Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

"Shootings" reported in central Paris. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    18 dead... how dreadful.

Vive la France, on est tous avec vous!

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it. He was killed today. There would have been no where near enough time to plan out these well coordinated attacks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Police Officials have confirmed at least 26 people dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    Why is it always France these days?
    They are allowing in many, many Muslims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    Doubt it. He was killed today. There would have been no where near enough time to plan out these well coordinated attacks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Multiple attackers, some or all still on the loose.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by billydisco)
    Why France though?
    (Original post by The Blue Axolotl)
    By attacking a country that had no direct link to his disposal - I think not.
    I can't speak for them obviously, but in the mind of a Jihadist they may see the attack as one by the West in general, rather than just the US. It may also be easier to perform these attacks in France.

Either way, this is just speculation.

ReputationRep:
    Heart goes out to all the victims and families. Francois Hollande nearby, could suggest the attacks were targeted at him. Possibly Islamic extremists considering the surge in attacks, or a gang attack.

Also pointing out that those wanting to kill every muslim in Europe for the few committing attacks, you are promoting terrorism. Terrorism isn't just about Islam, it's about everyone, and killing innocent people is terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    huh? is that sarcasm?

We are from Ghana and Ghana is quiet split with regards to religion...some of my family are muslim whilst most are catholic....we choose to follow the catholic way, my cousins the muslim way...is that problem or something?
    No sarcasm, just a question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blue Axolotl)
    I never said only muslims I said MOST, so learn to read before throwing your toys out the pram and accusing people of ignorance.

And besides, the attacks carried out in Europe over the last decade have been carried out by jihadi MUSLIMS.

On your bike.
    Haha babes, "most" is a word typically used for generalisations. So no I don't need to stop accusing people of ignorance, when ignorance is present. Maybe you should stop accusing "most" Muslims on being terrorists. Maybe try using this thing called Google, to research the percentage of these Muslims terrorists.

Now on YOUR bike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203. I wonder who's responsible? Any takers?
    I smell curry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    so we should kill every muslim right?
    You sound as though you support these muslims, you can **** of too

ReputationRep:
    Guardian live feed

http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...ern-paris-live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    There won't even be any protests, nothing.
    The French not protesting? Unheard of!

ReputationRep:
    35 dead
    100 hostages taken

this is going to be a very long life for sanity and reason

ReputationRep:
    5 gunners seen in theatre alone with 2 other incidents across Paris. Likely a large scale operation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    No sarcasm, just a question.
    did my answer make sense? are weirdo's or something?

ReputationRep:
    watch sky news live, best coverage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironandbeer2)
    Well such people are just as insanely thick as the terrorists, aren't they? I wish all the thickos would go somewhere and beat each other to death.
    Indeed they would be. I am just saying that this won't be the last of the violence.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Retaliation for the drone strike on Jihadi John?
    Thankfully these terrorists are not well organised or equipped enough to be carrying out attacks for such specific reasons, it is why we don't see revenge attacks on anniversary dates. If a cell has the weapons and men to carry out an attack they will do it as soon as possible, rather than wait for something to retaliate to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I smell curry.
    Leave the Hindus alone, it's not them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.