Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    There's a bit more to that definition tbh. Check wikipedia. A bigot is someone who holds UNFAIR or irrational intolerance towards certain groups of people who hold ideas, beliefs, and/or opinions different to their own. One could very well argue it is completely fair to express an intolerance toward homophobia. Besides, noone is being physically abusive here... obviously. However, homophobes are idiots. If you want to call that verbal abuse then so be it.
    Totally agree to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    All I want to do concerning this thread is post in it.

Because the level of stupid is beyond belief and I don't want to waste time dealing with idiots like the OP.

Still, I hope the OP enjoys the distaste caused by my avatar.
    Same, I cba, let the pictures speak for themselves. To much idiocy in these posts, mostly from muslimstanisyed .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Same, I cba, let the pictures speak for themselves. To much idiocy in these posts, mostly from muslimstanisyed .
    Speaking of images...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Speaking of images...

Anddddddddd

Oh how very 'distasteful' of us

ReputationRep:
    Anddddddddd

Oh how very 'distasteful' of us

Apparently

ReputationRep:

Apparently

Oh GoSH, so offensive!

ReputationRep:
    This is an offensive topic.

Can we PLEASE get back to mocking Muslims!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

This one is my favourite

ReputationRep:

This one is my favourite
    This one is like, "oh hey"

ReputationRep:
    This one is like, "oh hey"

I don't know if this is a 'kiss' or a 'let me eat you?', either way who cares?!

ReputationRep:

I don't know if this is a 'kiss' or a 'let me eat you?', either way who cares?!
    so yum

THIS IS SO CUTE, I WANT THIS:

ReputationRep:
    so yum

THIS IS SO CUTE, I WANT THIS:

Nice tongue.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Danz123)
    1) I do love how you equate 'progressive members' with a 'bigoted homosexual community' as if anyone who doesn't have a problem with gay couples kissing must be gay.

2) Do you not see the utter irony here? The position of those totally against seeing same sex couples kiss (and I'm assuming you're part of that group) wants these avatars BANNED. It's essentially a philosophy of "ew I don't like it therefore it should be banned. Please respect my intolerance toward the LGBT+ community because if you don't you're surely a bigot too." And you're saying we're pushing it here? We're not stepping out of bounds, just saying that a same sex couple kissing is not any less inappropriate as an avatar than a straight couple kissing. They're both expressions of love and noone is asking you to be turned on by them. We're just saying you have no right to want them banned and out of sight purely to satisfy your own ignorance.
    Actually I'm very socially liberal when it comes to sexuality and I frequently take defence of homosexuals. My point here was that nobody is doing any favours by simply shouting "bigot" and such because it puts people who are neutral off of wanting to listen to you. Thanks for assuming I'm a homophobe however, you proved my point nicely.

ReputationRep:

Nice tongue.
    :sexface::sneakydevil::sly:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xelfrost)
    Actually I'm very socially liberal when it comes to sexuality and I frequently take defence of homosexuals. My point here was that nobody is doing any favours by simply shouting "bigot" and such because it puts people who are neutral off of wanting to listen to you. Thanks for assuming I'm a homophobe however, you proved my point nicely.
    Yes but no one's doing that here. If one is left disgusted at the site of two people of the same gender just kissing, and goes so far as to want it banned because it offends their beliefs or religious views, one has to wonder where their anger at it all comes from. It's also ONLY directed at the LGBT+ community, which should also tell you something.

If you are fine with the avatars and my assumption was incorrect then my apologies.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.