The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

America is beautiful
Lol you think the way I think as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
From my experience, history is the only thing the UK has going for it, the people are too proud and are somehow still miserable and have no lack of sarcasm, the politicians have to regard for their constituents and frankly I would rather be anywhere else (within reason so Europe and the Northern Americas).

I like history but the UK is too focused on the past IMO. I'm proud of our traditions but there is a reason the UK is falling behind in many areas

maggie43
I thought I was the only person who thought this

A lot of people have agreed ITT or given me reps for the op so you're not alone lol
Original post by Fat Rudeboi

@Fat Rudeboi Where would be your ideal place/s to live?
I haven't lived in Newcastle. Is there a lot going for young people?

@TSR Mustafa have you lived in Amsterdam?

@katemate98 Noticed that myself earlier :lol: Bill_Gates has posted a lot of stuff I agree with in response to the other part of your post

It was voted number one city in Europe for nightlife (if that's what you enjoy) and there's lots of natural beauty and countryside if you enjoy that. The only proper city in the north east is Newcastle so everywhere else revolves around it, so the city centre (although it's smaller than expected) is very dense with things to do. When it comes to youth culture most of it comes from the cities 3 educational institutes which are very close to each other (Newcastle College,Northumbria Uni and Newcastle Uni).
Original post by MrKmas508
It was voted number one city in Europe for nightlife (if that's what you enjoy) and there's lots of natural beauty and countryside if you enjoy that. The only proper city in the north east is Newcastle so everywhere else revolves around it, so the city centre (although it's smaller than expected) is very dense with things to do. When it comes to youth culture most of it comes from the cities 3 educational institutes which are very close to each other (Newcastle College,Northumbria Uni and Newcastle Uni).

Thanks! What are the people like? Typical friendly Northerner?
Its a great country. Shame its being ruined by the liberals.
Thanks! What are the people like? Typical friendly Northerner?

Yeah quite friendly. Usual stereotype.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Toronto and Vancouver two of the best cities in the world right now. It's not even cold in vancouver and only rarely extreme chills in Toronto.

I'd much prefer someone to answer with experience. P.S it's people like you who make Britain depressing. People just full of patriotic ****** and narrow minded views. No wonder this country is lagging.

Have you ever actually been to either? Toronto is like a **** New York and Vancouver a **** Sidney. Have you ever actually lived outside this country?

So full of bull**** its untrue.

Only rarely extreme chills in Toronto? You're out of your ****ing mind. Everything freezes in November and doesn't melt again until April. Its miserable as ****.
Reply 108
Toronto isn't as bad as you seem to think, yes it snows but obviously you're prepared for that if you want to live there. I agree about the **** New York thing though, they've tried to make it New York but on a low budget it seems. It doesn't have the same character or grit as New York which is a shame.

[QUOTE=cole-slaw;60562469]Have you ever actually been to either? Toronto is like a **** New York and Vancouver a **** Sidney. Have you ever actually lived outside this country?

So full of bull**** its untrue.

Only rarely extreme chills in Toronto? You're out of your ****ing mind. Everything freezes in November and doesn't melt again until April. Its miserable as ****.
F**k yeah baby
Original post by saeed97
Its a great country. Shame its being ruined by the liberals.

and immigrants...
I hate the UK it's awful. The only thing I like is the healthcare aspect. I wish I was born in America and had a life like every American high school film ever made

Or Australia
Original post by AW97
Toronto isn't as bad as you seem to think, yes it snows but obviously you're prepared for that if you want to live there. I agree about the **** New York thing though, they've tried to make it New York but on a low budget it seems. It doesn't have the same character or grit as New York which is a shame.

Its not a bad place at all, I gave serious consideration to going to university there as I like North America and have lived there before. Its just no better or worse than any other large North American city.
Original post by KingKoala
Yeah I really want to move to the Netherlands after I finish Uni. :smile:

Do you have any particular place in NL in mind?
I've spent about a year in Canada and people there just seem much happier than people in the UK. I've also lived in Scotland and England and I found people in Scotland seem to be less depressive than people in England .That could be just my experience though.

If I could I'd move to Canada permanently but the job situation is a bit of a problem just now. Maybe one day...
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Am I the only person here who actually loves living in Britain?

No, I love it too. I love what it could be, and I love our ancient brythonic and goidelic heritages.
I hate living in Britain, or more precise London..
Thank God I'm moving out of uni for London. But I honestly don't see myself living in the UK in like, hmm 10 years time. But I have no idea where to go.
Original post by maggie43
South London. Croydon

Posted from TSR Mobile

same :frown:
I love living here, I was born here and my parents moved to England when they were young from Pakistan. Having listened to stories by them, I have never been so grateful to be raised in such a liberal country and go to a great university. Of course, the weather pisses me off when its cold, but when the suns out, I love eating magnums at the park and throwing bread at ducks. If you don't like living here, its understandable, other countries have greater things about them but I'll always prefer home over them.
Original post by maryamzahid
I love living here, I was born here and my parents moved to England when they were young from Pakistan. Having listened to stories by them, I have never been so grateful to be raised in such a liberal country and go to a great university. Of course, the weather pisses me off when its cold, but when the suns out, I love eating magnums at the park and throwing bread at ducks. If you don't like living here, its understandable, other countries have greater things about them but I'll always prefer home over them.

Poor ducks :frown:

Latest