Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Has anyone been rejected yet? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Basically, I freaked out when I saw my results sheet because of some quite horrendous happenings (extenuating stuff) that messed with my coursework. I missed my firm last year, got into my insurance (which was already an unconditional), decided I didn't like the course because it wasn't quantitative enough and basically just rejected the place. Scrambled around figuring things out for a month then took the plunge of self studying 3 (exam only) A levels in a year whilst re-applying to university.

So, with the abysmal grades I got last year, and the top universities I applied to this year, I thought I wouldn't get ANYTHING. Had a contingency plan of going into UCAS extra and everything. Fast forward to now - I'm currently holding high offers from Warwick and Nottingham!!

So keep haste I guess, it's not all a horror story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what grades did you get if you dont mind me asking & what grades were you hoping for?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    what grades did you get if you dont mind me asking & what grades were you hoping for?
    BCDc, AAAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deww6)
    Don't Worry I only finished personal statement first draft today. if your behind then god knows where I am
    Considering the deadline for general universities is mid-January, you're all ahead or at a good pace. I sent my personal statement to my tutor 2 weeks ago to check through and he still hasn't read it yet!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone... I got my offer from Liverpool a month back and from Leeds after an interview a week back...(both unconditional)..... Waiting for the other three though.
    I applied for English Language and Literature as an Indian student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    BCDc, AAAA
    How did you manage to get an offer from Nottingham & Warwick?
    What was your predicted grades? BCD -> ABC assuming your teachers give you +1 grade higher in all your subjects.

Or did you mention extenuating circumstances on your personal statement/to unis.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    How did you manage to get an offer from Nottingham & Warwick?
    What was your predicted grades? BCD -> ABC assuming your teachers give you +1 grade higher in all your subjects.

Or did you mention extenuating circumstances on your personal statement/to unis.
    I take it you didn't actually read my post lol Yes, some pretty bad extenuating circs took place.

Nah, I'm doing 3 A-levels in a year instead (got AAAAC at Scottish Higher (AS equiv), 3A*s 5As (GCSE equiv) before that disaster), predicted A*A*A.

Got an offer from Notts last year, dunno about Warwick I guess my PS, reference, previous grades, and predicted grades did the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swarkles_Caskett)
    Why is everyone already applying? I'm done with my PS but I'm sitting for my A2 now so I'll apply after my last paper. Also, should you risk applying to a Uni with a high requirement if you don't really have the grades so for example; I want to get into Durham and their entry requirement is an A*AA and I can get an A*A*C. Do you think it's worth applying or nah?
    If you're applying to start your course for the academic year of September 2016 your deadline is 15th January. If you wait til you sit your A2s you'll be applying for entrance in 2017. The application process is roughly a year long, you're not firmly accepted until August (results day) unless you have an unconditional offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panophobic)
    Our school only gets one draft, so basically as soon as I finish it it's going to be sent off - I don't have time to ask teachers to go over it etc as they are all busy marking coursework, and my form tutor couldn't care less.

I haven't even finished writing mine, I've only just finished my first paragraph! I decided earlier in the year that I wanted to do Classical Studies and English Literature, but now I've decided against that and want to do just pure English Lit, so I ahve to change my entire personal statement.

Also, my teachers have messed me around on what I'm going to be predicted for A2 and it's all very stressful.

I underachieved in AS, getting BCCCD because I didn't revise at all, lack of motivation I guess. I was supposed to be predicted ABB, after talking to my teachers, but I just contacted them, and I apparently 'can't' be predicted an A in english, and so they're sticking with a B, and history and law are both reluctant to predict me higher as well. They told me this today.

SO V STRESSED as all the universities I have looked at want BBB/ABB, and I'll be applying with BBB/BBC/BCC - I DONT EVEN KNOW.

So yeah, I need to talk to my teachers again tomorrow before I can submit it.
    And I need to write it.
    And do history coursework.
    And a history essay.
    And a law essay.

It's all going downhill basically.
    And I'm procrastinating on TSR and Tumblr

So I'm sure you're probably better off than me, GOOD LUCK!

Edit: can you tell why I'm looking at rejection threads
    My friend was exactly in your situation and she made it through. You will get there. I promise. Plus hell yeah on procrastination instead of stressing about my future I'm trying to console others to not stress about theirs haha the irony

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futureDOCTOR2k15)
    The yolo lyfe
    Ikr....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    ask me if mines even been sent off lol
    me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadiiiaax)
    I haven't even sent mine in yet. After this half term I'm expected to show my draft personal statement to my tutor and I have until December 15th to actually give in my UCAS stuff along with my personal statement. I've only done 2 paragraphs! I can't believe tons of people are already getting replies!
    ikr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armastan)
    Considering the deadline for general universities is mid-January, you're all ahead or at a good pace. I sent my personal statement to my tutor 2 weeks ago to check through and he still hasn't read it yet!
    but almost everyone I know has sent there's off but me so I'm kinda panicking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deww6)
    You shouldn't panic at all! Everyone likes to send theirs in early, so it's not like you're behind since there's plenty of time left. No one I know has sent theirs off yet :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deww6)
    There's really no need to panic- unis have to give equal consideration to everyone who applies before the deadline, so there's no advantage to applying early. So long as you meet the deadline (and your school/colleges internal deadlines to give your referee time to write your reference) you're at no disadvantage.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Not yet, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazeydaisy)
    International relations at Reading, Chester and Kent Thankyou
    is chester good? im thinking about putting them as my insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unihelp98)
    is chester good? im thinking about putting them as my insurance
    The town is lovely, but the university is quite small. I thought it felt a bit too much like a school than a university, but that's just my opinion! I liked it enough to apply

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of expecting rejections. I'm applying for Psychology (with Biosciences Foundation Year at Sussex) but I don't do any science :|

ReputationRep:
    Having repeated year 12, how high are my chances at getting rejected from chemical engineering at UCL, Loughborough, Nottingham, Edinburgh and Heriot-Watt?

I'm freaking out that I won't get any offers, my application has been received at all my unis and they have acknowledged it.

3 of them have replies requesting fee status questionnaires to be filled out before the application can be considered further.

ReputationRep:
    My fear is that I still haven’t passed GCSE maths and out of all the uni’s I’ve applied for the most flexible is Chichester

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.