Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Arabs of TSR,do you guys watch musalsal? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My favourite show, always watching it.

Every tea time, got my falafel, red keffiyeh on my head, thawb and Ray-Bans, because everything is better with Ray-Bans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    That's great but it's still not exactly enriching stuff, and the storylines are often as controversial (read: negative/angst-ridden) as possible, which can affect the psychology of the audience. We don't need that negative energy in our lives, we get enough of it from the news etc :rolleyes: I actually favour reality TV over soaps
    Like keeping up with the kardashians? High five sistaaaa :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Tin Tin goes to Saudia Arabia was pretty good.
    Is that even a thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Is that even a thing?
    it was a joke but yes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Black_Gold

i like my jokes to be scientifically correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    it was a joke but yes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_Black_Gold

i like my jokes to be scientifically correct
    What about Tin tin goes to the Emirates,it should be a thing

ReputationRep:
    What about Tin tin goes to the Emirates,it should be a thing
    that is like soooooooooooo 2015

ReputationRep:
    I know this is directed at the Arabs but I used to watch plenty of musalsalat back in the day but not anymore but I do like Turkish musalsalat

ReputationRep:
    Like keeping up with the kardashians? High five sistaaaa :mmm:
    Hell to the no, too contrived/centred on questionable characters with dubious values :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Hell to the no, too contrived/centred on questionable characters with dubious values :hmmm:
    But they're successful business women and apparently a role model for some.

ReputationRep:
    What's it about? And also what's bab al amr about? That's a place in Syria :mad:
    Al kabeer is about a stereotypical upper Egyptian not sure what bab al amr is though

ReputationRep:
    But they're successful business women
    Successful in the sense that they make a lot of money out of sheeple by glamorising a vaccuous, superficial, and otherwise morally questionable lifestyle? :congrats:

..apparently a role model for some
    Not sure I'd want e.g. a daughter of mine thinking of Kim as a role model, are you? :erm: (like I say, society is sick, and like you say: 'y'all need the bible')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    BRUH i'm watching it now
    excellent

ReputationRep:
    Successful in the sense that they make a lot of money out of sheeple by glamorising a vaccuous, superficial, and otherwise morally questionable lifestyle? :congrats:

Not sure I'd want e.g. a daughter of mine thinking of Kim as a role model, are you? :erm: (like I say, society is sick, and like you say: 'y'all need the bible')
    In a sense that they work hard for their money although I don't think that is the case at all.

Hell no! They're 'christians',they don't promote drugs or smoking,they inspire other girls to succeed I don't think of them as role models and yes y'all need Jesus :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    Al kabeer is about a stereotypical upper Egyptian not sure what bab al amr is though
    Omg you said you watched bab Al amr last time :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    that would take forever hannah. too many good ones, ermmm..I'm a John Abraham fan because he does a lot of neo-noir and crime thrillers. But he can also sing so his films like Force, Desi Boyz, Idk there's loads just look him up.

Then there's Amitabh Bachchan who's like the Al Pacino of India, but Idk if you'd be into his films

Then of course there's Shahrukh Khan so like Dil Se, Happy New Year is fun but it's not one of his best; I like Don/Don II. Idk if they're subtitled as I don't really need the subs but perhaps on Youtube they might provide it :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Omg you said you watched bab Al amr last time :rofl:
    real? O_o I watched bab al7arra but not that

ReputationRep:
    In a sense that they work hard for their money although I don't think that is the case at all
    You don't think what's the case, that they work hard for it? :holmes:

They're 'christians', they don't promote drugs or smoking
    Alcohol is a drug, and you know what the bible says about greed/vanity/material wealth, not to mention promiscuety :naughty:

they inspire other girls to succeed
    They inspire girls to be attention seeking, self-objectifying bimbos who make interracial sextapes. Who wouldn't want that kind of 'success' for their daughter :mute:

I don't think of them as role models
    Good, because if you did that would render you a strange individual, with some rather warped values (as above), in my estimation :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    You don't think what's the case, that they work hard for it? :holmes:

Alcohol is a drug, and you know what the bible says about greed/vanity/material wealth, not to mention promiscuety :naughty:

They inspire girls to be attention seeking, self-objectifying bimbos who make interracial sextapes. Who wouldn't want that kind of 'success' for their daughter :mute:

Good, because if you did that would render you a strange individual, with some rather warped values (as above), in my estimation :pierre:
    Exactly,what's so hard about their lifestyle? I can understand that they have to attend interviews and do regular shoots and promote their products and go to book signings but it all sounds like a walk in the park.

Modern day parents who also agree with them I don't know what's motivating about getting recognised and making one's family rich because of a sex tape. The also help raise the Armenian genocide issue,but that's more of a cultural thing.

Don't worry,I'm not supportive of their lifestyle

ReputationRep:
    it all sounds like a walk in the park
    Indeed so, indeed so. They should try truding across a couple of continents just to setup camp at Calais. I feel so sorry for these poor wretches now also battling the elements as winter closes in as they attempt to make it into/cross Europe :sad:

Modern day parents who also agree with them
    Aka, white trash parents, who will spawn the next geneation of chavs :borat:

The also help raise the Armenian genocide issue, but that's more of a cultural thing
    If they do some quality/deep awareness raising then kudos, but I wouldn't know as my knowledge of that clan is extremely limited

Don't worry, I'm not supportive of their lifestyle
    Pleased to hear it, although I'm aware that your ilk are easily seduced by it, and in some ways I can't say I blame you. This topic actually relates strongly to the secret project I'm working on right now as it happens :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Tru tru, every1 wants dem sexc arabz

LOOOL :rofl:. come lets get some shawarma habibi :sexface:

yes m8 a level student m7+1
    oh sweet m9 habititi. i make a mean shawarm with spicy harrisa fam u kno.

a levellular? snap. u year 12 noob or stronk year 13?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.