The Student Room Group

Worst pain you have experianced so far?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

So basically you were born a hunchback?

Lol no
I just leaned to one side
[QUOTE="parrot16;60277035"]What is the worst pain you have ever been in so far? What did you do about it?
The worst pain I have experienced was few days ago- I was woken up by an excruciating migraine so I started screaming in pain and rocking back and forth. My mum woke up and gave me some paracetamol which didn't even work- probably because I was throwing up. I was throwing up for 6 hours and was unable to keep anything down- Mum nearly called an ambulance because I was confused and dehydrated. I was dizzy, shaking and had the worst migraine of my life so far. But it passed after 6 hours- I was lucky it did or I would have probably die of dehydration. What is your story?[/QUOTE
*experienced sorry was bugging me.
(edited 8 years ago)
[QUOTE="_Charlotte15;60288265"]
Original post by parrot16
What is the worst pain you have ever been in so far? What did you do about it?
The worst pain I have experienced was few days ago- I was woken up by an excruciating migraine so I started screaming in pain and rocking back and forth. My mum woke up and gave me some paracetamol which didn't even work- probably because I was throwing up. I was throwing up for 6 hours and was unable to keep anything down- Mum nearly called an ambulance because I was confused and dehydrated. I was dizzy, shaking and had the worst migraine of my life so far. But it passed after 6 hours- I was lucky it did or I would have probably die of dehydration. What is your story?[/QUOTE
*experienced sorry was bugging me.

Sorry I'm a very bad speller.
TMJ pain. You wouldn't think jaw pain would be that bad but it felt like constant toothache, earache and a migraine all at once and painkillers wouldn't help it. I honestly thought that pain would be the end of either my life or my sanity. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
A kidney infection, a UTI and fever.

I can't choose which was worst, they are all unbearable.

S hit I forgot to mention getting my tongue pierced - a good 10 days of constant agony.
Opening my A level results 2k15
Emotional Pain - Being bullied for 5 years and attempting suicide 3 times.

Physical pain - When i sleep walked and threw myself down the stairs , woke up the next morning covered in blood and not remembering a thing but ironically once i woke up i had immense pain lol.
Original post by parrot16
What is the worst pain you have ever been in so far? What did you do about it?
The worst pain I have experienced was few days ago- I was woken up by an excruciating migraine so I started screaming in pain and rocking back and forth. My mum woke up and gave me some paracetamol which didn't even work- probably because I was throwing up. I was throwing up for 6 hours and was unable to keep anything down- Mum nearly called an ambulance because I was confused and dehydrated. I was dizzy, shaking and had the worst migraine of my life so far. But it passed after 6 hours- I was lucky it did or I would have probably die of dehydration. What is your story?

I've got two I'll do the in chronological order.

1/ On an air craft I fell asleep with a slight head ache over my eyes (blocked sinus) as we cam in to and the pain built until it was unbearable all I could do was sit there drinking water wishing the pain would end for several minutes it was so painful I can 't describe

2/ A few weeks ago I woke up with stomach spasms so bad I was writhing in pain ambulance was called I actually had to go to A&E that was also highly painful.
Original post by fii_xox
how the hell did you bite your own tongue off dude????

I was on holiday in France and like all children I decided I was Spider-Man so jumped off a climbing frame. When I landed I hit my chin on my knee (with my tongue between my teeth) and guillotined my tongue; fortunately I only bit through about half of it and they were able to stitch it back on. Unfortuantely anaesthetic can't be used on tongues as it could fall back into your throat so the stitches were about a painful as the bite
Gout or Calf cramps
Leg 'cramp'. Essentially the calf muscle maximally contracting - feels like it is practically popping out of the leg. Worst pain ever (doesn't sound bad at all - but argh!).
Original post by Spock's Socks
TMJ pain. You wouldn't think jaw pain would be that bad but it felt like constant toothache, earache and a migraine all at once and painkillers wouldn't help it. I honestly thought that pain would be the end of either my life or my sanity. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that Trigeminal neuralgia (same/similar?) is actually cited as the worst pain we feel which is non life threatening
Original post by DarkEclipse
Emotional: When I found out I screwed up my AS Levels :P
Physical: Two experiences. When I was 12, I fell and tumbled down a sloping hill. There was this jagged rock sticking out, and it cut my back. Made me look really cool, but it did hurt.

Second; when I got a mouthful of sodium hydroxide in the lab while using a pipette. It burnt. A lot.

Sorry, but how do you get a mouthful of sodium hydroxide in a lab whilst using a pipette? Did you put the end in your mouth or something to hold it for a moment?

(This post sounds really obnoxious, sorry. :tongue: Just really baffled.)
Original post by Ridingmyego
Yeesh, it's a hell of a pain isn't it! I get this in my funny bone ever since me elbow openly fractured. Having surgery for it soon though xx

Yes, it's unbearable.
Ah when is the op?
Getting hit in the balls.
Emotional pain- My grandfather suffering from severe parkinson started to cry when I was looking after him on my own. I had to go to the bathroom to cry and calm myself down
a cyst under my armpit burst whilst i was running on sports day...came last anyway...
One time i was on my periods and i became a full on demon, screaming in agony. It felt like i was being repeatedly stabbed in the stomach over and over again. I only had paracetamol at the time but thankfully it stopped after about 40 minutes or so. Apparently the pain you feel during your period is nothing compared to childbirth. :frown:
Original post by hellodave5
Leg 'cramp'. Essentially the calf muscle maximally contracting - feels like it is practically popping out of the leg. Worst pain ever (doesn't sound bad at all - but argh!).

I get this a lot. Trying to walk on it hurts like a bitch too.
I once fell over on grass and grazed my knee.

Quick Reply

Latest