Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Obviously no, the revolving door of VoNCs is getring silly, but at least you wrote a reason.

(Original post by jamestg)
    Aye.

Haven't seen anything really useful come out of the government. It's time for a Conservative PM here, two years since the last one.

MHoC needs a fresh face.
    I.e. My party lost so I'm going to cry like a toddler about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    You'd be humbled if you were present four years ago. The current output is pathetic compared to what we used to see around here (especially when Conservatives were in power). If you're not prepared to play the game properly, i.e. put some actual effort into research of government legislation, step aside, because we are.

I'm don't need virtual titles to inflate my ego and self-confidence. If you resign by the end of this week and make way for CON/UKIP, I'll let Nigel Farage MEP be the PM.
    What is this choose the bigot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    If you're being serious here then I don't support the motion of no confidence. I have more faith in a Blairite than Nigel Farage MEP to run a government.
    No, that's just if they resign. Alternatively, they can choose mobbsy91 as the PM.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If you're being serious here then I don't support the motion of no confidence. I have more faith in a Blairite than Nigel Farage MEP to run a government.
    Well we all know the aforementioned resignation will not happen, and it's a ststement about it not being a title grab, as it appears to be for some members. And why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    Obviously no, the revolving door of VoNCs is getring silly, but at least you wrote a reason.

I.e. My party lost so I'm going to cry like a toddler about it.
    They toys are out of the pram.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No, that's just if they resign. Alternatively, they can choose mobbsy91 as the PM.
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Well we all know the aforementioned resignation will not happen, and it's a ststement about it not being a title grab, as it appears to be for some members. And why?
    It's his views, having him make the call as to whatis government policy and what isn't just makes me tremble. I'd support a con-kip government with the tories firmly in control, working a bit like this Lablib government.

In all honesty though, I saw Rakas' bill thing and it turns out that output of bills is identical between the government and Con+Kip, and considering that the Government have also been producing statements and motions and whatnot, you haven't actually p[roven that you'll be more active, so I think it's unfair to include that in the motion, as much as I disagree with their policies their extra 1 or two seats give them a mandate.

ReputationRep:
    It's his views, having him make the call as to whatis government policy and what isn't just makes me tremble. I'd support a con-kip government with the tories firmly in control, working a bit like this Lablib government.

In all honesty though, I saw Rakas' bill thing and it turns out that output of bills is identical between the government and Con+Kip, and considering that the Government have also been producing statements and motions and whatnot, you haven't actually p[roven that you'll be more active, so I think it's unfair to include that in the motion, as much as I disagree with their policies their extra 1 or two seats give them a mandate.
    Fair enough.

As I said in the past, there really is no reason to waste our potential by being more active than the government when they're doing a shoddy job. We're stockpiling so that we're ready to launch a successful government. It isn't the role of the opposition to draft major policies and why would we even want to do that when we don't have enough votes to make sure they pass?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aye !

The government is not up to the job ... we a weak PM and a weak DPM Who both don't do anything and a weak cabient that does do anything ..... Aye Aye Aye we need a new government , we need a right wing goverment
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Fair enough.

As I said in the past, there really is no reason to waste our potential by being more active than the government when they're doing a shoddy job. We're stockpiling so that we're ready to launch a successful government. It isn't the role of the opposition to draft major policies and why would we even want to do that when we don't have enough votes to make sure they pass?
    Yet time and time again I've seen plenty of people within your party denouncing the government for claiming that they're doing/they've done plenty behind the scenes, also there's the fact that you won't automatically gain seats by going into government so the issue of votes will remain.

The platform for the MoNC isn't very strong.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.

How long have you been stockpiling for?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Aye !

The government is not up to the job ... we a weak PM and a weak DPM Who both don't do anything and a weak cabient that does do anything ..... Aye Aye Aye we need a new government , we need a right wing goverment
    You haven't yet shown at all that you'll be any more active or up to scratch than the current Government, and if you want a right wing Government then make sure that you get the votes for one.

I have decided that I am against this motion of no confidence, but should it pass I'd support a ConKip Government.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.

So we get criticised by the right for saying we're discussing stuff in the subforum, but the Tories 'stockpiling' is fine. The point of the House isn't passing bills, it's debating. The Tories 'stockpiling' due to perceived inability to pass something just means we don't get ideas to debate in a formal context from a Tory point of view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nebelbon)
    To sort this imbalance of 2 right wing and 4 left wing parties, why don't we make it so that each right wing vote actually counts as two votes? This will surely, and fairly, sort out the recurring issue of left leaning governments once and for all.
    So rather than trying to swing the electorate - you would prefer to subjectively give the right more votes? Cheeky

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Can I call a MoNC in the original proposers? Seems the arguments they're having out here is a 'tad bit doubtful for people who want to run the ' model ' government.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

What has tl be considered though is thst unlike IRL the PM has little influence in determining direction. It also has to be remembered that we don't keep saying something ks right around the corner, something the government does time again with either nothing or something that looks to have taken about 5 minutes. They then claim a lack of time but they have been in power in the region of 3000 hourzs, most things should not take more than an hour or two, even the budget proposed shouldnt have taken mlre than 3 or 4 and that's being generous imo.

(Original post by That Bearded Man)
    So rather than trying to swing the electorate - you would prefer to subjectively give the right more votes? Cheeky

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Absolutely, it is much easier this way!

And your fatal assumption is that the electorate will ever really change and that they won't just vote for their favourite irl party.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    What has tl be considered though is thst unlike IRL the PM has little influence in determining direction. It also has to be remembered that we don't keep saying something ks right around the corner, something the government does time again with either nothing or something that looks to have taken about 5 minutes. They then claim a lack of time but they have been in power in the region of 3000 hourzs, most things should not take more than an hour or two, even the budget proposed shouldnt have taken mlre than 3 or 4 and that's being generous imo.
    You can take that little time if your minimum is shoddy work.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Swing a tribal electorate that very likely don't read all the manifestos, if any? I want some of whatever youre ingesting.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    You can take that little time if your minimum is shoddy work.
    We tend to prefer not publishing for the sake of publishing, and nkt being in government with a commitment to do so we have no need to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nebelbon)
    Absolutely, it is much easier this way!

And your fatal assumption is that the electorate will ever really change and that they won't just vote for their favourite irl party.
    which is why we should ban the use of RL major party names

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.