Which body do you like the most and WHY? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Op argues like a preschooler.
    "No I'm not. You are! :aetsch:

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    I'm 5''3, yeah im almost anorexic looking i know, my wrists are extremely small. i dont even try to burn off the calories i eat as suggested by my username.
    How old r u?

I have the same problem as you. I can wrap my fingers around my wrist with space remaining.
    I was at my worst during year 11 (16y/o) i was 5"11 and 60kg. I used to eat so much and wonder why i was still skinny. The answer to your problem is;

Eat more. For e.g i noticed most skinny guys complain about not gaining weight but if they were to count their daily calorie intake, its actually below maintenance.

Right now i follow GOMAD(gallon of full fat milk a day) and eat 3 full meals (5000kcal) its not easy. Its painful actually. I have to piss every 10 minutes. I hate the taste of a milk and feel like i wanna puke. But im gettig results, currently at 70kg. (Hopefully 75 soo)
    you and i arent blessed with great genetics so we just have to work harder

ReputationRep:
    10-15%, but preferably bigger than those guys.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Depends where from and how they're cooked. A Big Mac is about 500 calories, a large Big Mac meal with a milkshake is in excess of 1500. Wouldn't recommend stuffing your face with junk food all day every day for the sake of your health of course, and 4000 calories a day is probably extreme at your weight and you'll almost certainly gain weight eating less than that, but consistency is the trick. It's all trial and error as well; if you're eating 2500 a day every day, and you're not gaining, increase by another 500 a day and see how much you weigh in a week's time. Keep going until the scales start moving, it'll happen soon enough
    first thing first i need a scale to see how much more i need...my mum still hasnt got me one >_> i love mcdonalds, everytime i get big mac meals, it's never enough, i need a doughnut or something, so theres definitely not wrong with my eating. could it be sleeping time? ''apparently'' according to my mum, if you dont sleep enough you'll lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    15% is HOT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bassbabe)
    10-12% is nice . Bottom row is sickening.
    If you had to decide from either the 3% one or 40% what would you chose
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Mentally)
    How old r u?

I have the same problem as you. I can wrap my fingers around my wrist with space remaining.
    I was at my worst during year 11 (16y/o) i was 5"11 and 60kg. I used to eat so much and wonder why i was still skinny. The answer to your problem is;

Eat more. For e.g i noticed most skinny guys complain about not gaining weight but if they were to count their daily calorie intake, its actually below maintenance.

Right now i follow GOMAD(gallon of full fat milk a day) and eat 3 full meals (5000kcal) its not easy. Its painful actually. I have to piss every 10 minutes. I hate the taste of a milk and feel like i wanna puke. But im gettig results, currently at 70kg. (Hopefully 75 soo)
    you and i arent blessed with great genetics so we just have to work harder
    it's like you took words from my mouth, my wrist can do the same D: im 16 at the moment. milk is something i've never stopped drinking since i was born. i drink atleast a cup a day with nesquik to make it easier cos im still not quite used to it. i dont ever have time for breakfast cos of where i live from school (too far, need to be up early and leave early) sometimes i just get greggs, which probably isnt a proper breakfast. i eat school dinner, thats the first proper meal of the day for me. when i go home i eat snacks and stuff and wait for dinner. then i drink milk before going to sleep. doesnt seem like a lot now that i write it down... do u think i should eat more dessert type of food like cake and stuff, i love them but part of me say theyre not the right way to gain weight

ReputationRep:
    it's like you took words from my mouth, my wrist can do the same D: im 16 at the moment. milk is something i've never stopped drinking since i was born. i drink atleast a cup a day with nesquik to make it easier cos im still not quite used to it. i dont ever have time for breakfast cos of where i live from school (too far, need to be up early and leave early) sometimes i just get greggs, which probably isnt a proper breakfast. i eat school dinner, thats the first proper meal of the day for me. when i go home i eat snacks and stuff and wait for dinner. then i drink milk before going to sleep. doesnt seem like a lot now that i write it down... do u think i should eat more dessert type of food like cake and stuff, i love them but part of me say theyre not the right way to gain weight
    Told you i used to think i ate alot until i actually write it down and counted my calories. One of the blessings though we have as ectomorphs is that we're allowed to eat dessert and junk food without it affecting us 2 badly. I wouldnt exactly suggest implementing it in your diet however because you also need the essential nutritions from other food but if you find it easier just dontgo overboard such that 50% of ur kcal is from desserts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanDYEL)
    Go. Attachment 472739
    10-12%, looks like they hit the gym often but are not on steroids

ReputationRep:
    Told you i used to think i ate alot until i actually write it down and counted my calories. One of the blessings though we have as ectomorphs is that we're allowed to eat dessert and junk food without it affecting us 2 badly. I wouldnt exactly suggest implementing it in your diet however because you also need the essential nutritions from other food but if you find it easier just dontgo overboard such that 50% of ur kcal is from desserts!
    Just because not all fat that is stored doesn't show doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing. People who are ectomorphs tend to store fat in their organs and this can cause serious health problems later. If you eat something it won't just disappear and get out of your body that easily.

ReputationRep:
    10-20% but 15% looks optimal.

I don't really care so long as they're healthy and slim.

I wouldnt want to expect something of somebody that I wouldnt be willing to do myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    Just because not all fat that is stored doesn't show doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing. People who are ectomorphs tend to store fat in their organs and this can cause serious health problems later. If you eat something it won't just disappear and get out of your body that easily.
    Im making the assumption that he is still going gym and workin out. Alot of skinny people simply just dont eat enough and when they go gym and workout their body ends up breaking down the muscle cells to generate ATP. ITS prioritised in the order carb>fat>protein. Take what im saying with a hint of caution, as it's tainted in broscience. I dont study biomedicine this is just what i read from bodybuilding diet 'experts'

ReputationRep:
    Im making the assumption that he is still going gym and workin out. Alot of skinny people simply just dont eat enough and when they go gym and workout their body ends up breaking down the muscle cells to generate ATP. ITS prioritised in the order carb>fat>protein. Take what im saying with a hint of caution, as it's tainted in broscience. I dont study biomedicine this is just what i read from bodybuilding diet 'experts'
    Yeah to be honest you have to be careful where you get your sources from because a lot of people claim to have knowledge on this sort of stuff. You have to know where the credible sources of information are and search there. I think the order you said it in is right though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    Yeah to be honest you have to be careful where you get your sources from because a lot of people claim to have knowledge on this sort of stuff. You have to know where the credible sources of information are and search there. I think the order you said it in is right though.
    انشاءاله شيخ

ReputationRep:
    انشاءاله شيخ
    Name:  10411892_947178545325832_4636603020268890818_n.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  32.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    ITT: people who have no idea about lifting, BF% or anything like that talk aimlessly. The pics aren't even a good comparison because people carry weight and muscle differently.

ReputationRep:
    10-12%
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    first thing first i need a scale to see how much more i need...my mum still hasnt got me one >_> i love mcdonalds, everytime i get big mac meals, it's never enough, i need a doughnut or something, so theres definitely not wrong with my eating. could it be sleeping time? ''apparently'' according to my mum, if you dont sleep enough you'll lose weight.
    Fair enough mate, yeah it's just about being consistent then. Before I started lifting I was always labelled "that skinny guy who eats what he wants but doesn't put on weight" because I could eat a lot when I did eat. I wasn't being consistent though, and when I started lifting weights and wanted to gain weight I did some calculations and decided 2500 calories a day would be a good starting point - even with that amount, I was struggling to fit it all in on some days :lol: Think eating a large Big Mac meal every day would have made it easier but it would have been kind on my health or my wallet Liquid calories were very helpful though - I was drinking a fair bit of powdered oats, protein powder and sprinkling walnut oil in them to add calories. These days (3 years after starting) I'm over 70lbs heavier (the majority of which is muscular weight though) and eating 2500 a day now would leave me feeling unsatisfied.

Nope, quite the opposite in fact - lack of sleep and fat gain are linked because of catabolic hormones and such. Wouldn't go skipping sleep in order to gain weight though, that'd be a ridiculous idea :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bassbabe)
    10-12% is nice . Bottom row is sickening.

Jason Genova.......????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Mal)
    Op argues like a preschooler.
    "No I'm not. You are! :aetsch:

:rolleyes:

And yet you still can't win

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.