't use their powers for sex more often

from my experience:
casual sex doesn't appeal to a lot of girls
girls can pretty much get laid by anyone but-
girls have standards for who they want to sleep with, and so are more selective, thus sleep around less

I read something on this the other day, its not so much that guys dont have standards (well some dont) its that guys standards are lower than womens because they have the spread the net further if you get me. Women tend to have the pick of the crop - take dating sites for instance, i know that women may get dozens of messages per day wheras men might not get any all week.

Men do not become more attractive with age. Women are not attracted to a balding head or a beer gut. Their assets become more attractive and is only for a minority who are actually successful.

Erm not all men get beer guts and baldness
Men do not become more attractive with age. Women are not attracted to a balding head or a beer gut. Their assets become more attractive and is only for a minority who are actually successful.

Amen. Older men are not attractive to younger gold diggers for their looks. Enjoy a sex less marriage while she has sex with the gardener if you believe that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zyzzyspirit
This is pure biology, we can trace our ancestors to 20 females and only about four males.

Erm, no. Go back far enough and everyone is the descendant of one male and one female. They're separated in space and time too, so it's not directly them as a pair. Plus who it is changes, as various gene lines die out.
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh for gods' sake, not this again.

Heterosexual men sleep with heterosexual women at the exact same rate and in exactly the same numbers as heterosexual women sleep with heterosexual men.

But the number of voluntary partners is going to be different, because more women are raped by men than men are the victims of non-consensual sex with women.

Leaving aside that and the curious idea that they have to be heterosexual, yes, the mean number of female partners of men is 'obviously' exactly equal to the mean number of male partners of women.

What's different is the distribution. The mode and the median are both different. Think about prostitution for a second: there are far more male clients of female prostitutes than female prostitutes. The latter can easily rack up a thousand partners in a year whereas the clients will - limited by funds and desire - typically be somewhere in the 'six to sixty partners' range.

Regardless of your gender, if you're interested in sex with men, the main problem in being sexual with a new man every day is accidentally doing the same one twice.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by unprinted
But the number of voluntary partners is going to be different, because more women are raped by men than men are the victims of non-consensual sex with women.

Leaving aside that and the curious idea that they have to be heterosexual, yes, the mean number of female partners of men is 'obviously' exactly equal to the mean number of male partners of women.

What's different is the distribution. The mode and the median are both different. Think about prostitution for a second: there are far more male clients of female prostitutes than female prostitutes. The latter can easily rack up a thousand partners in a year whereas the clients will - limited by funds and desire - typically be somewhere in the 'six to sixty partners' range.

Regardless of your gender, if you're interested in sex with men, the main problem in being sexual with a new man every day is accidentally doing the same one twice.

But we're not talking about homosexuals, and we're not talking about prostitutes. We're talking about consensual heterosexual couples.

Restrict yourself to the topic in hand, and repeat your analysis.
No, most of them do.

Enjoy cuddling your dog.

Ptove it.

I happen to love my dog very much. She also seems to think she's a lap dog.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i think guys get frustrated that girls don't use their powers for sex more often

from my experience:
girls have standards for who they want to sleep with, and so are more selective, thus sleep around less

I disagree. In my opinion, most guys find sex intrinsically pleasurable but most girls don't find it intrinsically pleasurable. Hence, given the opportunity, guys will use this "power" more often while girls would not necessarily do it.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Not really. One woman could be having sex with different men.

Say we have 100 people. 10 women and 90 men. 1 woman could be having sex with say 20 different men. That woman has sex more times than each of those individual 20 men.

Mathematical training. I can see it. :redface:
Original post by keturah
And how many men look like George Clooney? They are going to be severely disappointed when they are older if they think women will suddenly be throwing themselves at them.
Some women age well, my mum looked better in her thirties than twenties, she's aged better than my dad. But keep telling yourself that rubbish if it makes you feel better :redface:

Brutal honesty. :tongue:
Original post by Juichiro
I disagree. In my opinion, most guys find sex intrinsically pleasurable but most girls don't find it intrinsically pleasurable. Hence, given the opportunity, guys will use this "power" more often while girls would not necessarily do it.

I feel genuinely sorry for your girlfriend.
Original post by Juichiro

yeah that's a good point, guys usually have to be very skilled to make sex pleasurable for a woman, whereas a guy is satisfied with the bare minimum
yeah that's a good point, guys usually have to be very skilled to make sex pleasurable for a woman, whereas a guy is satisfied with the bare minimum

I disagree to an extent. Yes, a guy may have to do a little more, but usually (even if girls don't admit it) girls like sex, and they like doing it. It's not the case that a guy has to be a wizard in bed just to make a girl moan. :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending