Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    I'm still waiting for you to admit you were wrong about that woman not being a fan of Corbyn, despite saying generally very positive things about him and confirming
    she would not vote tories again.
    As far as I remember, she said Corbyn was making politics more democratic, refreshing etc, but said he had mad views like Trident. I would say that's shaky evidence of being 'generally very positive'; but let's take your interpretation - I don't think being generally very positive of someone makes you a fan of them. Sorry.

I'm also pretty sure I replied to you before, but to stop you asking I thought I'd just repeat myself. I haven't the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    Although I suspect the Lib Dems see it as 'we feel entitled to as FPTP punishes us in the Commons, and we would rather the Lords be elected and more powerful, so we're inviting precisely what we desire'
    Yes that's exactly their argument. I suppose now they haven't the Commons clout to campaign for an elected Lords, they have to do it in this way. Right result, dubious means.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibzombie96)
    As far as I remember, she said Corbyn was making politics more democratic, refreshing etc, but said he had mad views like Trident. I would say that's shaky evidence of being 'generally very positive'; but let's take your interpretation - I don't think being generally very positive of someone makes you a fan of them. Sorry.

I'm also pretty sure I replied to you before, but to stop you asking I thought I'd just repeat myself. I haven't the time.
    You're changing the facts to suit your narrative. Your response initially was 'she's no fan of Corbyn'. Given what she said, she seems more of a fan than Corbyn than Cameron right now. Yes she was opposed to his views on trident but she generally was positive about him.

However you try and manipulate that, it certainly sounds like she is a fan of Corbyn and more likely to vote Labour than tories next election.
    She confirmed she would not vote tories next election because of tax credits and given UKIP support cuts to tak credits and she was positive about Labour - the inference is that she will vote Labour next time.

Now why would you deny that? Because a tory voter has switched to labour - the very type of person you claimed didn't exist under Corbyn. It goes against everything you've been saying and scaremongering about.

You are changing the facts to suit your narrative and funny how you ignored it. I also noticed you ignored my message after challenging me to a debate.
    You can now get off that high horse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    You're changing the facts to suit your narrative. Your response initially was 'she's no fan of Corbyn'. Given what she said, she seems more of a fan than Corbyn than Cameron right now. Yes she was opposed to his views on trident but she generally was positive about him.

However you try and manipulate that, it certainly sounds like she is a fan of Corbyn and more likely to vote Labour than tories next election.
    She confirmed she would not vote tories next election because of tax credits and given UKIP support cuts to tak credits and she was positive about Labour - the inference is that she will vote Labour next time.

Now why would you deny that? Because a tory voter has switched to labour - the very type of person you claimed didn't exist under Corbyn. It goes against everything you've been saying and scaremongering about.

You are changing the facts to suit your narrative and funny how you ignored it. I also noticed you ignored my message after challenging me to a debate.
    You can now get off that high horse.
    I'm very sorry Bornblue that you seem to assume everyone else has the same amount of time to spend on here as you do.

She is no fan of Corbyn. She may prefer him, but while I prefer Oreos to Jaffa cakes, I am not a fan of the former. Just as I think it's mad that Oreos are as small as they are, the woman on Question Time thinks Corbyn holds made views like the one on Trident. So not a fan, as you asserted. Just as happened at the last election, people don't like the Tories but are fairly convinced they would **** up less than Labour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibzombie96)
    I'm very sorry Bornblue that you seem to assume everyone else has the same amount of time to spend on here as you do.

She is no fan of Corbyn. She may prefer him, but while I prefer Oreos to Jaffa cakes, I am not a fan of the former. Just as I think it's mad that Oreos are as small as they are, the woman on Question Time thinks Corbyn holds made views like the one on Trident. So not a fan, as you asserted. Just as happened at the last election, people don't like the Tories but are fairly convinced they would **** up less than Labour.
    She CONFIRMED she would not vote Tories. She said Corbyn was opening up the democratic process and listening to the voters. That certainly sounds like a fan to me. Yes she has reservations about certain areas of his policy but so do I, doesn't mean i'm not a fan.

It's clear what happened here, you made the assertion that she was no fan of Corbyn before you read the interview. You then read the interview, realised you were incorrect but you are so stubborn and so arrogant that you won't admit it. It's laughable that even though she said far more positive than negative things about Corbyn and confirmed that she wouldn't vote tories, that you are claiming she isn't a fan. She wasn't saying she merely preferred Corbyn, she said very positive things about 'listening to the people' and 'opening up the democratic process'. I don't see any way in which those can be anything other than comments of admiration.

But also why on earth are you obsessing over the word 'fan' ?
    She doesn't need to march the streets chanting 'Jez we can' - all she needs to do is vote Labour and given what she's said about tax credits, the tories and corbyn it's very likely that she will now vote Labour.

Of course you're denying this, more so because you won't ever admit you're wrong or even could be wrong (another very unattractive trait to females).

You've banged on for months about how Corbyn would destroy the Labour party and this has not happened. Despite the media onslaught. Did you see PMQs th other day? When even the Torygraph and Times were noting how Corbyn hammered Cameron? You said he needed more follow up questions, well he asked 5 follow up questions last Wedensday to great effect. He asked Cameron six times whether tax credit cuts would make people worse off - he dodged each one.

Now where was your credit to Corbyn? Nowhere to be seen of course. Because when he does well or when something positive happens you ignore it.

Politics is changing, whether you think it or not and whether you like it or not. Keep pretending it's not, keep being complacent. The tories complacency, if anything will be their downfall - far more than anything Corbyn does.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.