Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

PL Live: Chelsea v Liverpool 31/10 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Go for the win and put Benteke on.

ReputationRep:
    Referees are afraid to blow the whistle confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    football forum forum
    Absolutely destroyed.

ReputationRep:
    Howard Webb still against us even from the grave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JTran38)
    Would it not be a mistake to sack him?
    I'm not sure tbh but he's not having a good run at all.... it will be interesting to see if they actually let him off this although that would ruin the party. I just wana see mourinho gone if i'm totally honest :rofl: :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but the obvious thing for Mourinho to do is to put on Fabregas so we have some more control of the game, we cannot trust our defending for long periods and we were under relatively little pressure in the half.
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    I guess Klopp doesn't want the overlapping fullback considering they'll be very susceptible to the counter-attack, but yeah crossing the ball with Terry in there is always going to be tough so they need someone who can match him/better physically/better in the air and they've got that in Benteke.

Don't think switching the ball will work with the players Liverpool have got. They've got that one big mistake in them and one switch could leave Ramires bursting through the middle.
    Liverpool I guess aren't as talented in switching the ball, they need Wayne Rooney for that Henderson is decent at the switch but he's not playing, Milner isn't amazing but can do it too. But the obvious way to beat us is to use the switch from time to time and mix it up.

Chelsea are so poor on the counter attack that they may as well put their fullbacks up anyway. It won't do much when our wingers are so deep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JTran38)
    Would it not be a mistake to sack him?
    More like would it be a mistake not to sack him?

ReputationRep:
    When Benteke scores the winner.

When a United fan wants Liverpool to win

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas on for Mikel and it's all fine for Chelsea.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by trapking)
    I'm not sure tbh but he's not having a good run at all.... it will be interesting to see if they actually let him off this although that would ruin the party. I just wana see mourinho gone if i'm totally honest :rofl: :ahee:
    Hahaha ... Personally, I think it'll be a mistake to sack Mourinho if #LFC wins today. Klopp went through the same thing during his last season at Borussia Dortmund.

ReputationRep:
    A draw would be a decent result for both teams but you imagine a win is badly needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah but the obvious thing for Mourinho to do is to put on Fabregas so we have some more control of the game, we cannot trust our defending for long periods and we were under relatively little pressure in the half.

Liverpool I guess aren't as talented in switching the ball, they need Wayne Rooney for that Henderson is decent at the switch but he's not playing, Milner isn't amazing but can do it too. But the obvious way to beat us is to use the switch from time to time and mix it up.

Chelsea are so poor on the counter attack that they may as well put their fullbacks up anyway. It won't do much when our wingers are so deep.
    Dem shots

Going from one the best counter-attacking teams in the world to piss poor is serious concern.
    Honestly think thats the way to beat Chelsea if you're a big team. Take more risks given that you won't be exposed as much.
    Plus if you've got man like Mike then dat pace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    Chelsea today!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

ReputationRep:
    Did Chelsea create anything other than the goal and a couple of free kicks?

Willian playing well though.

ReputationRep:
    Dem shots

Going from one the best counter-attacking teams in the world to piss poor is series concern.
    Honestly think thats the way to beat Chelsea if you're a big team. Take more risks given that you won't be exposed as much.
    Plus if you've got man like Mike then dat pace.
    We used to be so fantastic on the counter in 13/14 but right now we're just poor.

ReputationRep:
    I love Willian

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The fact Willian(Mr 7/10) is looking like our best player is saying a lot about the performances of our attacking force this season.

Put on Fabregas to get some more control of the game.

ReputationRep:
    Omg. Tell me that bt has purposely muted the crowd. It is eerily quiet.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'd bring off Milner for Benteke ASAP.

When you have 3 creative and 2 holding midfielders already on, I don't see what he adds to the team other than insisting on aimless crosses.

ReputationRep:
    When Benteke scores the winner.

When a United fan wants Liverpool to win
    If it means Mourinho is potentially sacked then that's fine, it's only one win.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.