Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay so in "Methods of Differences" questions why do we not start off with n=0?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mihael_Keehl)
    Okay so in "Methods of Differences" questions why do we not start off with n=0?
    Depends on the sum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Depends on the sum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    aren't all the generic fp2 questions in exams and the edexcel book all from 1 to n though...

ReputationRep:
    It was a funny exam haha. I ran outtta time and missed a 6 marker apparently that quests was bare hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    bare hard meaning extremely hard? (I do not know the england lingo )

what was your raw mark, if you don't mind sharing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DylanJ42)
    bare hard meaning extremely hard?
    Yes

ReputationRep:

Lol i dunno i got 97 or something. Probably 62 or 63.
    I seen where i lost marks thanks to results plus.
    I lost 6 marks on that last part of the last question and 1-2 mark on the reduction cause i didnt integrate a trivial integral and lost 2-3 on a proof question which I thought I did fine but i didnt write stuff like
    AB=e(PA) etc etc and just calculated stuff right away. It was some proper strict MS. I dnt care tho lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I didnt find the exam hard but apparently that part which i idnt have time to try was crazy hard. Never tried it tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol i dunno i got 97 or something. Probably 62 or 63.
    I seen where i lost marks thanks to results plus.
    I lost 6 marks on that last part of the last question and 1-2 mark on the reduction cause i didnt integrate a trivial integral and lost 2-3 on a proof question which I thought I did fine but i didnt write stuff like
    AB=e(PA) etc etc and just calculated stuff right away. It was some proper strict MS. I dnt care tho lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    97, very well done I cant wait to try it once the 2015 papers are released, hopefully this years will be a little more normal

I didnt find the exam hard but apparently that part which i idnt have time to try was crazy hard. Never tried it tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you remember the topic? coordinate systems i'm guessing

ReputationRep:
    97, very well done I cant wait to try it once the 2015 papers are released, hopefully this years will be a little more normal

Do you remember the topic? coordinate systems i'm guessing
    Yep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Zacken Student403

Yeah so for questions like Q19b how are you supposed to start when bottom of sigma is r+1, and not r=1?

And also what is this otherwise part - how else could you go about doing it aside from method of differences?

ReputationRep:
    Zacken
    It's a typo, it should be r=1. There's probably some other way to sum that series using integral techniques or whatever, don't worry about it - it's nothing at your level, or at least, I think so.

ReputationRep:
    Zacken Student403

Yeah so for questions like Q19b how are you supposed to start when bottom of sigma is r+1, and not r=1?

And also what is this otherwise part - how else could you go about doing it aside from method of differences?

Prob "otherwise" for ppl like Renzhi who do this sh** using some first principle black magic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    It's a typo, it should be r=1. There's probably some other way to sum that series using integral techniques or whatever, don't worry about it - it's nothing at your level, or at least, I think so.
    thnx

have you done fp2 or are you doing it this year?

ReputationRep:
    thnx

have you done fp2 or are you doing it this year?
    To be honest, I haven't even learnt the module yet. :lol: I'll be doing it this year. Funnily enough, I seem to know most of it in some weird way? I think it's just from hanging about the forum and picking things up by osmosis or whatever - plus doing STEP. I still need to go through examsolutions and learn the things formally though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Prob "otherwise" for ppl like Renzhi who do this sh** using some first principle black magic
    lmfao

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I haven't even learnt the module yet. :lol: I'll be doing it this year. Funnily enough, I seem to know most of it in some weird way? I think it's just from hanging about the forum and picking things up by osmosis or whatever - plus doing STEP. I still need to go through examsolutions and learn the things formally though.
    oh wow haha.

You are doing edexcel ial right?
    Do you have a different Edexcel book? And I have done papers for FP2 from the WMO2 or w/e and the ial papers seem harder on average than the UK ones? Any reason for this.

ReputationRep:
    Not osmosis, mate - It's diffusion! Should have done biology and chemistry too.

ReputationRep:
    oh wow haha.

Do you have a different Edexcel book? And I have done papers for FP2 from the WMO2 or w/e and the ial papers seem harder on average than the UK ones? Any reason for this.
    Yeah, I am. I don't have a textbook. Calibre of international applicants tend to be slightly higher than calibre of home applicants, necessitating slightly harder papers. Although I've seen the odd home paper be harder than an IAL paper (not for FP2, but for other papers) so I can't comment on FP2.

ReputationRep:
    oh wow haha.

No, it's the same textbook along with the same topics. IALs aren't really consistently more difficult than GCE papers, sometimes they're easier in comparison. It really depends on Edexcel's mood from what it seems.

ReputationRep:
    I just finished 40 questions on complex numbers from TeeEm's workbook...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2017
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.