Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is Britain becoming like Sweden in relation to expressing views on mass immigration? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marco1)
    And you see those arguments as invalid in themselves do you? Well there is an undeniable truth to them that even you cannot ignore. If you want to deny that then I reckon you have no love of Britain or affinity with it but just see it as a place a country to be filled with immigrants? You're on a mission to subvert the present balance of the country and don't care if you break it apart. You have your own agenda.
    Actually, economically and demographically, this country needs immigrants

The ageing population, with less and less working age people to the ratio of retired/non-working people, is a timebomb, both for the economy as well as the financing and delivery of public services.

Without immigration, the economy will stagnate and contract, both due to the declining workforce contributing to productivity but also the drag the older generation will have on public expenditure (necessitating rising higher taxes).

Older people continue to hold a gun to the head of this country, demanding that public expenditure that benefits themselves - NHS, social care, pension (which are all non-growth) - be ringfenced and increased. See how healthcare expenditure was not just protected but is planned to increase (the vast majority of healthcare is used by older people). See how policies were made to cap individual contributions to social care, such as protecting valuable property of older people (the vast vast vast majority of social care spend is on older people. See how DWP slashed all working age benefits, but pensions (by far the biggest DWP, indeed government spend) was ringfenced, with a triple lock put on pension. See how public spending on growth areas are getting squeezed (infrastructure, young people, skills/training), because older people don't cae about it. Older people are bankrupting this country, and are able to to do because both because of their rising proportional population, but also because of the established pattern of high voter turnout.

To further the damage, older people then support policies (and political parties) which cause even further damage, such as stopping immigration and blocking housebuilding through restrictive planning.

Whilst the biggest threat to our security is climate change (no it's not Islamic fundamentalists, though these are a threat), the actions of older people are a huge threat to the sustainability of our country. Once they've ruined the economy with their selfishness, immigrants won't be interested to come here anyway.

ReputationRep:
    So yah, you're not interested in listening to what they have to say on the topic and you seek to malign them with your generalisations. How intelligent.
    I listened for 32 minutes, which is a lot more than your UKIP/far-right mates here would have bothered.

You should understand what a generalisation is before you accuse others of it. My critique of what was said was fair and reflected exactly what the discussion was about.

You lapped up tired far-right victim-hood garbage, and thought it was intelligent. How embarrassing that is for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    The dumb cow. She voted Tory in her position. I am glad she is finding it tough now. If you are so stupid you self harm, despite all the warnings, you deserve it. I am glad she is unhappy because she will learn from this mistake I imagine. Some people learn from the mistakes of others, and I hope this kind never make mistakes. Some only learn from their mistakes-and this is her.
    Oh, and having four kids and a dog without a man around is just plain retarded.
    Honestly, so many multi-culti claptrap talking nutters on here. Denying the clear facts. Well they can vote for suicide, if they do I am leaving the country. If these people could address the points made in the below post 11;
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post60198355

I would appreciate it. the lefties on here love talking but when you put facts to them they disappear like cockroaches from the light.
    But you support the cuts to tax credits don't you. So why this rhetoric chastising the women for voting Conservative?

ReputationRep:
    Look at the age of the ISIS recruits; look at those using social media. Look at the age of those in the courts. The evidence is there; you just don't like it. Countless stats have been compiled; you afraid of google? It won't blow itself up in rage, it isn't easily offended or violent or anything. Try using it.
    And the mere presence of these courts is bad enough; just ask Thersa May and Boris Johnson (another google job for you). You just gloss over that huge fact. Lol.

When the lefties on here adress the many links I have posted, then you can call that debating. You lot aren't debating-you get a topic, ignore it and ask for another. And another. And another.
    Have any of you, after many pages addressed my points right on page 1?
    About the no go areas.
    Prison problem.
    Etc etc I shan't repeat myself.

The fact is that you lot are not debating. I have provided far more evidence than any of you. When you get given some stats that you ask for you just ignore them (I guess explaining the truth is hard for you).

So that is why you are blocked; you have completely failed to even remotely discuss or disprove with stats (ironic since you lot are so fond of them) any of the points I originally made.
    No you haven't. You keep telling yourself you have provided evidence, but give so little. And that which you do provide is anecdotal and proves nothing. Honestly you cannot provide one link showing the existence of one Shariah court and claim here is an epidemic. Nor can you say 'look it up, it's obvious'. I have looked it up. All Shariah judges seem to be old. Most of those going to Isis are young, but a few hundred in a population of over a million is not representative, the same way I would hate for someone to associate me with you purely because we are both white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murphy12)
    No you haven't. You keep telling yourself you have provided evidence, but give so little. And that which you do provide is anecdotal and proves nothing. Honestly you cannot provide one link showing the existence of one Shariah court and claim here is an epidemic. Nor can you say 'look it up, it's obvious'. I have looked it up. All Shariah judges seem to be old. Most of those going to Isis are young, but a few hundred in a population of over a million is not representative, the same way I would hate for someone to associate me with you purely because we are both white.
    The poster quite obviously has extremely entrenched racist views, and then latches onto anecdotes to justify his own racist prejudices. I mean in real life, this poster would be frothing at the mouth when discussing immigration.

ReputationRep:
    The only people still claiming that immigration isn't sufficiently addressed in the media, or that people are somehow restrained from openly discussing it (lol) are UKIP and people to the right of UKIP.

Basically if you are an out and out racist and using the word immigration as a thin cover for that, then you should say so. Otherwise get involved in one of the many endless discussions about immigrants being an overall net burden or boost to the economy, etc.

The idea that somehow things like the latter are restricted is utter trash and not worthy of serious discussion in a thread. However, these kinds of threads aren't about the objective facts, are they - they are about demands to create an openly racist dialogue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag)
    The poster quite obviously has extremely entrenched racist views, and then latches onto anecdotes to justify his own racist prejudices. I mean in real life, this poster would be frothing at the mouth when discussing immigration.
    Yes I agree, but I'm far more concerned with pointing this out to potential readers who may be swayed by his nonsense. He is beyond saving,those on the fence are not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    The only people still claiming that immigration isn't sufficiently addressed in the media, or that people are somehow restrained from openly discussing it (lol) are UKIP and people to the right of UKIP.
    I quite agree

Which begs the question; are the people who still claim this
    -lying?
    -ignorant?

I imagine a combination of both, since so much of the racism veiled as anti-immigration rhetoric is based on lies and ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murphy12)
    Yes I agree, but I'm far more concerned with pointing this out to potential readers who may be swayed by his nonsense. He is beyond saving,those on the fence are not.
    You're quite right

ReputationRep:
    I believe we are going the way of Sweden because expressing alternative views to the norm openly, is becoming more and more taboo. People are scared stiff to speak honestly for fear of criticism. The pressure to conform from those who raise their voices in ridicule and the growing fear of the average Brit to speak openly on important issues reveals growing fear of social stigma. People are only human after all. Not all of us have the strength to speak forthrightly and honestly in such an Orwellian climate. Personally I prefer not to be gagged as I see that as a non-option. As Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living" and as Aristotle wrote, "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it".
    I feel like there is starting to be a pushback though. Even the BBC had an article yesterday on free speech and the importance of it and discussing islamophobia and how it is used to censor and shut down discussion. :eek:

Quite a lot of criticism for the banning of speakers recently aswell at universities. I think this generation does not understand or have never been taught the value of freedom of speech, freedom of press and so on. Its all taken for granted.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with your point. This is the disturbing pattern of the Hard Left and the Islamist fascists. They do not debate squarely or fairly. They selectively pick and choose to suit their political aims. They have no respect for objective truth and doing what is right. So there is no quality debate. Debate is undermined. They can't win by fair and sober debate. They can't bear to admit they might have things wrong. The truth unfolds in a proper debate and there is much to be learned on both sides. But I guess it's too frightening for some, as it may be contra to their own aims and convictions.
    They ask for evidence of things like Shariah courts; it gets given. They somehow miss it. Thy skip over it.

They ask for evidence that Muslims have a monopoly of prisons, like in France 70% of prisoners are Muslim. It is as Muslim as a mosque. Stats show this, they cannot be argued with. It also has been given. Again, they never seem to answer this question. They skip over it.

They ask for evidence of no go areas. This is also given and they again somehow manage to ignore official police reports in favour of completely unsubstantiated rubbish. That entiire regions are being lost to barbarians, and official reports say so, is again skipped over.

They ask for evidence that these immigrants are responsible for many rapes; that is provided, with German schoolchildren not being safe and the number of rapes and sexual assaults going up in Sweden by 1500%. Yes, 1500%. And they seem to completely ignored this-I wonder why?

We could go on and on; these people then cry "racist". What is racist according to them?
    All I am doing is resisting the arrival of criminals. The stats are there. They claim "anecdotal"-yeah, look at the stats for Holland, Sweden, France, all togehter. Throw in Belgium and Germany to. Whole countries-hardly anecdotal.

All I am doing is resisting the sexual predators. Resisting those who wish to set up ghettos and attack the civilised community from within. Again, stats show the clear desire of these groups to form no-go areas and from within them attack the civilised. All of these stats have been provided many times, multiple times, in just this thread.

Racist? Call it whatever you like. I am looking at the mess Sweden is in. That Germany is starting to be in. That Turkey is in. That France is in. And I am saying I don't want the UK to be like this. If it is, I am leaving. London is already lost in the same way as the above nations; do people really want the whole nation to be lost?

Using clear stats and evidence for many countries is not anecdotal. Using official statsitics and police reports is legitimate. And what evidence have they provided? Any? None. Absolutely none.

For all those people looking to see who is right here I mean this lot haven't provided a single government generated statistic, a single government report. They haven't countered a single argument with any actual evidence, while my argument is presented using cold hard facts and stats. See the prison stats, the crime stats, the no go areas, etc etc. I present facts, they ignore and hide from them. They simply ask for more stats, this time about Shariah courts.This is then provided, using a simple google search, and surprise surprise they reject it.

Simply put there is one side using credible stats to put forward a fact. There is another who are of the same mentality as the barbarians being forced upon us who have put forward any evidence at all, and yet ask for more and more. Well no thank you, if I wanted to live in a Muslim hell hole I would go to the Middle East or Africa. See how well it has turned out there. I could also go to Sweden-see how well it has worked there. Well London is going that way and I am steering clear-if the rest of the country desperately desires to emulate London (with its Middle East style rigged elections) then I am gone. I suggest others so the same. Oh wait-THEY ALREADY ARE!

See this article from 2013 (it has got much worse since then, immigration stats can easily show this);
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21511904

The other arguement I have seen on here is that "Britian needs mgirants". Well I disagree completely but nevermind, I will work on that basis.
    If Britian needs mgirants why not take in;
    Jews
    Buddhists
    Christians
    Sikhs
    Hindus
    Agnostics
    Atheists
    Innuits
    Eskimos.

Note here I have not selected based on race on skin colour. Race is irrelevant-the beliefs people choose to adopt are what matters. Look at the prison stats for these groups; very low. Look how many of these groups try and terrorise the population; very low. These communities don't produce terrorists. Now look at another group (some more stats here for those tham seem to run away from them);
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...lots-disrupted

But MI5 admit it is inevitable we will suffer the same fate eventually that Turkey has seen recently with their numerous terrorist attacks-you can't stop them all;
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30734290

We have discussed Europe to death. Perhaps the US will be different?
    http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...nst-americans/

Seems not.

There are two choices; resist or be exterminated. And I am not ready yet, as much as a kuffar as I am. And these lot HATE the kuffars, the dereogatory term for the non-believers;
    http://sheikyermami.com/2014/04/troj...-than-a-kafir/
    http://blogs.new.spectator.co.uk/201...horse-schools/

Actually I apologise. It isn't just London that is lost. Birmingham is seeing schools teach that one of the worst things you can be in this world you can be is a "kuffar".
    I'm leaving if the UK goes any more like Sweden.

ReputationRep:
    I believe we are going the way of Sweden because expressing alternative views to the norm openly, is becoming more and more taboo. People are scared stiff to speak honestly for fear of criticism. The pressure to conform from those who raise their voices in ridicule and the growing fear of the average Brit to speak openly on important issues reveals growing fear of social stigma. People are only human after all. Not all of us have the strength to speak forthrightly and honestly in such an Orwellian climate. Personally I prefer not to be gagged as I see that as a non-option. As Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living" and as Aristotle wrote, "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it".
    I actually think that people are speaking out. The fascists have lost-they will always lose. You can't force a way of life, a barbaric one, on people. The Nazis tried and lost so if this lot think they are going to win then good luck.

For me, we have two choices; 1) fight back and resist now when the numbers are relatively small, or 2) wait until the situation is like that of Sweden then act. With the latter, you have a huge problem-no one else will want them and not even the police can restore order. You literally need the military to step in for hundreds of areas across Europe already-the police have designated them no go, the ambulances won't go there, fire engines get attacked even for attending mosque fires.

With the former you can save yourself and your country a lot of heartache. We cannot undo Rotheram, but we can make sure it won't happen again.

On a moral level those who love Islam and want more of it are entitled to their opinion. Why not move to the Middle East and Africa?
    Why does Europe and Asia have to ensure Islamification? There are plenty of Muslim nations already.
    Simply put, Europe for European culture. Asia for Asian culture. South America for South American culture. The Middle East for Muslim culture. NOT what the lefties on here want which is;
    The Middle East for Muslims, Europe for Muslims, the whole world oppressed and one giant Middle East.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hektik)
    I guarantee you that come the referendum, we will vote to stay in. There's no way we're getting out. Prepare for the one-sided fear-mongering as we approach the day.

If we vote to get out, message me in 2017 and I'll send you £20, you have my word.
    Ill send you my address

ReputationRep:
    They ask for evidence of things like Shariah courts; it gets given. They somehow miss it. Thy skip over it.
    These shariah courts have no official jurisdiction. So they aren't real courts.

They ask for evidence that Muslims have a monopoly of prisons, like in France 70% of prisoners are Muslim. It is as Muslim as a mosque. Stats show this, they cannot be argued with. It also has been given. Again, they never seem to answer this question. They skip over it.
    Nobody asked for this, and it isn't denied.

Crime is associated with poverty, and immigration all too often results in a period of poverty. In cases of France, where discrimination is common, it can be hard for immigrants and their descendents to move up and out of that poverty.

They ask for evidence of no go areas. This is also given and they again somehow manage to ignore official police reports in favour of completely unsubstantiated rubbish. That entiire regions are being lost to barbarians, and official reports say so, is again skipped over.
    Yes, this has been asked of you repeatedly, and you have provided no evidence. You claim no-go areas in London, and areas which have Mogadishu vibes, and when questioned, you cannot name these alleged areas. This means you're lying.

They ask for evidence that these immigrants are responsible for many rapes; that is provided, with German schoolchildren not being safe and the number of rapes and sexual assaults going up in Sweden by 1500%. Yes, 1500%. And they seem to completely ignored this-I wonder why?
    Never asked for this. but as you mentioned this, I am general suspicious of these wild claims following the original story genre originating in Norway: http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/gil...ng-all-muslim/

Following similar type fanfare that "ever rape in Oslo was done by a Muslim" (with this being repeated over and over and over again until it became "fact"), it was refuted by Oslo's own police force.

We could go on and on; these people then cry "racist". What is racist according to them?
    All I am doing is resisting the arrival of criminals. The stats are there. They claim "anecdotal"-yeah, look at the stats for Holland, Sweden, France, all togehter. Throw in Belgium and Germany to. Whole countries-hardly anecdotal.
    There will be criminals that arrive as part of the immigration process. Immigrants may have a higher tendency to commit crimes (for both reasons of social conditions as well as cultural issues), but the majority of immigrants are not criminals, no matter how much you lie to make it appear so.

All I am doing is resisting the sexual predators. Resisting those who wish to set up ghettos and attack the civilised community from within. Again, stats show the clear desire of these groups to form no-go areas and from within them attack the civilised. All of these stats have been provided many times, multiple times, in just this thread.
    You've been asked for evidence of no-go areas in London, and indeed UK, and have consistently failed to do so.

Racist? Call it whatever you like. I am looking at the mess Sweden is in. That Germany is starting to be in. That Turkey is in. That France is in. And I am saying I don't want the UK to be like this. If it is, I am leaving. London is already lost in the same way as the above nations; do people really want the whole nation to be lost?
    You are racist, since you link crimes being perpetrated by a minority of immigrants as if this is the behaviour of the majority of immigrants.

Using clear stats and evidence for many countries is not anecdotal. Using official statsitics and police reports is legitimate. And what evidence have they provided? Any? None. Absolutely none.
    They are either made up claims, or statistics without credibility, as well as a lot of anecdotal scaremongering.

For all those people looking to see who is right here I mean this lot haven't provided a single government generated statistic, a single government report. They haven't countered a single argument with any actual evidence, while my argument is presented using cold hard facts and stats. See the prison stats, the crime stats, the no go areas, etc etc. I present facts, they ignore and hide from them. They simply ask for more stats, this time about Shariah courts.This is then provided, using a simple google search, and surprise surprise they reject it.
    Much of what you post does not stand up to scrutiny, and does not support your racist claim that immigrants are inherently criminal.

Simply put there is one side using credible stats to put forward a fact. There is another who are of the same mentality as the barbarians being forced upon us who have put forward any evidence at all, and yet ask for more and more. Well no thank you, if I wanted to live in a Muslim hell hole I would go to the Middle East or Africa. See how well it has turned out there. I could also go to Sweden-see how well it has worked there. Well London is going that way and I am steering clear-if the rest of the country desperately desires to emulate London (with its Middle East style rigged elections) then I am gone. I suggest others so the same. Oh wait-THEY ALREADY ARE!
    You've made it clear through your answers that your reason for avoiding London in future would be the fact it may have a Pakistani mayor.

See this article from 2013 (it has got much worse since then, immigration stats can easily show this);
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21511904
    You've posted a link saying London has got less white. What's wrong with that? Surely it's only a problem for people who (like you) are racist.

The other arguement I have seen on here is that "Britian needs mgirants". Well I disagree completely but nevermind, I will work on that basis.
    If Britian needs mgirants why not take in;
    Jews
    Buddhists
    Christians
    Sikhs
    Hindus
    Agnostics
    Atheists
    Innuits
    Eskimos.
    People like yourself, and the parties you are affiliated with, don't want any immigrants. The fact you think London is deteriorating because there are less white people in it proves that. Trying to deflect this fact doesn't help.

Note here I have not selected based on race on skin colour. Race is irrelevant-the beliefs people choose to adopt are what matters. Look at the prison stats for these groups; very low. Look how many of these groups try and terrorise the population; very low. These communities don't produce terrorists. Now look at another group (some more stats here for those tham seem to run away from them);
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...lots-disrupted
    Yes, Islamic terrorism is a problem. Most Muslims are not terrorists, even if their religion does nurture terrorism.

White-nationalist terrorism is also a problem. Most white people are not terrorists.

But MI5 admit it is inevitable we will suffer the same fate eventually that Turkey has seen recently with their numerous terrorist attacks-you can't stop them all;
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30734290
    Ah, so you can't read either. Excellent. Mi5 have always maintained that they cannot stop all terrorist attacks, be their Islamic, White-nationalist, Irish-nationalist. This isn't a new claim.

There are two choices; resist or be exterminated. And I am not ready yet, as much as a kuffar as I am. And these lot HATE the kuffars, the dereogatory term for the non-believers;
    http://sheikyermami.com/2014/04/troj...-than-a-kafir/
    http://blogs.new.spectator.co.uk/201...horse-schools/
    Not all British Muslims hate. Their religion may be hateful, but it doesn't mean they all hate. Christianity and Judaism is just as hateful in its scripture, but most Christians and Jews don't hate.

Actually I apologise. It isn't just London that is lost. Birmingham is seeing schools teach that one of the worst things you can be in this world you can be is a "kuffar".
    I'm leaving if the UK goes any more like Sweden.
    And where will you go to?

ReputationRep:
    I actually think that people are speaking out. The fascists have lost-they will always lose. You can't force a way of life, a barbaric one, on people. The Nazis tried and lost so if this lot think they are going to win then good luck.
    You must be very sad the Nazis lost. They would never have allowed all this immigration that upsets you so much.

For me, we have two choices; 1) fight back and resist now when the numbers are relatively small, or 2) wait until the situation is like that of Sweden then act. With the latter, you have a huge problem-no one else will want them and not even the police can restore order. You literally need the military to step in for hundreds of areas across Europe already-the police have designated them no go, the ambulances won't go there, fire engines get attacked even for attending mosque fires.
    Yes Mr Brownshirt.

On a moral level those who love Islam and want more of it are entitled to their opinion. Why not move to the Middle East and Africa?
    Why does Europe and Asia have to ensure Islamification? There are plenty of Muslim nations already.
    Simply put, Europe for European culture. Asia for Asian culture. South America for South American culture. The Middle East for Muslim culture. NOT what the lefties on here want which is;
    The Middle East for Muslims, Europe for Muslims, the whole world oppressed and one giant Middle East.
    Ah, so you admit you don't want any non-European immigrants. Finally!

ReputationRep:
    The video is the usual dynamic. There is the person who is calm and presents a helpful, dispassionate assessment of what is happening and the best thing to do to tackle it. Then we have the people that ignore pertinent facts presented and proceed to hammer home a loud emotional clueless plan of jus let them all in! Playing on a false sense of guilt and a false sense of the facts of the numbers. Funny how those who would open all the borders ALWAYS totally ignore the fact that only a small percentage are Syrian refugees and a large percentage are economic migrants. Even the host presenter moves on quickly when someone says that only 20% are Syrian refugees. I can only logically surmise that those who want to just fling open the borders when there are better solutions, must hate Europe and want it to die. I don't know why they would hate their own society so much to wilfully wish to destroy it. It is pure ignorance.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Gotta agree with you on all accounts. It's funny how the foreign guests on these types of tv programs are themselves residing in England. Since they seem to know all the answers to the current problems then why aren't they in their country of origin and crystallizing their solutions into reality?

I have observed many posts on this forum where people just don't seem to understand the EU is a failed project and that England is being taken for a ride. Shouldn't the aim of any government be to protect its citizens and its interests and not jeopardize it by allowing the country to be taken advantage by unelected and irremovable EU bureaucrats?

Why do many of these people on this forum defend EU without knowing the facts? Is it because they themselves are children of immigrants? or because this is what was thought in school so they blindly accept it without assessing of the information is true and accurate?

I just find it strange that England would allow open borders without proper checks and controls to prevent people with criminal records from entering the country. Wouldn't this compromise the safety of the citizens in England and also add on unnecessary to the already stretched police force? controlled and sensible immigration should be the way to go?

I think its silly of England to continue welcoming foreigners into their country who don't speak English, who do not have respect for the common law, who do not embrace British values, who want to abuse the various benefits system which was meant for English citizens in the first place and I could go on all day.

If you look across all the universities in England, many of the professors and teaching staff are foreigners from EU. They are the ones who are shouting from the rooftops against UK pulling out of the EU. You know why? Because if UK does pull out of the EU, this means that they may lose their jobs after their teaching contract comes to an end. You know why? Because if UK does pull out of EU, in future anyone who wants to apply for work in the UK must go through a proper work permit system. This also means that people from EU will then have to compete with people from the rest of the world including the Commonwealth when it comes to applying for jobs in the UK.

The current EU rules discriminates anyone from the Commonwealth countries and favors people from EU including those from Bulgaria and Romania and the like.

The Commonwealth is made up of 53 countries and 2.2 billion people. They were former colonies of England and fought many wars on England's behalf. These countries speak English as their first language, respect and use the Common law, believe in and exercise democracy and so on. But the present situation is that people from the Commonwealth can't get jobs in the UK. These jobs go to people from the EU. Oh the irony.

UK must pull out of EU before it is too late. You can't rely on your ministers because most of them have never had a proper day's work in their lives, are wondering how to claim more expenses fraudulently, do not understand what it's like to be a normal average citizen struggling in these harsh economic times and so on.

If you had a present government which was headed by someone like Margaret Thatcher then
    1. UK would never have gone to war with Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan
    2. There would not have been extreme radicalism in UK
    3. The number and wages of police officers and teachers would not have suffered massive cuts
    4. The legal aid would not have been cut
    5. The NHS would not be overcrowded, schools won't have shortage of places
    6. There wouldn't be a need to build a council house every 7 mins to house a person from EU

Look at the u-turn Angela Merkel made recently. First she welcomed the refugees with open arms but then later she realized that many of them were economic migrants and quite possibly terrorists and so now she wants to put in place border controls. But according to EU rules, once you set foot on EU soil and you are a refugee or asylum seeker, your application will be fast-tracked and you will receive your travel papers and you are free to move in and about the other countries that form EU. and where do you think these people will want to go to?

The UK of course because these people know that
    1. the English currency is strong compared to the failed Euro
    2. the English government is weak and will give out various benefits to them
    3. the English government will give these people big houses
    4. and the fact that England keeps harping on Human Rights means that these refugees/economic migrants can bring their entire village over to the UK with ease
    Then why does UK need the border agency or immigration staff at her airports? On one hand you are preventing highly educated people from the Commonwealth who genuinely want to work in the UK but on the other hand you happily welcome these refugees/economic migrants who will be relying on government handout for the rest of their lives. Oh the irony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag;[url="tel:60205283")
    60205283[/url]]Actually, economically and demographically, this country needs immigrants

The ageing population, with less and less working age people to the ratio of retired/non-working people, is a timebomb, both for the economy as well as the financing and delivery of public services.

Without immigration, the economy will stagnate and contract, both due to the declining workforce contributing to productivity but also the drag the older generation will have on public expenditure (necessitating rising higher taxes).

Older people continue to hold a gun to the head of this country, demanding that public expenditure that benefits themselves - NHS, social care, pension (which are all non-growth) - be ringfenced and increased. See how healthcare expenditure was not just protected but is planned to increase (the vast majority of healthcare is used by older people). See how policies were made to cap individual contributions to social care, such as protecting valuable property of older people (the vast vast vast majority of social care spend is on older people. See how DWP slashed all working age benefits, but pensions (by far the biggest DWP, indeed government spend) was ringfenced, with a triple lock put on pension. See how public spending on growth areas are getting squeezed (infrastructure, young people, skills/training), because older people don't cae about it. Older people are bankrupting this country, and are able to to do because both because of their rising proportional population, but also because of the established pattern of high voter turnout.

To further the damage, older people then support policies (and political parties) which cause even further damage, such as stopping immigration and blocking housebuilding through restrictive planning.

Whilst the biggest threat to our security is climate change (no it's not Islamic fundamentalists, though these are a threat), the actions of older people are a huge threat to the sustainability of our country. Once they've ruined the economy with their selfishness, immigrants won't be interested to come here anyway.
    Oh please tell me your plans to tackle climate change. More wind farms? More green taxes?

I haven't heard a single feasible solution to tackle climate change and meet British energy demands put forward by an environmentalist.

I work within the energy industry and I'll tell you a little fact. Thanks to Labour governments pandering to environmentals within the next few decades or so all the nuclear power station will reach their end life (and it will take another half a century to build new ones) and fossil fuel power stations will be shut down prematurely to meet EU fossil fuel regulations. The only energy sector that has actually been developed is the renewables sector which for per kW produced is far far more environmentally damaging. But it makes nutters like green peace happy so **** sensible energy politicies hello blackouts.

Failure to meet electrical demand will kill far more people and much quicker than climate change which is a million miles away from the biggest threat facing the UK today.

Limited migration of highly skilled workers in industries with extreme skills shortages does stimulate the economy. That is not what is happening though. Businesses are flooding the country with immigrants in every industry to drive up supply so that British workers cannot negiotiate fair never mind good wages.

Instead businesses should be supporting young British people gain the skills to combat the few skills shortages that actually is (truth is a lot of companies are crying wolf so they can flood the labour market with cheap workers). Skills shortages should mean wages rise its economic fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag;[url="tel:60210439")
    60210439[/url]]These shariah courts have no official jurisdiction. So they aren't real courts.

Nobody asked for this, and it isn't denied.

Crime is associated with poverty, and immigration all too often results in a period of poverty. In cases of France, where discrimination is common, it can be hard for immigrants and their descendents to move up and out of that poverty.

Yes, this has been asked of you repeatedly, and you have provided no evidence. You claim no-go areas in London, and areas which have Mogadishu vibes, and when questioned, you cannot name these alleged areas. This means you're lying.

Never asked for this. but as you mentioned this, I am general suspicious of these wild claims following the original story genre originating in Norway: http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/gil...ng-all-muslim/

Following similar type fanfare that "ever rape in Oslo was done by a Muslim" (with this being repeated over and over and over again until it became "fact", it was refuted by Oslo's own police force.

There will be criminals that arrive as part of the immigration process. Immigrants may have a higher tendency to commit crimes (for both reasons of social conditions as well as cultural issues), but the majority of immigrants are not criminals, no matter how much you lie to make it appear so.

You've been asked for evidence of no-go areas in London, and indeed UK, and have consistently failed to do so.

You are racist, since you link crimes being perpetrated by a minority of immigrants as if this is the behaviour of the majority of immigrants.

They are either made up claims, or statistics without credibility, as well as a lot of anecdotal scaremongering.

Much of what you post does not stand up to scrutiny, and does not support your racist claim that immigrants are inherently criminal.

You've made it clear through your answers that your reason for avoiding London in future would be the fact it may have a Pakistani mayor.

You've posted a link saying London has got less white. What's wrong with that? Surely it's only a problem for people who (like you) are racist.

People like yourself, and the parties you are affiliated with, don't want any immigrants. The fact you think London is deteriorating because there are less white people in it proves that. Trying to deflect this fact doesn't help.

Yes, Islamic terrorism is a problem. Most Muslims are not terrorists, even if their religion does nurture terrorism.

White-nationalist terrorism is also a problem. Most white people are not terrorists.

Ah, so you can't read either. Excellent. Mi5 have always maintained that they cannot stop all terrorist attacks, be their Islamic, White-nationalist, Irish-nationalist. This isn't a new claim.

Not all British Muslims hate. Their religion may be hateful, but it doesn't mean they all hate. Christianity and Judaism is just as hateful in its scripture, but most Christians and Jews don't hate.

And where will you go to?
    Err how many white nationalist terror attacks have there been? Last one i heard about was that long wolf bomber back in the 80s. Within the last decade there have been multiple Islamic terror plots foiled and several successful ones. To pretend they present an equal threat is abit silly, the security services certainly disagree with you otherwise why would the majority of their resources be directed towards Islamic terrorism? Why is there a big demand for Security service officers to know Arabic and other Middle Eastern languages etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeds98)
    Oh please tell me your plans to tackle climate change. More wind farms? More green taxes?

I haven't heard a single feasible solution to tackle climate change and meet British energy demands put forward by an environmentalist.
    Nuclear, with high levels of investment in RD&D for low carbon energy (focusing on energy storage, transmission, wind and solar for the immediate future, and fusion and tidal for the more distant future) so that reliable and economical low carbon solutions can be deployed. Also utilisation of "smart" technology at all levels, from consumer meters, to appliances, to grids, and urban systems. There will probably have to be a separate solution for transport.

I work within the energy industry and I'll tell you a little fact.
    Judging by what you write in your post, I assume you work as an administrator or maybe a security guard.

Thanks to Labour governments pandering to environmentals within the next few decades or so all the nuclear power station will reach their end life (and it will take another half a century to build new ones)
    Firstly, Labour were not anti-nuclear (and I am not a supporter of Labour), in fact they were very supportive of the nuclear industry, and got it back on the agenda following the Conservative government's failures to manage the country's energy policy that resulted in 3 planned nuclear power stations being scrapped.

It was Labour that recognised the uneconomical nature of nuclear energy, and so started the process introducing carbon price floors to make investment in nuclear energy commercially viable.

Any "frustrations" with the advancement of nuclear energy during the Labour administration were the result of judicial processes which the government has not control over (separation of powers and all that)

Anyway, it's hilarious that you think it takes 50 years to build a nuclear power station, but then again, what does a security guard who works in the energy industry know.

and fossil fuel power stations will be shut down prematurely to meet EU fossil fuel regulations.
    Whilst the reduction in carbon emissions targets are part of the EU's push for sustainable energy, Brussels is not going to forcibly jeopardise a country's energy security

The only energy sector that has actually been developed is the renewables sector which for per kW produced is far far more environmentally damaging.
    Care to explain. I would agree that bioenergy is worse, however solar, wind, geothermal and hydro are far far less environmentally damaging that fossil fuels.

But it makes nutters like green peace happy so **** sensible energy politicies hello blackouts.

Failure to meet electrical demand will kill far more people and much quicker than climate change which is a million miles away from the biggest threat facing the UK today.
    Well duh, of course climate change isn't a big threat today. It's a threat in the future, and an absolutely huge one. You should really ask for a promotion at your job.

Limited migration of highly skilled workers in industries with extreme skills shortages does stimulate the economy. That is not what is happening though. Businesses are flooding the country with immigrants in every industry to drive up supply so that British workers cannot negiotiate fair never mind good wages.
    Then organise into trade unions.

Instead businesses should be supporting young British people gain the skills to combat the few skills shortages that actually is (truth is a lot of companies are crying wolf so they can flood the labour market with cheap workers). Skills shortages should mean wages rise its economic fact.
    Hence why engineers and IT professionals command very generous salaries. Because there's a skills shortage.

ReputationRep:
    Err how many white nationalist terror attacks have there been?
    Er, this week, in Sweden. You know that school, where the children got shot.

Last one i heard about was that long wolf bomber back in the 80s. Within the last decade there have been multiple Islamic terror plots foiled and several successful ones.
    Ditto to white nationalist terror attacks. Some foiled, some successful,

To pretend they present an equal threat is abit silly, the security services certainly disagree with you otherwise why would the majority of their resources be directed towards Islamic terrorism?
    Oh, so as part of your job as a security guard (or maybe a cleaner) within the energy industry, you also moonlight and have access to the spending accounts of our intelligence agencies. What a clever boy you are.

Care to share the breakdown of resource use in counter-terrorism against various grouped threats (Islamic, white-nationalist, Irish-republican, animal rights, hard left). We'd all be really interested to know.

Why is there a big demand for Security service officers to know Arabic and other Middle Eastern languages etc.
    Because British white nationalist terrorists usually communicate in English, meaning no specialist language is required as part of counter-terrorist operations against them. Same goes for animal rights (and environmentalist) terrorists. Counter-terrorism operations against continental European white nationalist terrorists within the UK is done with the cooperation of European intelligence services who have the language expertise. Irish republican terrorists usually communicate in English, though sometimes done in Gaelic, hence why intelligence services still recruit Gaelic language specialists.

Which leaves Islamic terrorists, which communicate in a large variety of languages (Urdu, Punjabi, Somali and Pashtun actually being more important than Arabic). Hence why language specialists in these languages are required in out intelligence services.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.