Turn on thread page Beta

Is it time Europe bans Islam & muslim immigration? watch

ReputationRep:
    People are getting dumber and dumber, since when was it possible to ban an ideology? Islam isn't a tangible thing which you can ban, it exists in the mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    No, they are Muslim. They just follow a different interpretation than you.
    I disagree with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishy00)
    I disagree with that
    I disagree with you.

(Original post by KimKallstrom)
    You're right. For all we know it might be Aztecs or Flemish nationalists. Possibly Scientologists.
    I really don't see what this pointless sarcasm is going to accomplish. I stand by what I said: evidence is a better basis for determining culpability than speculation.

(Original post by driftawaay)
    I'm sorry but this is the most ridiculous comment I have read on here in a very long time. Everyone with half a brain cell knew this was an Islamic terrorist attack from the beginning.
    I'd say that the only people to conclude that with certainty would have half a brain cell at most. I really don't understand what all the objection is about -- I simply said that it's better to wait for the evidence than simply assume that it's an Islamic terrorist attack and start debating the consequences of it. The evidence has arrived in the meantime, and it was an Islamic terrorist attack. It's not, however, a vindication of the method of guilt-determination used by those who guessed correctly.

I doubt you would've said differently at the time of the dual terrorist attacks in Norway a few years back -- everybody with half a brain cell said it was an Islamic terrorist attack, but they were wrong. Granted, that's a minority, but it illustrates my point just fine: making unfounded assumptions based on 'common sense' or some other preposterous substitute for evidence is not acceptable when determining who's guilty of such a crime as this.

(Original post by Fidus Achates)
    Yes, this attack was clearly carried out by a bunch of Estonian ERASMUS students who got bored on a Friday night :rolleyes:

Stop talking utter tripe. This was clearly an Islamic attack, has been recognised as an Islamic attack and your nonsensical paragraph above is exactly that. Withdraw your head from your arse as you're as delusional as the morons who believe in this outdated 7th century backward ideology.
    Don't get your panties in a bunch. It hadn't been established at the time of my comment that it was an Islamic attack -- and no, it wasn't 'clearly' an Islamic attack. It's quite wonderful to see that you can't argue without resorting to a bunch of ad hominems and guilt by association. Just listen to what the **** you're saying. Asking for proper evidence instead of information you pulled out of your ass is equivalent to believing in Islam? Get a ****ing grip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)

I'd say that the only people to conclude that with certainty would have half a brain cell at most. I really don't understand what all the objection is about -- I simply said that it's better to wait for the evidence than simply assume that it's an Islamic terrorist attack and start debating the consequences of it. The evidence has arrived in the meantime, and it was an Islamic terrorist attack. It's not, however, a vindication of the method of guilt-determination used by those who guessed correctly.

I doubt you would've said differently at the time of the dual terrorist attacks in Norway a few years back -- everybody with half a brain cell said it was an Islamic terrorist attack, but they were wrong. Granted, that's a minority, but it illustrates my point just fine: making unfounded assumptions based on 'common sense' or some other preposterous substitute for evidence is not acceptable when determining who's guilty of such a crime as this.

Cool story but I am not here for the whole PC bull****. We al knew it was an Islamic terrorist attack all along and your 'let's not jump to conclusions' whining is completely pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blue Axolotl)
    Why is it so hard for Muslims not to accept some responsibility for the attacks - not only yesterday's, but Charlie Hebdo and 7/7 amongst others.

Why should white people take responsibility for slavery/the Crusades, when Muslims sit behind their PC walls on their Libertarian sun beds?

Wake up and smell the coffee.
    why should Muslims take responsibility for it, those people are not Muslims, from their actions you can tell they have never even opened a religious book!

Actions speak louder than words and they can say they are Muslims all they want but their actions show differently.

I don't think muslims should take responsibility for it, but they DEFINITELY need to condemn this and not let people that claim to be Muslim use Islam as a justification for their horrific actions and underlying agendas.

ReputationRep:
    After yet more terrible terror attacks in France is it time that Europe faces reality and bans Islam & muslim immigration to Europe, muslim attacks seems never ending, 9/11, 7/7, Lee Rigby, Madrid Bombings, Belgium attacks, Rotherham Abuse, Charlie Hebdo & now more attacks in Paris.

You see with this logic, you should be saying...

After such a genocide uprised by Hitler a Christian, 6 Million died. 6 Million tops all of your attacks death toll. I believe its time to face reality and ban Christian immigration into Europe.

Yet we are not retards, holding christians accountable for these acts. Please think before you post a braindead post

ReputationRep:
    I am an atheist and as such have on some level a problem with organised religion, be it Christianity, Judaism, Islam etc. However I will fight for the right for any other person to follow one of these religions if it is their wish. We should never condemn anyone for making a choice that it theirs to make. I therefore do have problems with Islam (as I do other religions) but my issues do not arise from acts of terror like we saw yesterday in Paris, these attacks are not carried out by anyone other that extremists that are not following any religion but a religion of terror. I do not necessarily believe muslims need to apologize for the actions of these terrorists as they are so far removed from believing the same thing that they cannot identify with them. Muslims across the continent are also scared and ashamed, to speak up is to be noticed, to be noticed risks persecution, from both sides. Islam is no more the reason for these attacks as Christianity is for the Northern Ireland troubles, or Judaism is for Israel's oppressive regime, or any other religion for and other war over time. These are wars fought by man, they are about power and control, using religious beliefs to back their otherwise hollow arguments. Religious or atheist, these people should not be condemned for their religion, but for their acts of terror.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Go jump off a bridge, scrotgrot.
    Spoken like a true Islamic State apologist. Maybe if he was a homosexual he wouldn't need to jump, he'd be pushed. Dumb backward ideology from the 7th century has no place in modern Europe whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    People are getting dumber and dumber, since when was it possible to ban an ideology? Islam isn't a tangible thing which you can ban, it exists in the mind
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    God this entire forum is filled with deluded retards, why don't some of you please go outside into the real world and then explain to me how you want to go about banning an entire religion, please do, please, honestly.

Easy. Just like nazism in germany.

ReputationRep:
    no, islam is a religion that condemns terrorism, it is simply unfair for people to begin to hold muslims all over accountable for mistakes that they never committed.
    Its time that we did do something more drastic against the people who did this, we need too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stella8991)
    why should Muslims take responsibility for it, those people are not Muslims, from their actions you can tell they have never even opened a religious book!

Actions speak louder than words and they can say they are Muslims all they want but their actions show differently.

I don't think muslims should take responsibility for it, but they DEFINITELY need to condemn this and not let people that claim to be Muslim use Islam as a justification for their horrific actions and underlying agendas.
    Omg I simply can't stand these fallacies...

They have the same book as you, and you know it.

How ironic that you say "actions speak louder than words". "True" Muslims aren't doing enough to prevent these attacks from happening... from preventing the radicalisation of their young and vulnerable.

THAT'S YOUR RESPONSABILITY.

I'm not putting blame on you... I'm simply saying that your religion allows the radicals to form. Your religion allows attacks like these to happen.

Religion is a joke, not just Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamzahid)
    no, islam is a religion that condemns terrorism, it is simply unfair for people to begin to hold muslims all over accountable for mistakes that they never committed.
    Its time that we did do something more drastic against the people who did this, we need too.
    It might well be, but Islam creates terrorism, it allows it almost, it facilitates it most of all.

This is the responsability Islam has, to RID of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    God this entire forum is filled with deluded retards, why don't some of you please go outside into the real world and then explain to me how you want to go about banning an entire religion, please do, please, honestly.
    As far as I'm concerned it's not even a Religion anymore, it's an ideology. All you hear about it nowadays is Politics, Politics and Politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eatpigeons)
    No but Scrapping the human rights charter is a good idea? Pls explain
    It does not work, it needs to be redrawn in a way that does not benefit those who wish to harm our societies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    You can't bring immigrants into your country with the premise that they will eventually become just like everybody else. People come from their continents with their own country which they have no intention of giving up on.
    I have literally no connection with the land of Sylhet, Bangladesh which my grandparents are from. I don't speak the language, nor do I care about the politics there any more than I would care about the politics of Venezuela, Haiti, or Laos. All I have is good food, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    They are right. It's time we stopped giving money to Muslim countries.

And food and medicine and technology and all the things that make the modern world, which through its backwardness they are unable to produce themselves.

Time to pull out of the camps stop the Aid let them survive on their own and the power of their God.
    Lets not forget how Islam Brought over:
    -Surgery
    -Coffee
    -The toothbrush
    -The worlds first University opened by a female Muslim
    -Hospitals
    -The flying machine
    -Algebra
    -The crank
    -Optics
    -Music
    If it wasn't for Isalm coming over to the Western world you guys wouldn't know how to wash yourselves or brush your teeth. So I suggest you sit your white butts down and keep quiet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishy00)
    I disagree with that
    Back up your opinions. I am a muslim, and so are ISIS. ISIS are deviant in my eyes because of how violent their interpretation is, but they are not non-muslims. The definition of a muslim is someone who believes in the kalima/shahadah. And they do believe in it. Being a muslim does not mean you are 'correct' in all religious matters, nor does it mean that you are morally 'good'. All it means is that you believe in the kalima.
    Whether or not ISIS are mu'mineen is another matter. There is no way that they are mu'mineen, in my opinion, which I'll back up if asked to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Blue Axolotl)
    It might well be, but Islam creates terrorism, it allows it almost, it facilitates it most of all.

This is the responsability Islam has, to RID of it.
    Agreed to some extent, but how can innocent muslims, normal muslims do something about this?
    Having studied religion in depth, I can tell you that people misconstrue it and make it something they use as a weapon against others.
    This shouldn't be the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imaanr)
    Lets not forget how Islam Brought over:
    -Surgery
    -Coffee
    -The toothbrush
    -The worlds first University opened by a female Muslim
    -Hospitals
    -The flying machine
    -Algebra
    -The crank
    -Optics
    -Music
    If it wasn't for Isalm coming over to the Western world you guys wouldn't know how to wash yourselves or brush your teeth. So I suggest you sit your white Arsenal down and keep quiet.
    First modern university. Aztecs and ancient greeks had universities too, although they were different. I'm not sure what flying machine you're talking about? Also, they brought music, yeah, but not 'music' as a whole, and the crank is not an invention by muslims. It was picked up from people in Syria who had cranks before Syria was conquered by the so called 'islamic' armies of the second caliph.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.