Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mzip201)
    just got rejected from Bham (101). I hold a high 2:1 undergrad (biomed), a masters from Imperial and a PhD in Cancer research. I also fulfil all the other requirements ..have loads of work experience. My personal statement was checked and approved by an interviewer at a university.... I teach MBBS and Biomed course at a university as well.. I have published several papers and my publications are on pubmed..

and yet I got rejected..

don't know what to say or think

Good luck guys
    Very sorry to hear that. It sounds like a brilliant application, but I don't think Birmingham take any higher degrees into consideration. I know that Warwick give extra credit to those with masters and PhDs - maybe that would be an option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zb_mw)
    Hey guys, hope interviews have been going well. I had my interview / offer for 2015 but I decided to defer my entry until 2016.

Just to give you an idea of time scales - my interview invitation came on the 10th Dec, my interview date was 22nd Jan and I got my offer on 10th Feb. I have a friend who didn't have his interview until the end of February. Hope this helps
    How did you think your interview went last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kena993)
    How did you think your interview went last year?
    I thought it went well - it was my first time at an MMI - and I much preferred it to the standard panel medical school interviews I was used to

ReputationRep:
    Late comer here. Just wanted to check in and see wht the situation is.

Has birmingham interviewed everyone then and are just trying to make a decision?

Im quite sure at the interview they said we will hear a decision by the end of February. Another guy on this site said at the interview he was told the best cnadidates would get offers mid february.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickname_esco)
    Late comer here. Just wanted to check in and see wht the situation is.

Has birmingham interviewed everyone then and are just trying to make a decision?

Im quite sure at the interview they said we will hear a decision by the end of February. Another guy on this site said at the interview he was told the best cnadidates would get offers mid february.
    Yeah I was told by mid February for the best candidates and then the rest in March as a few people are still to be interviewed at the end of this month .

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else just get a post interview rejection on track?

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected on track

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected on track
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    Were you guys expecting a rejection? I just feel deflated that I can have been so deluded to think that interview actually went well?!

ReputationRep:
    I was kinda expecting it. 2 stations went horrible. Rest were great.

ReputationRep:
    Really sorry to those rejected today. Hope your other choices will be successful. I haven't received any news since interview . I know how bad it feels and keep on thinking the worst myself

ReputationRep:
    I emailed yesterday to request feedback. They got back to me pretty quickly today... Although they didn't give much detail they gave me my overall ranking and then my ranking for each station. The two stations which I thought went badly definitely correlated with my ranking for those so at least I now know where I need to improve!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smb18)
    I emailed yesterday to request feedback. They got back to me pretty quickly today... Although they didn't give much detail they gave me my overall ranking and then my ranking for each station. The two stations which I thought went badly definitely correlated with my ranking for those so at least I now know where I need to improve!

What email adress did you contact?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocoviola)
    Were you guys expecting a rejection? I just feel deflated that I can have been so deluded to think that interview actually went well?!
    I felt exactly the same as you, my other scores were good but so frustrating my data interpretation was not above the threshold! Does anyone know if this would have just been the written calculation section ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mully09)
    I felt exactly the same as you, my other scores were good but so frustrating my data interpretation was not above the threshold! Does anyone know if this would have just been the written calculation section ?
    Check the interview information sheet. I'm sure I read theres a ratio between the two

ReputationRep:
    What was the minimum threshold for each station?

ReputationRep:
    What email adress did you contact?
    Sorry for the late reply, I've only just seen this! I just contacted the one that is on the course website

ReputationRep:
    Offer!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer about an hour ago too via track

ReputationRep:
    Also got an offer! Only found out after 9 pm! The one day I don't check my emails because I was sick in bed and then straight off to work for the evening. See you there looking forward to meeting people

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 26, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.