Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

General Fallout 4 thread! watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I was actually surprised that you inject stims given that for Australia that had to be cut from 3 and most drugs Renamed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was pleased to see it. It's an 18 game, no need to cut things like that. I wish they'd name drugs back though. Rather be taking morphine than med x.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    I was pleased to see it. It's an 18 game, no need to cut things like that. I wish they'd name drugs back though. Rather be taking morphine than med x.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tell that to the Stick of Truth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got it, only play at weekends because yano schools more important hahaa. But really it is an exhilarating game. I feel though that the game is too dumbed down at times with bottlecaps serving no purpose whatsoever any more and base building only serving to take up precious map space.

ReputationRep:
    I wish there were more places to trade. Love this game so far and the soundtrack is again, bang on. The Diamond City missions are glorious.

Agree that settlements are a big pile of whingers though?

ReputationRep:
    What is with all the creepy mannequins everywhere? People sleep with them near their beds in this game. It might be just a Fallout thing. I've not played this series before.

Also, is there any kind of in game benefit to looking after settlements?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    What is with all the creepy mannequins everywhere? People sleep with them near their beds in this game. It might be just a Fallout thing. I've not played this series before.

It's a running thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)

I assume they are a reference to Mad Max and I am Legend. But with the added power required for they can now have more than before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bought it for £30.
    Deal or No Deal?

ReputationRep:
    How does everyone go about getting enough ammo? :holmes: Earlier in the game I had no trouble finding enough as I went along, but now I'm about 20 hours in and generally seeing higher level enemies, I'm using more ammo than I can find. Buying it in shops isn't really viable at 5 caps per bullet, unless there's some clever way of making loads of money that's eluded me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    How does everyone go about getting enough ammo? :holmes: Earlier in the game I had no trouble finding enough as I went along, but now I'm about 20 hours in and generally seeing higher level enemies, I'm using more ammo than I can find. Buying it in shops isn't really viable at 5 caps per bullet, unless there's some clever way of making loads of money that's eluded me.
    If you don't wanna use the ammo glitch, invest in the luck trait that helps you find more ammo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    If you don't wanna use the ammo glitch, invest in the luck trait that helps you find more ammo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, no cheating

ReputationRep:
    Within the first week I had 2 days playing time, currently on 89 hours. Best FO game so far in my opinion. Too many neckbeards complaining about lack of options/dialogue/anything that changed from F03. The game is made for everyone, not just certain peoples preferences.

ReputationRep:
    Selling drugs is an easy way to make money especially crafted drugs such as buffjet and bufftats. Also stealing from shopkeepers and selling their stuff back to them. KLEO in Goodneighbor has a Fat Man which re spawns from time to time. You can also sell the legendary weapons and armor which you don't use or want as they can't be broken down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Selling drugs is an easy way to make money especially crafted drugs such as buffjet and bufftats. Also stealing from shopkeepers and selling their stuff back to them. KLEO in Goodneighbor has a Fat Man which re spawns from time to time. You can also sell the legendary weapons and armor which you don't use or want as they can't be broken down.
    Sounds legit How much are we talking, into the thousands of caps?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds legit How much are we talking, into the thousands of caps?
    If you have decent charisma and a couple of levels of Caps Collector you can make a few thousand with very little effort. It is worth investing in shops so that they have more ammo. Worth noting is that fusion cores never lose their value not matter how much charge they have so it is worth popping them out at about 5/100 and selling them back.

ReputationRep:
    Is it even worth getting Fallout 4? Or should I get The Witcher 3?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    I would personally say Witcher 3 for now and fallout in a few months when cheaper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's entirely down to personal opinion. If you liked the previous Witcher games more than the Fallout games then I'd for The Witcher. Having played both, I've got more play time out of Fallout 4 since it came out (and I've still got a lot I haven't done) than I have on The Witcher 3. The Witcher 3 was amazing, it has a better story than Fallout imo, but less to do overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I would personally say Witcher 3 for now and fallout in a few months when cheaper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by SemperLiber)
    That's entirely down to personal opinion. If you liked the previous Witcher games more than the Fallout games then I'd for The Witcher. Having played both, I've got more play time out of Fallout 4 since it came out (and I've still got a lot I haven't done) than I have on The Witcher 3. The Witcher 3 was amazing, it has a better story than Fallout imo, but less to do overall.
    Have any of you played Batman Arkham Knight? If so what are your opinions on it because I have heard people say that it was a huge disappointment in ending the Arkham series.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Have any of you played Batman Arkham Knight? If so what are your opinions on it because I have heard people say that it was a huge disappointment in ending the Arkham series.
    God no, I like to play games that aren't broken.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 21, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.