Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feminist reaction to kesha contract trial shows why it's scary to be accused of rape. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancini)
    The onus is on the accuser to prove a 'alleged' rapists guilt lol sorry but I have to pity you if you actually just believe a lady because she sheds few tears. Men you used to be hanged , inoccent men based on a women's tears, so excuse me for not following your bs.
    And women have never been killed based on what men have said? You might want to read a history book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    And women have never been killed based on what men have said? You might want to read a history book.
    Two wrongs make a right in your history book clearly, you are sick minded. What a silly way to comeback at me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    I do get that you don't think those people are feminists however it goes back to are Isis Muslim? People will have different answers and overall the term feminist has more branches now and radical feminism is the Isis of feminism, personally I say if someone identifies as a feminist they are one.

And like I have also said is germane Greer a feminist?
    But I don't think ISIS is really comparable to feminism because I don't think religion and political movements share the same boundaries. That ending sentence is stupid - I can say I'm a muslim and not believe in Allah at all.

I personally see her as a misandrist. Her life seems to be fixated on blaming men for everything. But I understand that the movement has sort of crowned her as their leader as it were and that shocks me which is why I don't deny that there's a third wave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    No, I wouldn't. I would agree that people are paying the most attention to radicals and they are the ones being given media coverage. I don't think the vast majority support those ideas.
    So you honestly don't think that mainstream feminism today isn't more hostile than it was in say the 1970s?

What do you make of this article?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/loui...b_3169754.html

Also what you said about feminism and Islamism not being comparable, you may find this interesting to read as well:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/04...ism-every-day/

ReputationRep:
    But I don't think ISIS is really comparable to feminism because I don't think religion and political movements share the same boundaries. That ending sentence is stupid - I can say I'm a muslim and not believe in Allah at all.

I personally see her as a misandrist. Her life seems to be fixated on blaming men for everything. But I understand that the movement has sort of crowned her as their leader as it were and that shocks me which is why I don't deny that there's a third wave.
    That's the problem she isn't for equality yet she is classed as a feminist and unfortunately just because you don't see her as one doesn't mean she isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Two wrongs make a right in your history book clearly, you are sick minded. What a silly way to comeback at me.
    I didn't say that. You seem to think it's okay to have sympathy with the guy who's been accused, but when I have sympathy with the woman apparently you pity me because I'm falling for crocodile tears. My point was you can't use the logic of 'men have been hanged because of women crying' to stop me feeling sympathy for the woman because the same logic 'women have been killed because of men accusing them of being witches' or 'more women have been killed by men than men by women' would stop you feeling sympathy for the accused man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    That's the problem she isn't for equality yet she is classed as a feminist and unfortunately just because you don't see her as one doesn't mean she isn't.
    And unfortunately, just because you do doesn't mean she is, mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke Kostanjsek)
    So you honestly don't think that mainstream feminism today isn't more hostile than it was in say the 1970s?

What do you make of this article?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/loui...b_3169754.html

Also what you said about feminism and Islamism not being comparable, you may find this interesting to read as well:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2015/04...ism-every-day/
    Mainstream implies popular, commonly associated with and respected. I don't think misandry is popular.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say that. You seem to think it's okay to have sympathy with the guy who's been accused, but when I have sympathy with the woman apparently you pity me because I'm falling for crocodile tears. My point was you can't use the logic of 'men have been hanged because of women crying' to stop me feeling sympathy for the woman because the same logic 'women have been killed because of men accusing them of being witches' or 'more women have been killed by men than men by women' would stop you feeling sympathy for the accused man.
    You did say that, this was exactly your silly argument. I will have sympathy with the guy who is accused especially when there is most likely a higher amount of people mainly females against him then any people supporting him. You have no sympathy for the woman either you just want to support your sick ideology, Kesha is literally just a tool for you feminists to step on for your future objectives she's just another object on your battlefield which you can use to further your goals. Kesha is more human to me then to you.

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered that blaming all feminists for the actions of radical feminism makes you just as guilty of the 'Two wrongs make a right'?

If you really cared about protecting innocents rather than attacking feminism, you'd have sought to actually communicate with them. As it is, you're guilty of acting just like the radical feminists you so loudly decry - You punish an entire group for the actions of a few and you use anger, rage and hatred to try to browbeat your opponents.

It's all right to disagree with someone. If you want to make the world a better place, it is inevitable - But don't put your mind to work in trying to just break people on the internet; She, myself and probably everyone else on this thread will just forget this thread 3 minutes after we step away from the computer.(Which for me, is right now.)

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying it happened and I'm not saying it didn't but I can't figure out what Ke$ha's motive would be for lying about this...
    I thought you were being sarcastic when I first read that. Only when I read the comments later in the thread, did I realise you were being serious.

The motive is brain-numbingly obvious. Accusing him of rape could get her out of the contract. Whether that be in court, or more likely, in a settlement. She was apparently very eager to settle this before going public.

I'm a man myself, obviously, and I can hardly hate my own gender.
    Ever heard of white-knighting?
    you have no proof of being a motive...
    By definition, you only need to proof of concept for something to be a motive. You don't need to prove that they actually did it, or wanted to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Mainstream implies popular, commonly associated with and respected. I don't think misandry is popular.
    Don't you? The lynch mob mentality on twitter with regards this case would rather suggest otherwise.

Or consider the backlash when that bloke at NASA landed the first ever satellite on an asteroid, because he had a shirt on which featured some scantily clad women. Do you reckon the feminists of even 10 years ago would have been bothered by something so trivial, so irrelevant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    Have you considered that blaming all feminists for the actions of radical feminism makes you just as guilty of the 'Two wrongs make a right'?

If you really cared about protecting innocents rather than attacking feminism, you'd have sought to actually communicate with them. As it is, you're guilty of acting just like the radical feminists you so loudly decry - You punish an entire group for the actions of a few and you use anger, rage and hatred to try to browbeat your opponents.

It's all right to disagree with someone. If you want to make the world a better place, it is inevitable - But don't put your mind to work in trying to just break people on the internet; She, myself and probably everyone else on this thread will just forget this thread 3 minutes after we step away from the computer.(Which for me, is right now.)
    I don't believe there are radical feminists and moderate feminists, if there are moderate feminists they do a great job of staying silent in the face of the radicals and letting the world suffer the radicals abuse.

ReputationRep:
    And unfortunately, just because you do doesn't mean she is, mate.
    I didn't say it does but the fact that a lot of feminists are behind her suggests that she is.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you? The lynch mob mentality on twitter with regards this case would rather suggest otherwise.

Or consider the backlash when that bloke at NASA landed the first ever satellite on an asteroid, because he had a shirt on which featured some scantily clad women. Do you reckon the feminists of even 10 years ago would have been bothered by something so trivial, so irrelevant?
    Keep preaching , if I could rep you more I would.

ReputationRep:

I think if you actually polled the nation, you'd probably find the majority don't support the misandry. I personally don't. I hate it. I'm a guy myself - I'm hardly going to support being hated lmfao.

ReputationRep:
    You did say that, this was exactly your silly argument. I will have sympathy with the guy who is accused especially when their is most likely a higher amount of people mainly females against him then any people supporting him. You have no sympathy for the woman either you just want to support your sick ideology, Kesha is literally just a tool for you feminists to step on for your future objectives she's just another object on your battlefield which you can use to further your goals. Kesha is more human to me then to you.
    I didn't even comment on the Kesha trial at all until this thread. I only figured out what was happening yesterday when I saw an article about it. I don't think you could accuse me of using her as a tool, seeing as I have literally no platform on which to spout my feelings apart from this student forum (hardly a major world player when it comes to furthering feminist agendas).

And if women are so supported when they make accusations of rape why do so many cases go unreported for years? Why do women only get the confidence to report their rapists when other people come forward? False accusations make up a tiny proportion of all rape cases that make it to court - the statistics are one Google away.

(PS. What is the sick ideology? Wanting a world where people aren't afraid to speak up when they are raped or sexually abused? A culture where rape isn't something that is regularly joked about? Streets I'm not afraid to walk down alone at night? Abolishing lad culture at uni where sexual assault is seen as something that women should be flattered by?)

Don't bother replying, I'm pretty sure I can guess what your reply would be (it would probably involve laughing out loud).

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even comment on the Kesha trial at all until this thread. I only figured out what was happening yesterday when I saw an article about it. I don't think you could accuse me of using her as a tool, seeing as I have literally no platform on which to spout my feelings apart from this student forum (hardly a major world player when it comes to furthering feminist agendas).

And if women are so supported when they make accusations of rape why do so many cases go unreported for years? Why do women only get the confidence to report their rapists when other people come forward? False accusations make up a tiny proportion of all rape cases that make it to court - the statistics are one Google away.

(PS. What is the sick ideology? Wanting a world where people aren't afraid to speak up when they are raped or sexually abused? A culture where rape isn't something that is regularly joked about? Streets I'm not afraid to walk down alone at night? Abolishing lad culture at uni where sexual assault is seen as something that women should be flattered by?)

Don't bother replying, I'm pretty sure I can guess what your reply would be (it would probably involve laughing out loud).
    You only learnt about this yesterday and straight away you believe the female in the case and I will now add my loool

I have known about this case for months and did not come to a conclusion on guilt or inoccence of the accused in one day lool.

Also lad culture does not exist, another silly name feminists use to bash young men in society with, sick people.

Feminists love telling others not to bring other issues to their threads so I tell you now don't bring your issues to this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you actually polled the nation, you'd probably find the majority don't support the misandry. I personally don't. I hate it. I'm a guy myself - I'm hardly going to support being hated lmfao.
    If you asked the question 'do you support misandry?', I'm sure you would. But I'm equally sure a poll asking 'do you support misogynism?' would return the same result. Would a poll like that thus mean you were convinced feminism was no longer required?

The issue I have is that the efforts of feminism in the west over the past 5-10 years have been, in my opinion, wholly negative. I always pose the same question to anyone who identifies as a feminist. If feminism has legitimate grievances, legitimate claims of sexism, then why do they constantly distort the figures? And I do mean constantly, their figures on the pay gap, on the number of domestic abuse cases, the number of women who suffer sexual assault, they are almost unanimously rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    If you asked the question 'do you support misandry?', I'm sure you would. But I'm equally sure a poll asking 'do you support misogynism?' would return the same result. Would a poll like that thus mean you were convinced feminism was no longer required?

The issue I have is that the efforts of feminism in the west over the past 5-10 years have been, in my opinion, wholly negative. I always pose the same question to anyone who identifies as a feminist. If feminism has legitimate grievances, legitimate claims of sexism, then why do they constantly distort the figures? And I do mean constantly, their figures on the pay gap, on the number of domestic abuse cases, the number of women who suffer sexual assault, they are almost unanimously rubbish.
    Can I ask how you know they are distorting figures as a political group? Like, any actual concrete evidence or?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.