Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Female, 23 and muslim - feel like I'll forever be single... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily babezxx)
    There are a thousands people in this world and you will definitely find someone. People have different taste with each other and you will find someone who is into you. Be patient and don't worry about it.
    7+Billion people to be exact haha

(Original post by Anonymous)
    what do you mean intention in later life?
    she could die tomorrow, next week, next year.
    the sooner you wear it the better, she might not get that chance again

not big issue?
    you know hijab is COMPULSORY right?
    its good you've studied islam for so long but come on, you should know the basics.

looking muslim can include wearing hijab for women or having a beard for men
    Dont know where you get that from but you need to brush up on you research

Hijab is NOT compulsory...

ReputationRep:
    Lmao thanks for being so precise!

Twice now I've ended up being friends with muslim guys I really liked. With the second guy, I fell hard, but he just wanted to hang out, watch netflix and go out for lunch every week and just wasn't really into me.
    There are many problems I'm facing right now. Firstly, I started uni this year (late I know) after realising I wanted to be a teacher. This means I'm surrounded by mostly younger guys. Also, I'm part of probably the smallest muslim ethnic group in the country, and as most prefer to marry their own race, it makes it hard. As I don't wear a hijab (cover my hair) I don't stand out as muslim. I'm also constantly told I don't look ethnically muslim.
    I'm lucky to have open-minded parents, who despite fasting 5 times daily, have said they wouldn't get mad if I don't marry a muslim guy (tbh I think they'd just rather not see me die alone as they know the problem I'm facing). I do however want to find a muslim guy to marry, but I'm starting to lose hope and become depressed. I turn down non-muslim guys I find attractive, but I fear I'll be alone forever
    Thanks for reading if you got this far
    Why does the guy have to be muslim? I don't understand. I can understand the ethnicity thing, people are attracted to their own race and that's fair enough. But religion is solely a personal matter and it should be left as the individual's choice. Not marrying someone solely because of their choice of religion is in my opinion racism.

I have a similar problem. Generally I'm attracted to pakistanis, indians and bengalis but since I'm pakistani and I feel more immediate attraction to pakistani women. However, I converted from Islam and I'm now an atheist. My problem isn't that I haven't found people, it's that Pakistani and Bengali women always get put off when I tell them I'm not a muslim, it's always been the obvious elephant in the room with all my interactions with them. I've had women that were attracted to me and interested in me, but then slowly seemed to lost interest after me telling them I'm not a muslim.

Religion should not come in between love.

Why does the guy have to be muslim? I don't understand. I can understand the ethnicity thing, people are attracted to their own race and that's fair enough. But religion is solely a personal matter and it should be left as the individual's choice. Not marrying someone solely because of their choice of religion is in my opinion racism.

I have a similar problem. Generally I'm attracted to pakistanis, indians and bengalis but since I'm pakistani and I feel more immediate attraction to pakistani women. However, I converted from Islam and I'm now an atheist. My problem isn't that I haven't found people, it's that Pakistani and Bengali women always get put off when I tell them I'm not a muslim, it's always been the obvious elephant in the room with all my interactions with them. I've had women that were attracted to me and interested in me, but then slowly seemed to lost interest after me telling them I'm not a muslim.

Religion should not come in between love.
    I'm female, so can't marry a non-muslim if I want to stay muslim. The no sex before marriage thing is gonna be a deal-breaker for 99.99999% of guys. It complicates things with how to bring up kids too.

I'm female, so can't marry a non-muslim if I want to stay muslim. The no sex before marriage thing is gonna be a deal-breaker for 99.99999% of guys. It complicates things with how to bring up kids too.
    The no sex before marriage is a deal breaker for 99.9% of ALL guys, including muslims.

With regards to kids, let them make their own decision when it comes to religion. I mean, most people are always born into a religion. Your child will have the luxury to make an informed decision.

ReputationRep:
    Polygamy by any chance?
    This world has too many women lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.