Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm Muslim, ask me anything (II) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    ikr!!! thats why i asked
    and alternatives should b allowed, i think they are allowed surrogacy is allowed and so as IVF coz i compared Christianity vs Islam n they both allowed it
    Hmm yeah. Cool then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TAREQ003)
    I respect every Religion whether you are Christian, Hindu, Shia, Buddhist, Atheists, Jews, Sikhs... My dad is Imam(Islamic Scholar) he Teaches in Islamic School. I also do Islamic Studies while i go to college.

I am More Than Happy to answer any questions.

Thanks
    Why can you only eat Halal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally)
    Islam is the only religion out of all the major religions to quote the verse "marry only one" If you dont know what i mean check the third verse of surah nisa. And during the time the pagan arabs had many wives easily 20+ . Islam put a limit on this to 4.
    Arabs are just.... no word to describe them. they are rich as f and they don't know where to spend it on. i know i am bit off point.

ReputationRep:
    What is your perspective on the pervasive Islamic message that this world (Dunya) is temporary and therefore what is most important is devoting yourself to Allah/ the teachings of Islam?

As a non-Muslim, I find this very difficult to understand. I personally believe the temporary nature of life should encourage people to achieve something 'good' (morally and in their careers) in their limited time, help others and be happy, rather than focusing on scriptures and customs.

ReputationRep:
    Arabs are just.... no word to describe them. they are rich as f and they don't know where to spend it on. i know i am bit off point.
    Why do you think some muslims from the UK are joining ISIS and do you think that the Muslim community should be more vocal about their opposition to ISIS?

(no offence intended)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commando1)
    Why do you think some muslims from the UK are joining ISIS and do you think that the Muslim community should be more vocal about their opposition to ISIS?

(no offence intended)
    Education is key to preventing people joining zionist organisations.

ReputationRep:
    What's your views on the ever decreasing bee population?

ReputationRep:
    why women aren't allowed to wear shorts
    some sports requires to wear shorts n therefore women can't play them

ReputationRep:
    why women aren't allowed to wear shorts
    some sports requires to wear shorts n therefore women can't play them
    Like what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    Like what?
    my favourite sport badminton n many other sports

ReputationRep:
    I have a couple of questions actually if you dont mind answering them.

What is the differences between the different sects of Islam (Shia & Sunni etc)?

What is the purpous of the various piece of religeous clothing worn in Islam, such as headresses and veils for woman and certain hats and turbans for men?

How do you ensure that you only consume halal certified products (i.e meats), and is there harsh punishments for accidently consuming non-halal treated products?

ReputationRep:
    Arabs aren't all rich, in fact most of them are very poor and live in poverty.

I know you are referring to rich gulf countries but there is also lots of poverty in the gulf countries too.

ReputationRep:
    exactly... n i never understand this, why can't women marry 4 times
    Women can't marry four men because this rule is sexist, made in a time where men were completely dominant and thus made regulations that would largely benefit themselves.

Regarding the love thing, it's perfectly possible to be truly in love with many people at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Women can't marry four men because this rule is sexist, made in a time where men were completely dominant and thus made regulations that would largely benefit themselves.

Regarding the love thing, it's perfectly possible to be truly in love with many people at the same time.
    Or simply because they wouldn't know who's child they're carrying -.- without further testing etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saad97)
    Or simply because they wouldn't know who's child they're carrying -.- without further testing etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But why would that necessarily be much of an issue? If they're all husbands then surely they'd all raise the children pretty much equally and provide for them.

ReputationRep:
    my favourite sport badminton n many other sports
    Nah I think it depends where u play it. I love sports like that as well but if u play it in school or at the park then u can wear joggings and long/large top/t-shirt (thats what I do anyway). Or maybe there are women only ones

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have a Q...
    As a Christian, I was wondering why you believe that Jesus didn't die and be resurrected? I mean, wasn't that the whole point of coming among us?
    Thx in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishba-rosex)
    oh.. I didn't know that because everyone says its haram but thanks
    What he said is false. The reason why everyone else says it's haram is because it is actually haram.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treblebee)
    Hey, I have a Q...
    As a Christian, I was wondering why you believe that Jesus didn't die and be resurrected? I mean, wasn't that the whole point of coming among us?
    Thx in advance
    He was raised up to Allah before the people could get him (peace be upon him) killed.
    One of his companions was made to look like him and was crucified instead, and because of this went to heaven

Also when Jesus (peace be upon him) comes back he will rule the earth with justice and rectify the bad state of the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    What he said is false. The reason why everyone else says it's haram is because it is actually haram.

Why did he lie to me when it's haram?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.