The Student Room Group

Sciences Po PSIA Applications for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
No, I haven't officially joined the fb group yet as I am still awaiting the final decision. I know my chances of getting accepted w/ a scholarship is pretty slim due to the high competition but Sci Po is my top choice so it'd be a dreams come true if that happens!
Reply 101
Haven't joined the fb group yet either. What program(s) have you guys applied to?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 102
I applied to Master's in International Development. how about you?
Reply 103
I applied to Master's in International Economic Policy.
Reply 104
I got my answer today, guys, unfortunately it's a rejection. I'm just letting u know to check yours : ) . Best of luck !
Hello all,

received confirmation for the MA in International Security today but the Dual Degree (with LSE) says 'pending'. Has anyone received confirmation for the Dual Degree? And does anyone know by when we should be expecting results (at the latest)? I remember them mentioning mid-Feb as the latest date but now not sure whether they were referring to the single course.

Cheers and good luck to you all!
Reply 106
I was admitted today for their MID program. 3PL, I'm deeply sorry to hear the news, but hope that other decisions you are still waiting for are favorable! ferderser, I believe the dual degree results do not come out until march.
+1 on ferderser's question: Hi all, did anyone else apply to the Dual Degree with LSE? Any idea on approximate time lines for hearing results from that one? It was my first and only choice. Also did anyone who did apply for the Dual Degree with LSE ever get any update/ "admissable" email for that program? I have so far not gotten anything- my online system says "Your application is currently under review by Sciences Po." Many Thanks in advance for any additional insight!
Reply 108
To those who've applied (and particularly those who've already been accepted!) - what other supporting documents did you send in with your app? Any writing samples, essays..? I'm not sure if it's worth sending in any extra; I have several essays that I did well on that I think I could attach, but since it's not necessary I'm worried that if I attach an essay and they don't like it it will just harm my application unnecessarily... very convoluted haha, but I've got in my head about it now and it's stressing me out a bit!

I'm applying (very last minute, only 20 days left!) to the Sciences Po-Peking University Dual Masters in International Security and a Masters in International Security.

And a bit of a long shot but has anyone done the Sciences Po - Peking dual degree? Or know anyone who has? Or even know some other place I could look for info on it? I've studied Chinese so I think I might have a bit of a chance to get in but I can't find a shred of info about it online from someone whose done it, only the official uni info!

Thanks for any help you guys can give, and best of luck to those still waiting for an acceptance!
Reply 109
I'll be applying in 2-3 years. Good luck everyone!
Reply 110
Hey guys so I e-mailed the admission committee to inquire when we will hear back regarding the Emile Boutmy scholarship and they said I will hear back by the end of April.. but the deadline to accept the offer is March 22.. How do they expect students to make an informed decision without knowing funding information..? :frown:
Hi all just reposting my question from above here: did anyone else apply to the Dual Degree with LSE? Any idea on approximate time lines for hearing results from that one? It was my first and only choice. Also did anyone who did apply for the Dual Degree with LSE ever get any update/ "admissable" email for that program? I have so far not gotten anything- my online system says "Your application is currently under review by Sciences Po." Many Thanks in advance for any additional insight!
Successful! :-) Over the moon.
Original post by camaieu
Successful! :-) Over the moon.

That´s great! congratulations! If I may ask, when exactly did you submit your application?
Congratulations to all of you first!
I also received an email that I got accepted to the PSIA program for 2016-17 program.

But I am now wondering about the process of accepting the offer from Sciences Po.
I realized that I have to decide whether to accept the offer or not within 40 days.
Apparently this program is the most attractive one for me but I also need to see the results of all the scholarships that I have been applying to. These results will come out on April or May.

For those who already accepted the offer, do you guys have to pay the tuition fee or something?

Thank you!
Original post by supreme02
Congratulations to all of you first!
I also received an email that I got accepted to the PSIA program for 2016-17 program.

But I am now wondering about the process of accepting the offer from Sciences Po.
I realized that I have to decide whether to accept the offer or not within 40 days.
Apparently this program is the most attractive one for me but I also need to see the results of all the scholarships that I have been applying to. These results will come out on April or May.

For those who already accepted the offer, do you guys have to pay the tuition fee or something?

Thank you!

I have the same query. As far as I'm aware, accepting the offer doesn't commit you to paying there and then. So accepting, and then having to decline if you are unsuccessful in securing funding, ought not to disadvantage you. I've e-mailed the admissions office and I'll let you know when I hear back. They're surprisingly quick for a French institution! When I lived there, I learned not to expect expediency, haha.
Original post by camaieu
I have the same query. As far as I'm aware, accepting the offer doesn't commit you to paying there and then. So accepting, and then having to decline if you are unsuccessful in securing funding, ought not to disadvantage you. I've e-mailed the admissions office and I'll let you know when I hear back. They're surprisingly quick for a French institution! When I lived there, I learned not to expect expediency, haha.

Oh okay. Thank you for your reply! Please let me know if you get the reply from the school. (btw I didn't know that it is unusual to get a quick response from a French institution haha)
Original post by supreme02
Oh okay. Thank you for your reply! Please let me know if you get the reply from the school. (btw I didn't know that it is unusual to get a quick response from a French institution haha)

Haha, it might just have been my personal experience when I lived there, but I found that most bureaucratic exercises were often long and painfully drawn out. Thankfully SP doesn't seem like that! :smile:
Original post by amanda26
That´s great! congratulations! If I may ask, when exactly did you submit your application?

Sorry, I didn't see this yesterday. My application was submitted on the 20th of November, and my references uploaded their documents on the 17th December. I received an e-mail saying that my application was "admissible" in mid-January :smile:
Reply 119
how are people planning on financing their studies. specifically interested in non-French EU students. Also what other universities have people applied to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending