Turn on thread page Beta

I want my boyfriend to be more dominant watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Nope, I am fearing that she will spread around the assumption that all women (by using the negative "what women doesn't like x") like to be treated in a certain way. I assume that the basis of this different treatment is based on sex, thus it is sexism. :fyi:
    Don't you feel that's a bit unlike. What teacher talks to their pupils about sex. Besides I'm sure her language was intended as humour and not as a serious statement that all women like to smacked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garfeeled)
    Don't you feel that's a bit unlike. What teacher talks to their pupils about sex. Besides I'm sure her language was intended as humour and not as a serious statement that all women like to smacked.
    It's not about sex in particular that I was talking but about her statement that all members of a particular sex like to be treated in a certain way based on their membership to that sex. What you believe is the case is irrelevant (unless your certainty is at 1/1). Else, like you do with any sexist/ageist/racist statement, you take it as it is and do not assume that the racist/ageist/sexist statement was meant as humour.

So nope, it's not unlike. Especially when I have seen her expressing similar views in the past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Know many intersex kids do thee? :holmes:

Nope. You'll still find that, once you strip away 'the act', these people will generally conform to behavioural type e.g. as per their limbic and hormonal systems

Different levels of psychoactive hormones certainly do influence our behaviour,* but personality is of course a function of factors including neuroplasticity, as well as neuroendocrine neurochemistry

For sure, but over time, with freedom of individual expression, people will tend to wind up acting in accordance with their physiological essence. You're talking to someone with a fair amount of knowledge of integrative physiology, as well as dating coaching/relationship counselling, so I'm afraid you're not going to convince me that our psyche is not innately governed, to a considerable extent, by our sexually dimorphic physiologies
    Out of interest, what of people born with both or neither? What of transgender people?

What about feminine boys and masucline girls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addyaxis)
    Out of interest, what of people born with both or neither? What of transgender people?
    What of them? :dontknow:

Spoiler:
    Show
    It's for these individuals to determine, and I would argue go with, the ('gendered') behaviour associated with their innate beings/related physiopsychological drivers

What about feminine boys and masucline girls?
    What about them?

Spoiler:
    Show
    1) Sometimes idiosyncratic (neuro)endocrinology lends itself to 'abrnormal' behaviours

2) Sometimes other factors affecting one's psyche override particular, otherwise primarily, drivers of ('gendered') behaviour

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.