Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    I'm actually amazed how many people get rolled by this constant frauding :ahee:
    Not gonna lie i think the way he goes about it is sometimes funny he sounds a bit serious bit then is like he hasnt got enough each month to buy an iphone, lol at everyone who thinks hes serious. Do u think he actually got a first from Oxford in Medicine? I think hes actually telling the truth about that lol which make his threads even sader!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trevormacdonald)
    Not gonna lie i think the way he goes about it is sometimes funny he sounds a bit serious bit then is like he hasnt got enough each month to buy an iphone, lol at everyone who thinks hes serious. Do u think he actually got a first from Oxford in Medicine? I think hes actually telling the truth about that lol which make his threads even sader!
    No

ReputationRep:
    You spend £200 on clothes a month?! :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    How can parents kick their own son/daughter out of the house.

Gora Parents, I guess
    Probably one of the best things white families have got going for them tbh. The threat of being kicked out looming over them is the kick up the arse many Asian lads could do with to get their heads screwed on and prevent them from turning out spoilt and useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    My parents visited me at my flat this morning. They were in a bad mood - or at least my mum was. They started having a go at me about my spending and stuff.

They made some ludicrous point about how I am earning so I should be paying rent even though we agreed I was keeping their flat safe for them.

And then the unthinkable happened - they effectively kicked me out of the house. They are demanding that I pay £480 a month to live in their flat.

Just don't know what to think right now, feeling kinda numb.
    You did nothing wrong and anyone who says otherwise is a retard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Nice picture , makes TheonlyMrsHolmes one look gay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    Nice picture , makes TheonlyMrsHolmes one look gay
    That makes a lot of sense! thank you for that intriging insight. -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    The OP sounds like a fantasist and yet people are taking time out to be his financial advisor and concerned parent.
    Must be a slow day.
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    I'm actually amazed how many people get rolled by this constant frauding :ahee:
    Good clothes are expensive! Take these jeans I bought last month

http://www.7forallmankind.co.uk/en_e...im/skinny.html

ReputationRep:
    You parents bought you a 100k car lmao so shh.
    shots fired. dead :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    what do your friends think of your situation?
    I don't discuss the situation with them at length because they might get upset. A lot of them are not making end's meet as doctor. I find that I can vent on TSR and even though people are judgemental, there are some sympathetic people too.

ReputationRep:
    My parents visited me at my flat this morning. They were in a bad mood - or at least my mum was. They started having a go at me about my spending and stuff.

They made some ludicrous point about how I am earning so I should be paying rent even though we agreed I was keeping their flat safe for them.

And then the unthinkable happened - they effectively kicked me out of the house. They are demanding that I pay £480 a month to live in their flat.

You should be feeling numb now baby.

I agree with all the other posts. Go get your own crib!

Listen to your father too.

ReputationRep:
    IDK why this guy gets so much hate. Behind Every successful man is a pack of haters. You sir are truly awesome and as for the rent just pay it bro. I know it does not seem right as you had an agreement but **** happens. You should be more grateful for what you have but you probably worked hard and deserve what you have. We need more people like you in this world!

ReputationRep:

Lol, and this kid be saying his cousin scrounges off his parents. Top kek
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    This makes things so difficult for me. Just think every month I am paying £1100 out of my salary now - £600 car and £500 crib.
    Last month,

Income stream 1 = £2650
    Income stream 2 = £850

Total 3500

Outgoings (potential from next month)

Car 600
    Rent 500
    Clothes 200
    Transport & Fuel 600
    Food 600
    Bills 200

= £2700 ish

I'd have only £800 left after all essential expenses.

That is not even enough to buy an iPhone.
    I'm not gonna sugarcoat this, because you seem to have been mollycoddled your whole life.

Grow up. Boo hoo you won't be able to buy a ****ing iPhone. So fricking what? Welcome to the real world - you gotta stop living on your pedestal and start thinking about stuff.

You have £800 every month to play with. There are people I know that have to survive on £200 a month.

EDIT:

Oh, and actually looking at that maths - it'd be easy to push that £800 up to £1275 at least!

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how you spend £600 per month on food? That's £150 a week, seems a lot for one person. Thats what my family used to spend for 3 of us... £200 a month on clothes? Is it necessary, no. Don't say that is essential expenses, because its not, if you were sensible you wouldn't be spending so much.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ellis-14)
    I don't see how you spend £600 per month on food? That's £150 a week, seems a lot for one person. Thats what my family used to spend for 3 of us... £200 a month on clothes? Is it necessary, no. Don't say that is essential expenses, because its not, if you were sensible you wouldn't be spending so much.
    I can understand London being a little more expensive but not that much! We don't even spend £150 a week for 4.

As for the clothes.... Don't get me started!

He has no concept of money

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeh ok I accept, I possibly have a bit of a spending problem when it comes to food and clothes. Even so, it takes a while to break bad habits and my parents have thrust this extra 500 per month bill on me totally unexpectedly!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Yeh ok I accept, I possibly have a bit of a spending problem when it comes to food and clothes. Even so, it takes a while to break bad habits and my parents have thrust this extra 500 per month bill on me totally unexpectedly!
    I think it's the kick up the arse you needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    I'm clearly dong something wrong here. I don't pay any rent; but pay some £156 council tax per year. I receive just over £250 a week and after all bills (including food) are paid, tend to have a fair amount left over. Ok, I don't drive; but still.

Many peoples wages after tax and NI are just over £800 a month.
    £156 a year for council tax?! I spend nearly that a month...

ReputationRep:
    How are people still falling for this? :lol:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.