Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think it's interesting that many point at last season as showing Arsenal had improved, but I'm unsure that was the case.

Sure, Sanchez was a terrific bit of business and their squad looked better, but they achieved less points in the PL and won exactly the same honour as the season previously.

They should finish second this year, though. They won't win it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Win tomorrow and it's over, the title will be theirs
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Imagine thinking Leicester will get top 4. What big club have they faced this season (bar arsenal who tore them apart)?

Swansea United Liverpool Chelsea Everton City in their next 8 games. If they get more than 10 points from those fixtures I'll be amazed
    So, 10 points from the first four of those games, plus 6 points from the other two fixtures in those 8 games... Solid prediction skills.

ReputationRep:
    I'm shaving my hair if they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I think it's interesting that many point at last season as showing Arsenal had improved, but I'm unsure that was the case.

Sure, Sanchez was a terrific bit of business and their squad looked better, but they achieved less points in the PL and won exactly the same honour as the season previously.

They should finish second this year, though. They won't win it.
    I agree.

I think a full strength City is a bit ahead of Arsenal and they have stuttered so far because Kompany and Aguero have missed large parts of the season. I think Arsenal might need a 6 to 7 point start on City if City are to get those two back.

I accept Arsenal have injury problems of their own at the moment but I don't think Arsenal have players to come back in that will make as much difference as Kompany / Aguero will.

I still think Arsenal are 2nd best team in the league and this is where they will finish.

Of course if Arsenal finish 2nd there will be massive unrest amongst the Arsenal terraces saying the board has no ambition because when Klopp/Ancelotti/Mourinho/Guardiola were all available they kept Wenger and they allowed them all to find clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    So, 10 points from the first four of those games, plus 6 points from the other two fixtures in those 8 games... Solid prediction skills.

Completely take it all back. I fully expected them to slow down and they haven't, 100%credit to them, I'm happy to be wrong

Although I don't think many were predicting they'd do much better than what i said

ReputationRep:
    If Arsenal beat Man City, then I think they'll start having the belief that they can win the league.

Tbh I think it's important players like Sanchez and Ozil signed. Not just because they are top quality players but also because they are winners from previous clubs. Means they are less phased than other players who have never won anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    I don't like doing this but on the other hand I also don't like seeing people's predictions being rediculed.*

Leicester City have likely confounded far better people than this poster this season.

This is the most topsy turvey ,mad,stupid Premiership ever.

* I hereby take this opportunity to apologise for apparently ridiculing a mods prediction on here a few weeks ago.

( To be fair,he did say Chelsea would win their next 5 games.There are limits.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    nope theyll mess up and finsih third united will finish second city first quote me
    banter

ReputationRep:
    Arsixnil would have won jack by the end of the season

ReputationRep:
    Win tonight and the Arsenal Meltdown thread will hopefully be locked until around March time. That defeat to West Ham on the opening weekend seems a long time ago now.

ReputationRep:
    I had a chat with an Arsenal fan this afternoon, and said I thought it was between Arsenal and Manchester City this season. I also hope for Leicester to finish in the top four.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Hope you all lumped your bets on after I made this thread. The title belongs to Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Only a true football fan would know Arsenal finish 4th every year and that is where they will finish this next year and the year after and the year after

ReputationRep:
    what bout 4th place?

ReputationRep:
    People actually acting like Arsenal won't bottle it after new year or that Man City won't improve..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I had a chat with an Arsenal fan this afternoon, and said I thought it was between Arsenal and Manchester City this season. I also hope for Leicester to finish in the top four.
    I had a chat with my au pair the other day in which she said much the same thing.

As did the man who delivered my groceries last week,Mr Khan in the newsagents,the last but one minicar driver I used,my neighbour and,I kid you not,an 8 year old boy I babysat for a thankfully short period a few days ago.
    Only my friends haven't said this.

Incredible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Hope you all lumped your bets on after I made this thread. The title belongs to Arsenal.
    Nah mate that trophy is going bout 100 miles away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    I had a chat with my au pair the other day in which she said much the same thing.

As did the man who delivered my groceries last week,Mr Khan in the newsagents,the last but one minicar driver I used,my neighbour and,I kid you not,an 8 year old boy I babysat for a thankfully short period a few days ago.
    Only my friends haven't said this.

Incredible.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Will be getting extremely drunk if we win the title at the Etihad second last game of the season.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.