Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you find London to be a depressing city? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think your world as a whole is depressing.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I am an alien:yum:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0xygen)
    I've lived in London for the past 22 years (born here) but i'm starting to seeLondon to have one of the most depressing atmospheres.

- Its too historic, you don't feel as if its really moving forward with anything. The houses are all the same red brick ugly style (unless you have real £). Its full of museums and dull rivers.

Any thoughts?
    personally i think the historic old buildings in london are incredible - people come from all over the world to see them still standing, and rich people pay stupid money to live in them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    go to central.

i live in a shithole so i feel ya gurl
    Part of london you from?

lycamobile

They know what's up.

ReputationRep:
    I've lasted 26 years so far in London: the city's great, but living amongst Londoners who are constantly evaluating how much longer they can hack the pace, is undeniably depressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    lycamobile

They know what's up.
    dont h8 appreci8

LDN >>>>>>>>>>> everywhere else in the uk
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Not in particular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0xygen)
    I've lived in London for the past 22 years (born here) but i'm starting to seeLondon to have one of the most depressing atmospheres.

Reasons:

- The weather is always terrible. Its too dull. You have to wake up to cloudy skies and a hidden sun, then sleep to terrible winds and covered stars.

- Its too historic, you don't feel as if its really moving forward with anything. The houses are all the same red brick ugly style (unless you have real £). Its full of museums and dull rivers.

- Tax depresses you. You have a nice salary of £50k? Get ready to give 14k away. You can then try to save your pennies for the next couple of years till you manage to save enough to take a mortgage on a small house outside London.

- NHS is downgrading year after year.

The list goes on.

Any thoughts?
    To be honest ive always hated the city by the way im from Nottingham I find the city too mainstream its like a centre point for tourists etc.... I hate the busy streets and the people tend to give of somewhat a negative vibe.

ReputationRep:
    I've recently started visiting London now and then because I have some friends who live down there. I think I've gotten used to there being so many people around. The houses seem really ancient though, but well, I live in Milton Keynes where most houses were built within the last 30 years or so so I guess it's just because of what I'm used to. I will say, however, £5 for a tube journey that I could walk in 40 mins? I'm not doing that.

ReputationRep:
    Londoners as people are what makes great britain great.
    The arrogance,the women,the swagger etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socktor)
    I've recently started visiting London now and then because I have some friends who live down there. I think I've gotten used to there being so many people around. The houses seem really ancient though, but well, I live in Milton Keynes where most houses were built within the last 30 years or so so I guess it's just because of what I'm used to. I will say, however, £5 for a tube journey that I could walk in 40 mins? I'm not doing that.
    You must be doing smth wrong.

I commute from zone 4 into central ldn every day (a 2hr walk according to google maps) and it costs me £3.30

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    EastEnders doesn't even reflect the real East End of London.
    Lol yh it would be like 50% asian if it was accurate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Nothing worse than a city on a grey day.
    True

ReputationRep:
    Depressing because every day I see London slowly turning into Pakistan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christopher9600)
    Depressing because every day I see London slowly turning into Pakistan
    i absolutely love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faloodeh)
    i absolutely love it.
    Which side of London are u from? It differs really

ReputationRep:
    Never been so couldn't say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christopher9600)
    Which side of London are u from? It differs really
    doesnt matter because im constantly all over london north west central east south..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faloodeh)
    doesnt matter because im constantly all over london north west central east south..
    West, central and north are alright. But south and east? Hahaha noooo thank you maam
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    "London is my country" - Nick Crompton.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.