Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawyer12345)
    youre actually a really nice person, but then you say bigoted or narrow-minded things that makes everyone think you're crazy
    I am crazy. That shouldn't worry you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    I am crazy. That shouldn't worry you anyway.
    its just sad to see you coming across so bigoted when youre actually a nice person (deep down, perhaps )

ReputationRep:
    Any need in posting tat? your just going to get haters on pakistan....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawyer12345)
    its just sad to see you coming across so bigoted when youre actually a nice person (deep down, perhaps )
    I'm not bigoted. That's the way it is in general for Muslims. You can't really go further with your relationship until you open up to your parents about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    so you saying that just having some meeting up with a boy will tell the whole history of the person hahaha...
    what if i want to be in a relationship with the person I know since childhood and then later on, marry when i become old enough to marry...is this is a haram relationship?
    u cannot find out any person's history just in a month... that person may be wearing a mask and then later on when they married he may be totally an opposite person
    Lol well if you have an Asian family, they'll ask the guy his whole life history.

If you've grown up with a guy from your childhood, once you hit puberty you should distance yourself from him because he's your non mahram. If you want to get married to him then just let your family know and they can arrange it.

Anyone can change after marriage.
    You can grow up with someone your whole life, but one day you might find out they're not how you expected them to be.

Just save yourself a lot of trouble and do it the halal way
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Lol well if you have an Asian family, they'll ask the guy his whole life history.

If you've grown up with a guy from your childhood, once you hit puberty you should distance yourself from him because he's your non mahram. If you want to get married to him then just let your family know and they can arrange it.

Anyone can change after marriage.
    You can grow up with someone your whole life, but one day you might find out they're not how you expected them to be.

Just save yourself a lot of trouble and do it the halal way
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    i have to live with the person for my whole life... not my family
    they may don't care about his life history but i do... after all i have to leave my parents house and live with that person

ReputationRep:
    they may don't care about his life history but i do... after all i have to leave my parents house and live with that person
    Why you over thinking this? Come on man.
    If you don't like his family history or him then you can say no to the proposal. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    Why you over thinking this? Come on man.
    If you don't like his family history then you can say no to the proposal. Simple.
    i am not talking about that person's family... i am talking about the person
    and it's not easy to reject the proposal especially in the Asian family
    some don't even bother to ask your opinion

ReputationRep:
    Truth hurts.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to know every single thing about the person.
    Sure you need to know the important things, but you can find out the less important ones after marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    "Pakistan's president has denounced St Valentine's Day, saying the festival has no connection with Pakistani culture and should be avoided.President Mamnoon Hussain told students that it was a Western tradition and conflicted with Muslim culture.

"BBC NEWS
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35570606

Sol tolerant of our culture, how many billions of aid have we given Pakistan again? (Which they spend on their huge military)

Are you sh*tting me ? How does this have anything to do with foreign policy and geopolitics or do you just get off on inciting xenophobia?

ReputationRep:
    i am not talking about that person's family... i am talking about the person
    and it's not easy to reject the proposal especially in the Asian family
    That's true about some Asian families.
    But you're the one that will spend your whole life with him, so if you don't like the guy you can reject the proposal.
    They should ask for your opinion, forced marriages are prohibited in Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    That's true about some Asian families.
    But you're the one that will spend your whole life with him, so if you don't like the guy you can reject the proposal.
    They should ask for your opinion, forced marriages are prohibited in Islam.
    i am not into this at all
    i was just asking because that happens a lot
    i feel like my family is one of them, they may ask me after they accepted the proposal... that also happens
    but i am just concentrating on my studies and then i may marry the person i love when i think its the right time

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahahahah.

ReputationRep:
    But the Pakistani media reported how valentines day is being celebrated in Pakistan. In fact, so many dramas are made on it this valentines day. :/

ReputationRep:
    Did they take one of those massive "I luv u" teddies and behead it?

In other news, big ****ing surprise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setarcos)
    Hahaha, I can assure you that it is not banned in India, maybe frowned upon in rural areas but no where near being banned lol As an Indian Hindu, I know so many people that are out there in different parts of India celebrating it instead of protesting against it lol
    im from Indian too. when i heard it i didnt think any of it maybe they or me interpreted it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breadster™)
    Are you sh*tting me ? How does this have anything to do with foreign policy and geopolitics or do you just get off on inciting xenophobia?
    What?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.