Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA Sociology Unit 1 17/05 & Unit 2 23/05 - Official Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animaria)
    Yea it definitely can come up. I did an essay on it and it took me ages, heres an essay plan of how you would structure it..
    Pretty limited topic tbh I don't think it has ever come up before but you never know

ReputationRep:
    Really hoping demography doesn't come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animaria)
    Really hoping demography doesn't come up
    Oh yep.. same here. It's the topic I probably dislike the most in terms of writing an essay. If it's something specific such as the effects of an ageing population I feel like I could write three short-ish paragraphs at the most. There's just not much to talk about.. and I have like 4 or 5 studies for all of demography

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    Oh yep.. same here. It's the topic I probably dislike the most in terms of writing an essay. If it's something specific such as the effects of an ageing population I feel like I could write three short-ish paragraphs at the most. There's just not much to talk about.. and I have like 4 or 5 studies for all of demography
    The thing is everything has been asked so we don't know what can be repeated
    I will deffo rule out social policy and childhood for the essay questions...
    Which means the other topics are most likely to be the 24 markers
    If I was a betting woman I would say Theories of the family and couples would be the easy questions as demography and family diversity came up in 2014...but since this is the last year AQA may be mean and trick us lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    The thing is everything has been asked so we don't know what can be repeated
    I will deffo rule out social policy and childhood for the essay questions...
    Which means the other topics are most likely to be the 24 markers
    If I was a betting woman I would say Theories of the family and couples would be the easy questions as demography and family diversity came up in 2014...but since this is the last year AQA may be mean and trick us lol
    why rule out social policy and childhood? they're very likely to come up IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    why rule out social policy and childhood? they're very likely to come up IMO
    They are very unlikely to come up as essay questions
    They came up last year and since the syllabus was launched AQA have never repeated a question the year before and after.
    It's just a prediction lol
    Wait are you doing the new syllabus or the old one?

ReputationRep:
    They are very unlikely to come up as essay questions
    They came up last year and since the syllabus was launched AQA have never repeated a question the year before and after.
    It's just a prediction lol
    Wait are you doing the new syllabus or the old one?
    new spec

ReputationRep:
    My predictions (for the old spec)
    UNIT1:
    Domestic violence or division of labour
    feminist perspective on the family or functionalist perspective on the family
    Demography
    UNIT2:
    Gender differences in educational achievement
    Social class differences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariarose_)
    UNIT1:
    Demography
    UNIT2:
    Social class differences
    Functionalist came in 2013

ReputationRep:
    Any theories of what might be in this years exam?

ReputationRep:
    Functionalist came in 2013
    there is still a possibility that it can come up again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariarose_)
    UNIT1:
    Demography
    UNIT2:
    Social class differences
    can you predict the method in context and the research method section? this tend to be my weakest and this really pulled my grade down last year, anything on those?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what questions are on the aqa 2016 AS specimen paper that is locked to teachers as i have it as my mock exam, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Guys my teacher strongly advised me to go through old exam papers, similar questions come up even the specimen papers for the new spec have recycled questions! But obviously don't just rely on past papers do your fair share of revision too!!

ReputationRep:
    What's the best way to get an A*, A or grade overall guys? I'm taking both my AS and A2 together. Old specification AQA.Any advice would be much appreciated!!What do you have to do and how can you predict if you might get those grades or perhaps a B??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone explain how to do methods in context?! Teacher is useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachypoox)
    Anyone explain how to do methods in context?! Teacher is useless.
    I second this

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know website apart from the AQA one that have more past papers? AQA only have from 2013, i want 2012, 2011 etc

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any useful revision techniques for sociology? I'm finding it really hard especially since I have missed loads of lessons. Please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dying student)
    Does anyone have any useful revision techniques for sociology? I'm finding it really hard especially since I have missed loads of lessons. Please help
    Past papers I am assuming

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.