Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mr M's Edexcel GCSE Linear Mathematics Higher 1MA0 Paper 2 Answers November 2015 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milen123)
    Hey Mr M you know for question 24 I did

100/1/2*8.4*sin(40) which gave me 37.01
    then i sqaure rooted that 37.01 which i did by mistake and that gave me 6.1 something

then i did a^2 = 8.4^2 plus 6.1^2 - 2* 8.4 * 6.1 * cos (40)

which gave me 29 point something
    then i sqaured rooted that and it gave me 5.4
    ?
    i had everything right but i accidently sqaure rooted the 37.01 how many marks do u think ill get out of 5 for this question
    You'll get some ECF marks seeing as you got the right formula.

ReputationRep:
    how many out of 5 ? how many do u think they will realistically give

ReputationRep:
    how many out of 5 ? how many do u think they will realistically give
    3/4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i'd say about 2/3 but atleast its something. Sad thing is i knew how to do the question perfectly but accidently sqaure rooting the 37.01 from the start ****s up my answer lol and also u know for the probablity question did it ask to simpify coz im pretty sure it didnt say that

ReputationRep:
    i'd say about 2/3 but atleast its something. Sad thing is i knew how to do the question perfectly but accidently sqaure rooting the 37.01 from the start ****s up my answer lol and also u know for the probablity question did it ask to simpify coz im pretty sure it didnt say that
    You would get at least 3, if your working states that you used the formula for the triangle and then the sine rule you will automatically get the marks. You will just lose one for your answer. ECF means error carried forward, which means that you can still get marks even if you make a mistake.

And for Q25, no it didn't and you get the marks for both. I only simplified because that's what my calculator did without me asking it to. But some people do different methods of working out the answer and therefore calculators did not simplify.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i wrote 502/870 and the simplified version is 251/435. I will still get full marks right?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i wrote 502/870 and the simplified version is 251/435. I will still get full marks right?
    Yep, 4/4.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-11-08 at 11.17.00.png
Views: 79
Size:  20.4 KB
    This is the mark scheme from a probability question from a few years ago.

As you can see, it gives marks for any simplified or not simplified answer.

ReputationRep:
    Alright sweet

ReputationRep:
    ad4m what grade do u think u got overall

ReputationRep:
    and optimistically speaking do u think people found the exam hard? Do u think grade boundaries will go up or down? and what do u think the grade boundaries for an A will be

ReputationRep:
    and optimistically speaking do u think people found the exam hard? Do u think grade boundaries will go up or down? and what do u think the grade boundaries for an A will be
    I really don't know what I got. I think my score was somewhere between 165 and 170. It's hard to predict A* because it was:

155 in June
    166 in November
    164 last June

Seeing as paper 1 was found as difficult as paper 1 in June but paper 2 was easier I think we could see a rise in the grade boundaries.

November is difficult because there are so many less people, and most of them are aiming for a C.

I was just looking at the results stats from last November, they only gave 0.6% an A* grade and 3.something % an A*/A grade (cumulative). With only around 30% of people achieving a grade C.

I think you can be safe with 130/200 for an A. What do you think you got?

ReputationRep:
    i think i got around 135-145

ReputationRep:
    ur smart and whats ur ethnicity? Im indian wbu

ReputationRep:
    Mr M are u an edexcel examiner?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the fuel question please

ReputationRep:
    I've heard alot of people missed the last question on the calc where the blank page normally is, luckily I saw it.

ReputationRep:
    I think you can be safe with 130/200 for an A. What do you think you got?[/QUOTE]

I think I may have squeezed into the 130 mark if I'm lucky just hoping now that the hard work pays off.

ReputationRep:
    me around 140

ReputationRep:
    i think last november paper seems harder, yet the grade boundary for an A was 132? I think it might rise

ReputationRep:
    There's no use predicting grade boundaries. It is based upon the whole country. And as I've already said, they only give A or above to about 4% due to the fact that there really aren't many people reaching the marks for the grades. Therefore, they usually will just keep the A* and A grade boundaries pretty similar for the November series unless there is a massive difficulty. There is no use worrying.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 16, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.