Turn on thread page Beta

Am I gay? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcpon14)
    He knows I'm not gay. I don't enjoy it. I just let him do those things to keep the friendship going. I don't want him to get mad at me if I rejected his advances.
    Sorry but why would you do something that you don't enjoy, to keep a friendship going? If you're having to do sexual things to keep a friendship going, then frankly it may not be as strong a friendship as you think.

Have you tried saying no? I'm just concerned the more you continue down this passive way, that your friend is going to get the wrong impression and you will feel lost and confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeremyOU)
    you could be going through an exploration of your sexuality, just focus on who your attracted to. if men = gay. if women = heterosexual. if other = weird hippie.
    So bisexuals, asexuals and pansexuals don't exist then? Thanks. So invalidating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just say , it was "just a prank".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    So bisexuals, asexuals and pansexuals don't exist then? Thanks. So invalidating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Obviously you fit into the "weird hippy" category.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Obviously you fit into the "weird hippy" category.
    No. I fit into the asexual category. I'm not a weird hippy because I don't fit into one of your two categories. It's like saying all trees are either oak or pine. When a beech tree comes along you say that it's just weird, rather than being genuinely a different, but perfectly normal and healthy tree.

Human sexuality is very very very complicated. It is wrong to suggest that people fit into two categories and ignore anyone else as weird. There are many different orientations and each is equally valid.

Your attitude is one of the reasons why we asexuals say that we don't come out of the closet, we come out of the wardrobe to Narnia because no one believes what we experience anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No. I fit into the asexual category. I'm not a weird hippy because I don't fit into one of your two categories. It's like saying all trees are either oak or pine. When a beech tree comes along you say that it's just weird, rather than being genuinely a different, but perfectly normal and healthy tree.

Human sexuality is very very very complicated. It is wrong to suggest that people fit into two categories and ignore anyone else as weird. There are many different orientations and each is equally valid.

Your attitude is one of the reasons why we asexuals say that we don't come out of the closet, we come out of the wardrobe to Narnia because no one believes what we experience anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not my categories,

ReputationRep:
    Not my categories,
    Just do the entire MOGII community a favour, really simple, and don't F***ING TRIVIALISE our orientations by dismissing those of us who have non binary sexualities. It is exactly the same as calling asexuals "special snowflakes" and it is really invalidating, not to mention offensive. Just don't do it. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What I don't understand is no one cared for these terms 25 years ago so why do people need them now? Why do people have to have a specific term for them and insist everyone call them by it? :curious:

(Original post by ivybridge)
    How did you draw that conclusion? :lol:!
    Quite easily :rofl: Your profile says it all bud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    What I don't understand is no one cared for these terms 25 years ago so why do people need them now? Why do people have to have a specific term for them and insist everyone call them by it? :curious:

Quite easily :rofl: Your profile says it all bud.
    Whatever you say...

ReputationRep:
    Just do the entire MOGII community a favour, really simple, and don't F***ING TRIVIALISE our orientations by dismissing those of us who have non binary sexualities. It is exactly the same as calling asexuals "special snowflakes" and it is really invalidating, not to mention offensive. Just don't do it. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why do you need strangers on the internet to validate you?

Also can you asexually reproduce as an asexual?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need strangers on the internet to validate you?

Also can you asexually reproduce as an asexual?
    I need people to not ignore the existence of asexuals. And not call us offensive names. And basically acknowledge that many people aren't just gay or straight.

The proper name is abiogenetic reproduction. Plants do it.

We're not plants so we can't reproduce that way.

We're secretly dragons.Name:  1446589808607.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  11.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I need people to not ignore the existence of asexuals. And not call us offensive names. And basically acknowledge that many people aren't just gay or straight.

The proper name is abiogenetic reproduction. Plants do it.

We're not plants so we can't reproduce that way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why do you need it?

No asexual reproduction is completely different to abiogenesis. In fact abiogenetic reproduction is not even a thing. Abiogenesis is where life arises from non-organic matter and is theorised to be the origin of all life on Earth.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need it?
    Because before I knew I was ace I felt broken.

Because before I knew about asexuality I thought there was something wrong with me.

Because I'm not a freak.

Because my sexuality is not a gap.

Because asexuality is not a second rate orientation.

Because it is just as valid as any other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a better word for gay culture should be "liberal sexualities". A bit like how being straight is conservative/old-thinking, while being liberal is progressive/new-thinking.

ReputationRep:

Because before I knew about asexuality I thought there was something wrong with me.

Because I'm not a freak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is what happens when bored Western/Westernised teenagers put a premium on sexuality and identity.

A whole lot of nonsense which does not get one anywhere in life.

ReputationRep:

Because I'm not a freak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Surely by the very definition of asexual, it is not sexuality at all, in fact it is a complete void of sexuality.

Are you the Ace of Spades?

(Original post by candycaneland500)
    did u feel attracted to him?
    Did he want the D :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcpon14)
    I've taken showers with a guy before where we're in our underwear and we washed each others backs, chests, arms, bellies and legs. I've let him kiss me on the neck repeatedly. He tried kissing me on the lips but I didn't kiss back. I let him lay on top of me and grind on me until he had to roll over and relieve himself.
    It's not gay unless the balls are touching

ReputationRep:
    Surely by the very definition of asexual, it is not sexuality at all, in fact it is a complete void of sexuality.

Are you the Ace of Spades?
    No. It is a sexual orientation meaning that I feel no sexual attraction to anybody at all ever. It is not a void. Nothing is missing.

Ace of hearts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No. It is a sexual orientation meaning that I feel no sexual attraction to anybody at all ever. It is not a void. Nothing is missing.

Ace of hearts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is a void of sexual attraction.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.