Has anyone got an unconditional offer? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilyjmitchell)
    Has any one else got an unconditional offer? Just curious
    yeah, dunno if I'm gonna take it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilymolly19)
    what AS and A2 predictions did people get who have unconditional offers? (specifically the ones from uni of Birmingham)

also, did they receive their unconditional offer immediately or after a few days?

i have an unconditional for human biology at Birmingham- GCSEs were 6A* 3A, AS AABBE and A2 predicted AAA☺️

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional to study History at Nottingham Trent 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aye - Law and German at Bangor.

ReputationRep:
    YEAH BOIIIIIIII
    But i applied having achieved a levels thats y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ffiorentini)
    Not that I'm aware of... it's just that the Scottish system was designed so that you're meant to leave school after your highers (equivalent to AS) and go to university, so the Scottish universities judge us off of our highers for entry to first year.
    If we stay on and do advanced highers (equivalent to A levels) we can apply to second year (the equivalent to first year at an English university), and we'd be given conditional offers based on our advanced highers. But if we already have our highers and are applying to first year, then it's like applying when you already have your A levels. You're already qualified to get in so they often give unconditionals.
    (Original post by ffiorentini)
    Not that I'm aware of... it's just that the Scottish system was

designed so that you're meant to leave school after your highers (equivalent to AS) and go to university, so the Scottish universities judge us off of our highers for entry to first year.
    If we stay on and do advanced highers (equivalent to A levels) we can apply to second year (the equivalent to first year at an English university), and we'd be given conditional offers based on our advanced highers. But if we already have our highers and are applying to first year, then it's like applying when you already have your A levels. You're already qualified to get in so they often give unconditionals.

That's not entirely true. Medical students only ever get unconditionals which will be based on achieving certain grades at AH level, PS etc as well as UKCAT. Unconditionals for other subjects, law for instance, no doubt others, may offer unconditionals but they will take 6th year predicted grades into consideration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougallnDougall)
    That's not entirely true. Medical students only ever get unconditionals which will be based on achieving certain grades at AH level, PS etc as well as UKCAT. Unconditionals for other subjects, law for instance, no doubt others, may offer unconditionals but they will take 6th year predicted grades into consideration.
    Yeah that's true, I'm guessing that's because in first year for medicine they build upon AHs, unlike most subjects where there's generally an overlap between AHs and first year. But what I said does stand for most subjects

ReputationRep:
    i got unconditional from aberdee for biotechnology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marni1989)
    i got unconditional from aberdee for biotechnology
    Congrats. Will you be firming this offer?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats. Will you be firming this offer?
    pf i dont know i really havee to think about it. im from spain and i applied to see if i could have the oportunity to go but now that is real i cant beleave it.
    i feel i dont know a lot about the uni or the city and im really afraid about that

ReputationRep:
    i got unconditional for youth justice made it my firm at nottingham trent

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for UCL Economics (already have grades) - can't wait for September really

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marni1989)
    pf i dont know i really havee to think about it. im from spain and i applied to see if i could have the oportunity to go but now that is real i cant beleave it.
    i feel i dont know a lot about the uni or the city and im really afraid about that
    The university campus is compact and quite lovely dominated by Kings College Chapel which is a really beautiful building with the quad surrounded by New Kings and Elphinstone Hall. The city itself is quite nice. It has a vibrant night life with a mixture of clubs, modern trendy bars and restaurants and traditional pubs. It also has some not too bad shopping centres, has a lovely beach and is actually well set for anyone who enjoys water or mountain sports since the Grampians are just a short drive from the city. On a sunny day the older and traditional buildings sparkle in the sunlight since they're mostly built of granite. On a grey wet day, of which there are many, the city can look quite dull and very grey. Aberdeen is only 2hours drive from Edinburgh and 2.5 to 3 hours from Glasgow.

Aberdonions tend to have a dry sense of humour like most people in the north east of Scotland, they may have taken the rise out of you without you even realising it. Aberdonians are reputed to be tight with their money but in fact the amount raised for charity by the Students suggests that they are in fact anything but mean. I think Aberdeen Uni have a record of being amongst the highest revenue raisers during their annual charities week across all of Europe.
    Since the oil industry has been HQ'd in the city there are very obvious signs of considerable wealth amongst its international residential population. There are no shortage of expensive cars etc in the city. It also has pockets of serious deprivation though this is perhaps not quite so obvious as it is in other cities.
    I'm a bit biased but I do think Aberdeen is welcoming of people from across the UK and Europe. And it has something to offer everyone. The university, in fact both universities, have exceptionally strong links to the oil and gas industry which must make it/them number one for those looking to further a career in the industry
    (Lol do you think I could get a job promoting the city 😘😂😂)

ReputationRep:
    The university campus is compact and quite lovely dominated by Kings College Chapel which is a really beautiful building with the quad surrounded by New Kings and Elphinstone Hall. The city itself is quite nice. It has a vibrant night life with a mixture of clubs, modern trendy bars and restaurants and traditional pubs. It also has some not too bad shopping centres, has a lovely beach and is actually well set for anyone who enjoys water or mountain sports since the Grampians are just a short drive from the city. On a sunny day the older and traditional buildings sparkle in the sunlight since they're mostly built of granite. On a grey wet day, of which there are many, the city can look quite dull and very grey. Aberdeen is only 2hours drive from Edinburgh and 2.5 to 3 hours from Glasgow.

Aberdonions tend to have a dry sense of humour like most people in the north east of Scotland, they may have taken the rise out of you without you even realising it. Aberdonians are reputed to be tight with their money but in fact the amount raised for charity by the Students suggests that they are in fact anything but mean. I think Aberdeen Uni have a record of being amongst the highest revenue raisers during their annual charities week across all of Europe.
    Since the oil industry has been HQ'd in the city there are very obvious signs of considerable wealth amongst its international residential population. There are no shortage of expensive cars etc in the city. It also has pockets of serious deprivation though this is perhaps not quite so obvious as it is in other cities.
    I'm a bit biased but I do think Aberdeen is welcoming of people from across the UK and Europe. And it has something to offer everyone. The university, in fact both universities, have exceptionally strong links to the oil and gas industry which must make it/them number one for those looking to further a career in the industry
    (Lol do you think I could get a job promoting the city 😘😂😂)

Omg thak you so much! you would deffinetly get a job promoting Aberdeen xD.
    I still have to decide wether i stay here or go there but anyway, than you so much for all your information! are you studying in aberdeen?

ReputationRep:
    No I live here. I have a very do-able offer from Aberdeen for Scots & French law but Still waiting for Ed to reply. I sway between all of my 4 choices. 2 are unconditionals which is rather tempting = zero pressure for 6th year exams but like most 17 year olds I'm pretty keen to stretch my wings away from home. I have told my parents though that if I do go to Aberdeen I will be moving into halls. After a few weeks I might wish I was back home being waited on by mum and dad but I really feel that it is a great way to test independence in a relatively safe environment.
    Good luck with whichever decision you make.

ReputationRep:
    I received an unconditional to study film and TV studies at Aberystwyth because of a merit award. If anyone is thinking of applying to Aber then I'd definitely take one of their scholarship exams, very generous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandorax)
    Hi, I'm doing A2 currently and I got an unconditional offer from Birmingham (English & Creative Writing) yaay!
    Hi, I'm applying for the same course at Birmingham and I'm so nervous to hear back! Can I ask what your predicted, AS and GCSE results were like??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pandorax)
    Hi, I'm doing A2 currently and I got an unconditional offer from Birmingham (English & Creative Writing) yaay!
    Hii
    what where your predictions and what were the requirements?

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer from King's for 2018 entry and I was wondering if I could set it as my insurance.... they don't say anything against doing so but is that actually possible, to set it as my insurance choice ?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by celestemanenc)
    I got an unconditional offer from King's for 2018 entry and I was wondering if I could set it as my insurance.... they don't say anything against doing so but is that actually possible, to set it as my insurance choice ?
    If the offer is already unconditional then yes you can put it as your insurance choice.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.