Turn on thread page Beta

Post Your Favourite Inspirational Quotes :) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    "You cant build a.reputation on what you arw going to do " Henry Ford.
    "He who is not courageous enough to take risks wont accomplish anything in life " Muhammad Ali.
    "Its always impossible until its done "Nelson Mandela.
    "Be yourself,everyone else is taken"Oscar Wilde.
    "If you can dream it,you can do it " Walt Disney.
    "Its kind of fun to do the impossible"Walt Disney.
    "Out of your vulnerabilities comes your strength "Sigmund Freud.

(Original post by Matrix123)
    That's a fantastic quote! I love your profile picture by the way.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Also, on a more serious note, "Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light" ~ Dumbledore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathQ123)
    Thank you!
    You're welcome. But really -thank you. I love all things positive and inspirational.

ReputationRep:
    “The Quran is either proof for you or against you.” – Prophet Muhammad (as reported in Sahih Muslim)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemunch)
    It says "inspirational" quotes not trash, doofus.
    I only gave a sarcastic response because I find the whole idea of inspiration quotes pathetic, if you want to change your life you need to discipline yourself rather than listen to the words of people who don't know anything about you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I love the recent quotes from @Neil Burgess, Kadak and starlight82. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, no. Maybe I will get a late invite? That's what I'm hoping for. Ooh...Ravenclaw! Congratulations. Are you at Hogwarts then?
    Thanks and yup I'm at Hogwarts. I'm in my fifth year and doing OWL's soon T^T. You should totally just ask if you can come now, we have free WiFi in the ravenclaw common room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evandra)
    So inspirational lool
    and he's a doctor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    I only gave a sarcastic response because I find the whole idea of inspiration quotes pathetic, if you want to change your life you need to discipline yourself rather than listen to the words of people who don't know anything about you.
    I respect your opinion however, I personally believe that some people find it easier to discipline themselves by using the words of others to help them. I think that is one of the greatest beauties of words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    Says the one with Dajjal as his picture.

ReputationRep:
    I respect your opinion however, I personally believe that some people find it easier to discipline themselves by using the words of others to help them. I think that is one of the greatest beauties of words.
    Then maybe such people have more fundamental problems to redress rather than using generic quotes as sticking plasters.

(Original post by Elehin)
    Says the one with Dajjal as his picture.
    Relevant, bothered?No and no.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I love the recent quotes from @Neil Burgess, Kadak and starlight82. Thanks.
    Glad you liked it, this is a great thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    Thanks and yup I'm at Hogwarts. I'm in my fifth year and doing OWL's soon T^T. You should totally just ask if you can come now, we have free WiFi in the ravenclaw common room
    Ooh! I'd love to go. Wow, good luck!!! If I went to Hogwarts, I'd be in my fifth year too! How are things after the end of the Great War?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starlight82)
    Glad you liked it, this is a great thread
    I'm glad you like the thread.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh! I'd love to go. Wow, good luck!!! If I went to Hogwarts, I'd be in my fifth year too! How are things after the end of the Great War?
    They are all fine, actually the castle is even better now. Professor Long bottom is my herbology teacher *o* and he is awesome. Harry Potter came to our school to do a talk recently We learnt some defense against the dark arts in the room of requirements.

ReputationRep:
    “All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark."

"Arise, awake, sleep no more; within each of you there is the power to remove all wants and all miseries. Believe this, and that power will be manifested."

“Be free; hope for nothing from anyone. I am sure if you look back upon your lives you will find that you were always vainly trying to get help from others which never came.”

- Swami Vivekananda (1863 - 1902)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    'if wishes were fishes there would be no room in the river for water' by some otter in redwall

basically stop wishing for things and start doing things to make the wishes come true

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a Guinea pig themed quote .
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Kadak)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm disappointed. I was hoping for a Guinea pig themed quote .
    don't worry :console: i will consult my pigs later and see if they have anything deep and philosophical to add

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    They are all fine, actually the castle is even better now. Professor Long bottom is my herbology teacher *o* and he is awesome. Harry Potter came to our school to do a talk recently We learnt some defense against the dark arts in the room of requirements.
    Wow, you are sooo lucky. Oh my gosh!!! You are forming a new Dumbledore's Army? (without Dumbledore for obvious reasons....)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.