And I'm sure I'll be able to double that list in failures

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably true.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by United1892)
    Probably true.
    Terrorists being defeated is the exception, not the rule.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It is becoming painfully clear that the situation in france is going to get worst

lastest news
    - Trains Derails
    - Passport Found
    - 1 Gunman was French

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    True , it really frustrates me i used to think Islam is a " peaceful religion " and i am sure the majority of Muslims living in Europe are not extremists and are perfectly decent people but as soon as i think this some extreme Muslims have to prove some people right in saying Islam is not a peaceful region and therefore it needs removing of the face of the earth it may be harsh but its true
    We have to remember that there are 1.6bn Muslims in the world and growing. Thankfully as you say most of them are peaceful, non-extreme people - but there is simply no way to erradicate the religion regardless of what we want to do. The only thing we can do is work to counter radicalisation and ensure there is as much security as possible to deter the plans of those who are willing to enact violence. As difficult as it is, the only way to do this is to ensure we don't blame Muslims as a whole or their religion; push the message as much as possible that these actions are unislamic; and restate our beliefe that fundamentally the vast majority of Muslims have good moral values, beliefs, traditions and cultures which are entirely compatible with western lifestyles. Target the actual extremeists, sure, but we have to in tandem with that work to try and make sure as few people as possible (around the world, not just in Britain) are radicalised in the first place.

Your quote below also underlines why being anti-immigration isn't the answer: western citizens themselves are being radicalised which removes any purpose from this. It will only serve to increase tensions and the chances of further extremeist activity.

It is becoming painfully clear that the situation in french is going to get worst

lastest news
    - Trains Derails
    - Passport Found
    - 1 Gunman was French
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    We have to remember that there are 1.6bn Muslims in the world and growing. Thankfully as you say most of them are peaceful, non-extreme people - but there is simply no way to erradicate the religion regardless of what we want to do. The only thing we can do is work to counter radicalisation and ensure there is as much security as possible to deter the plans of those who are willing to enact violence. As difficult as it is, the only way to do this is to ensure we don't blame Muslims as a whole or their religion; push the message as much as possible that these actions are unislamic; and restate our beliefe that fundamentally the vast majority of Muslims have good moral values, beliefs, traditions and cultures which are entirely compatible with western lifestyles. Target the actual extremeists, sure, but we have to in tandem with that work to try and make sure as few people as possible (around the world, not just in Britain) are radicalised in the first place.

Your quote below also underlines why being anti-immigration isn't the answer: western citizens themselves are being radicalised which removes any purpose from this. It will only serve to increase tensions and the chances of further extremeist activity.
    I Am Not being Anti Immigration i am saying we need to wiped the poisonous ideology and the extreme islamic fundamentalist off the face of the earth ... there is no place for hatred of western cultures in europe therefore we need to combat and take direct action against ISIL and other terrorist groups We cant just let this slide by

UPDATE - Train derail not linked to attacks
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It is becoming painfully clear that the situation in france is going to get worst

lastest news
    - Trains Derails
    - Passport Found
    - 1 Gunman was French
    Is the Strasbourg derailment at all linked, or just an unfortunate coincidence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Seem to be a coincidence.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It seems there is a police operation in Brussels as well, I make that 5 countries affected now:
    France (goes without saying)
    UK (Gatwick evacuation and gunman arrest)
    Germany (Vehicle intercepted in Bavaria last week)
    Netherlands (Schiphol evacuaction?)
    Belgium (Police operation in Brussels)

I have a feeling Paris may turn out to be the tip of an iceberg.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The Train Incident is believed to be NOT Linked to the Attacks on Paris

- French man arrested in Gatwick over having a firearm
    - Belgium police raid properties
    - Schools to open Monday
    - " Small number " of British people effected in France
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It seems there is a police operation in Brussels as well, I make that 5 countries affected now:
    France (goes without saying)
    UK (Gatwick evacuation and gunman arrest)
    Germany (Vehicle intercepted in Bavaria last week)
    Netherlands (Schiphol evacuaction?)
    Belgium (Police operation in Brussels)

I have a feeling Paris may turn out to be the tip of an iceberg.
    I Think you may be right , if we dont take action tragedies like this will happen more often unfortunately
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    From BBC News

Raids in Belgium 'connected to Paris attacks'Posted atPolice are searching a neighbourhood of the Belgian capital Brussels in connection with the Paris attacks, Belgian network RTBF reports. A source told the channel up to three raids were being carried out.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Merkel calls for these attacks to not be linked to the migrant crisis.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Merkel calls for these attacks to not be linked to the migrant crisis.
    I Dont think the migrant crisis is mutually exclusive to these attacks

Belgium police arrest 1 man connected with attacks
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I Dont think the migrant crisis is mutually exclusive to these attacks

Belgium police arrest 1 man connected with attacks
    Given at least one attacker was a citizen of France it's important that it is not given all of the blame.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Given at least one attacker was a citizen of France it's important that it is not given all of the blame.
    Agreed , as much as i want all responsible dealt with , we cant blame anyone 100% responsible yet despite the fact IS Has claimed responsibility
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    - US Kill Head ISIS In Libya
    - 1 Briton Dead in attacks

ReputationRep:
    The government need to take action with the current immigrant 'refugee' crisis to ensure this doesn't happen again!

Liberté, égalité, fraternité

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I disagree. It's all about how you interpret something. You can interpret all religious texts in a peaceful or extreme way.

Given that approximately 0.003% of all muslims are members of ISIS, Al-Qaeda or Boko Haram, I'm willing to bet that Islam is a religion of peace with a few people interpreting it wrong to justify horrendous crimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Islam is not a peaceful religion.

Peaceful muslims are ordinary people who allow their common sense, humanity, and education to override their religious views; just like most christians have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    There you have it… I hope that people will finally wake up and realise what they've done and allowed to be done to Europe and take it back! I also hope that this encounter with the worst of human scum will make you, my colleagues, reconsider capital punishment.
    These suicide bombers are going to be so very scared of being executed this will be the end of terrorism!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Islam is not a peaceful religion.

Peaceful muslims are ordinary people who allow their common sense, humanity, and education to override their religious views; just like most christians have.
    I Argee how can you say Islam is a peaceful religion? You cant because its not therefore its needs to be wiped off the face of the earth

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.