Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do TSR people ever meet up for nights out IRL? watch

ReputationRep:
    They do but I'd not meet anyone from here. I'm a rolling stone and I roll alone. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hahah reading these comments is actually hilar.

If there was a mass meeting, I would probably linger around until I see it being a success. After all, very few on here acc know what I look like, so no one would spot me and be like "hey that's angelcake123" hehehe.

The benefits of being invisible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelcake123)

If there was a mass meeting, I would probably linger around until I see it being a success. After all, very few on here acc know what I look like, so no one would spot me and be like "hey that's angelcake123" hehehe.

I'd just be like "damn, that girl over there looking so sweet. That must be angelcake123. I say we all go over and initiate bants"

:cool:

ReputationRep:

That sounds sort of creepy. It would be a success right from the get go. I'd ensure everybody feels welcome and that it would not awkward. It would most likely be aimed at people who drink, hence the night out bit. But I know a few people who are Muslims who don't drink but love to come out and dance, so hopefully there are other people that share that mentality!

I also wanted to remain invisible but then I was like F**k it I don't care anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    I'd just be like "damn, that girl over there looking so sweet. That must be angelcake123. I say we all go over and initiate bants"

:cool:
    Loving the logic of that hahaha but omg imagine if that acc happened a mob of overly excited people to finally meet angelcake123. Haha if only I was that cool

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    That sounds sort of creepy. It would be a success right from the get go. I'd ensure everybody feels welcome and that it would not awkward. It would most likely be aimed at people who drink, hence the night out bit. But I know a few people who are Muslims who don't drink but love to come out and dance, so hopefully there are other people that share that mentality!

I also wanted to remain invisible but then I was like F**k it I don't care anymore.
    Haha maybe. I don't know about it being a success from the get go. I guess it might be as very awkward people wouldn't turn up. It's just I'm quite socially competent with people I know but strangers omg no no thanks. Yeah i guess it depends on what happens during the day... i think a dinner would be awkward but meh what do I know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Loving the logic of that hahaha but omg imagine if that acc happened a mob of overly excited people to finally meet angelcake123. Haha if only I was that cool
    God I love Angel cakes. and I mean... I love Angelcake too, but, erm, angel cakes. Damn they are good.

Personally though if I was you in that scenario I would freak out. And walk the other way. I hate mobs of overly excited people. It overwhelms me and I just want to close my eyes and fall asleep instead of pacifying them all.

ReputationRep:
    Haha maybe. I don't know about it being a success from the get go. I guess it might be as very awkward people wouldn't turn up. It's just I'm quite socially competent with people I know but strangers omg no no thanks. Yeah i guess it depends on what happens during the day... i think a dinner would be awkward but meh what do I know

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Coffee may be less awks imo you can just walk out if get bored/convo isnt flowing

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can see a dinner being more awkward. If people didn't turn up, I'd just have to make a few phone calls and then my friends would be out. Or I'd organize it in such a way that my friends are already out so can join them, i.e a friday night. This sort of defeats the purpose, so I wouldn't want to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    God I love Angel cakes. and I mean... I love Angelcake too, but, erm, angel cakes. Damn they are good.

Personally though if I was you in that scenario I would freak out. And walk the other way. I hate mobs of overly excited people. It overwhelms me and I just want to close my eyes and fall asleep instead of pacifying them all.
    Omg isn't itt?! I was thinking of angel cakes when I made this account LOL but also I crave many kinds of a cake on a daily basis help omg

Yeah definitely that would be awkward. Like ten billion eyes just staring at you in excitement, ah no thanks. Haha close your eyes and fall asleep:') in a way that is a smart escape because pssh who's got the energy to run in that scenario

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Coffee may be less awks imo you can just walk out if get bored/convo isnt flowing
    Ah that's if you like coffee I guess. But that's true, no one can walk away from a dinner because omg who walks away from food??

I can see a dinner being more awkward. If people didn't turn up, I'd just have to make a few phone calls and then my friends would be out. Or I'd organize it in such a way that my friends are already out so can join them, i.e a friday night. This sort of defeats the purpose, so I wouldn't want to do that.
    Yeah it would defeat the purpose but I guess would be a decent back up plan. All seems like so much effort though omg. A dinner would be awkward not just if people didn't turn up, but also because not many people are comfortable eating in front of strangers o.O. A meet up in in park (on a non rainy day) seems most doable imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's if you like coffee I guess. But that's true, no one can walk away from a dinner because omg who walks away from food??
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    True but they also have hot chocolate/tea/chilled drinks if you aint a coffee person and they also have cakes :coma:
    And it is a friendly environment to just get a quick chat with people.
    True no one would walk away from food. Even if they are on a diet

ReputationRep:
    A few of us in the long-forgotten ManChat thread went for a night out in 2009.

ReputationRep:
    Omg isn't itt?! I was thinking of angel cakes when I made this account LOL but also I crave many kinds of a cake on a daily basis help omg

Yeah definitely that would be awkward. Like ten billion eyes just staring at you in excitement, ah no thanks. Haha close your eyes and fall asleep:' in a way that is a smart escape because pssh who's got the energy to run in that scenario

Yeah it would defeat the purpose but I guess would be a decent back up plan. All seems like so much effort though omg. A dinner would be awkward not just if people didn't turn up, but also because not many people are comfortable eating in front of strangers o.O. A meet up in in park (on a non rainy day) seems most doable imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel like there might be a large age gap between us.

ReputationRep:
    All the bull**** aside, I'd be up for a night out!

ReputationRep:
    F the whole last thread thing i'm addicted

So yeah do people actually do this?
    Hi i might be happy to meet up, but thats because im in first year of uni and havent made any friends i can sit next to in lectures or lunch. I dont know why really, everyone else seems to be already making friends its only the fiftg week but feels like its too late already.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like there might be a large age gap between us.
    Yeah I'm 11 b

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm 11 b

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh...I'm 14...so maybe I was wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Oh...I'm 14...so maybe I was wrong.
    Yes, considering I am 11 and 3 quarters

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Some do. There use to be big meet ups occassionally. The Football guys occassionally meet up for a big kick-about I believe.
    Nah, we don't.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.