Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Asian/Muslim teens - are you allowed to live away for uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamranhyder)
    Good shout if you do have any questions regarding the ucas process, student finance or nursing in general feel free to pm me. Which unis are you thinking of applying for?
    I'll pm you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safiyyah98)
    Haha yeah, my mum doesn't mind and I think its cuz he's scared I'll go astray. I am applying for child nursing wbu?
    I applied for chem eng i hope u get far but he shouldnt be like that ge should trust u enough to be independent what unis u applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiator12345)
    I applied for chem eng i hope u get far but he shouldnt be like that ge should trust u enough to be independent what unis u applying for?
    I don't think its me he doesn't trust, I just think he doesn't think it'll be safe. BCU, uni of ham, manchester, salford and wolverhampton. wbu?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its me he doesn't trust, I just think he doesn't think it'll be safe. BCU, uni of ham, manchester, salford and wolverhampton. wbu?
    Ive applied to manchester(interview) sheffield and hull ( recieved offers) leeds and nottingham wats ur firm?

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied to manchester(interview) sheffield and hull ( recieved offers) leeds and nottingham wats ur firm?
    btw i meant uni of Bham lol. omg wow Congratulations! my school haven't done our references yet so still waiting

ReputationRep:
    Thats a good uni as well theres no point in living away then haha, congrats!
    Exactly!!! InshaAllah you'll get your choices too

ReputationRep:
    I'm not Asian, but I am Muslim; my Mum would let me go wherever for University. She honestly doesn't mind and is just simply wonderful alhamdulillah c:

ReputationRep:
    btw i meant uni of Bham lol. omg wow Congratulations! my school haven't done our references yet so still waiting
    I bet u must be feeling so angry at ur school and inshallah ull get wer u want n u can move frm home lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SohaXO)
    Exactly!!! InshaAllah you'll get your choices too
    Thank you! Inshallah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M0nkey Thunder)
    I'm not Asian, but I am Muslim; my Mum would let me go wherever for University. She honestly doesn't mind and is just simply wonderful alhamdulillah c:
    Alhamdulillah you are very lucky! xx

ReputationRep:
    I bet u must be feeling so angry at ur school and inshallah ull get wer u want n u can move frm home lol
    Mate you have no idea!! Aw thank you Inshallah, and may Allah help you to get the right grades to get into your firm uni xx

ReputationRep:
    Mate you have no idea!! Aw thank you Inshallah, and may Allah help you to get the right grades to get into your firm uni xx
    Thank u and i wish the same for u inshallah xx

ReputationRep:
    I was on the verge of leaving home to go to uni accomodation (which my parents fully supported) but 26 days before uni i realised that i could not leave my mother and father. Im such a mummy's boy
    So i cancelled it and have been happily living at home while at uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    I was on the verge of leaving home to go to uni accomodation (which my parents fully supported) but 26 days before uni i realised that i could not leave my mother and father. Im such a mummy's boy
    Shabash Putr ✌️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamranhyder)
    Shabash Putr ✌️
    Translation pls

ReputationRep:
    Translation pls
    cute as a button

ReputationRep:
    My parents are very strict on some things but the complete opposite with other things. They trust me with this, and encourage me to leave home and see the world rather than lock me up in the small town I'm from. I like them a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank u and i wish the same for u inshallah xx
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    Your degree, your life.
    Lol simple but effective :P

ReputationRep:
    LOL I bet you are Pakistani? All pakistani boys are mama's boys :P

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.