Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Nottingham GEM (A101) 2016 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tortious410)
    Interview here too! If you'd told me I'd get 4/4 interviews this time last year I'd never have believed you
    Same here! I still can't believe it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Men)
    Hey guys! I've posted on here before but just wanted to let everyone know that if you wanted to ask any questions about GEM at Nottingham feel free to ask away. I'm currently in my first year there so was in your shoes this time last year. Good luck!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for visiting! So many questions. How is it being one of a few grads with a lot of school leavers? And do you get any interaction with the grads in actual Nottingham?
    Also, did you get a group task at your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Woop. Just received confirmation of interview!

ReputationRep:
    Received here too! All the best guys!😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone.

Out of curiosity, on your work experience forms does it ask for references for your listed experiences? I'm applying later this year but will need to track down one or two people to confirm email addresses if they are needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThomasPassion)
    Thanks for visiting! So many questions. How is it being one of a few grads with a lot of school leavers? And do you get any interaction with the grads in actual Nottingham?
    Also, did you get a group task at your interview?
    Hi

Firstly for the first 18 months you are only with other grads and are based in a purpose built medical school in Derby off of the royal Derby hospital. We don't really see any of the undergrads from nottingham until CP1 which is your first clinical placement.

In regards to interviews I'm not really allowed to talk about that as it would provide unfair advantages to people. They are nothing to worry about though and you'll get more info in the interview packs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themightylaa)
    Well done everyone.

Out of curiosity, on your work experience forms does it ask for references for your listed experiences? I'm applying later this year but will need to track down one or two people to confirm email addresses if they are needed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It asks for a contact name and number/email for each listed experience IIRC

ReputationRep:
    So pleased to have an interview can't wait for the interview pack! 👍🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got my interview pack this morning. Anyone else interviewing on the 6th April?

ReputationRep:
    Just got my interview pack this morning. Anyone else interviewing on the 6th April?
    6th April at 3.40! That's my last interview date through- such a bizarre feeling.

ReputationRep:
    6th April at 11:10

ReputationRep:
    6th April at 9:30 Guess I may have to stay overnight somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Just had my pack through (albeit dripping wet) 22nd March at 3.40

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else for the 22nd of March at 1110?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_JW95)
    6th April at 11:10
    Same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13yilde)
    Same!
    See you there then

ReputationRep:
    no post for me today, kinda embarrassed at how ridiculously impatient I am just waiting for the post man by the window...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else for the 21st March (11.10am)?

Crazy to think that in 8 weeks time this entire application process will be over! Good luck with interviews everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophia08)
    no post for me today, kinda embarrassed at how ridiculously impatient I am just waiting for the post man by the window...
    We have to confirm attendance on this website:
    http://gem.nottingham.ac.uk/confirm/

It tells you the interview date and time and I couldn't help but notice that my interview confirmation number was just my UCAS ID Number...

Worth a try?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuronerd)
    We have to confirm attendance on this website:
    http://gem.nottingham.ac.uk/confirm/

It tells you the interview date and time and I couldn't help but notice that my interview confirmation number was just my UCAS ID Number...

Worth a try?
    Ahh you're an absolute hero!!! Thank-you it worked!!

8th April 11:10am

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.