Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salllllllly)
    Wow they're some amazing stats!!!!
    2A*, 9A,1B
    ABBC in AS (A in psych, B in maths/chem & C in bio - was 2 marks off a C and got a remark but grade didn't change unfortunately )
    Predicted AAA
    As I dropped Biology, couldn't apply to Liverpool as I wanted to!
    So Sheffield (get a reduced ABB offer because on an access scheme), Leeds (hopefully also reduced offer if I do the A2L scheme), & Bristol!
    What a levels do you do?

& yeah exactly, we managed that hurdle and this is just expanding on what we wrote there so can't be too bad!
    Thank you! You have really good stats too😋 I did bio Chem and history, I dropped physics after AS lmao it was hell. All those schemes will help you out so much then😋 I wish you the best with getting in this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had a confirmation email from Manchester saying that they have received your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankkk)
    Has anyone had a confirmation email from Manchester saying that they have received your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I havent heard anything yet, all my other unis have sent one , just waiting on manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    Liverpool, Leicester and HYMS.

Manchester I knew was a big risk, I'm expecting a rejection anyway.
    OMG, im applying to all those unis aswel (including manchester) and the funny thing is Manchester is a big risk for me too.

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kantth1)
    OMG, im applying to all those unis aswel (including manchester) and the funny thing is Manchester is a big risk for me too.

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking??

AAA achieved a levels
    653 Band 2

ReputationRep:
    Funny thing is, I got similar GCSEs:

2A*s and 8As
    AAAb achieved a levels (Got BBCC last year but resat it to get AAAB)
    653.33 Band 2
    Well done!! Great stats!! Should deffo get a couple of interviews imo. Good Luck!!👍🏿

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kantth1)
    Well done!! Great stats!! Should deffo get a couple of interviews imo. Good Luck!!👍🏿
    Well thanks Lol
    We should have a good chance at Leicester, Liverpool definitely and HYMS.

ReputationRep:
    Well thanks Lol
    We should have a good chance at Leicester, Liverpool definitely and HYMS.
    Hopefully 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys current Manchester medic here, if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I'll try and answer it to the best of my abilities. Good luck to all of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedLeaf)
    Hi guys current Manchester medic here, if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I'll try and answer it to the best of my abilities. Good luck to all of you
    Hi do you know if we are allowed to copy paragraphs from our Personal statement for non-academic form (obviously edit it a bit)? do they even look at our PS. Also how much do they focus on this non-academic form, I'm really stressing out about that form. Im not really good at writing PS and stuff like that I'm surprised I managed to write my PS in the first place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicapplicant)
    Hi do you know if we are allowed to copy paragraphs from our Personal statement for non-academic form (obviously edit it a bit)? do they even look at our PS. Also how much do they focus on this non-academic form, I'm really stressing out about that form. Im not really good at writing PS and stuff like that I'm surprised I managed to write my PS in the first place
    hi I think you are allowed to copy and paste it but you would have to change it to make sure it answers the question. I dont think they look at the ps but i'm not too sure they've started to use the form instead but Im not 100% sure. the form is kind of a substitute to the ps so they can use it in the way they would have used your ps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Thank you! You have really good stats too😋 I did bio Chem and history, I dropped physics after AS lmao it was hell. All those schemes will help you out so much then😋 I wish you the best with getting in this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awwww thanks!!! You too,& I can imagine physics being hell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicapplicant)
    A lot of the information will overlap from your personal statement. But they do ask that you don't copy and paste sections from your PS. I'd also advise that you don't do that.

Answer the questions on the form and tailor the information to the question. Don't exclude information from the form thinking that you've already put it in your PS as they won't be reading your PS.

BUT also, don't put information irrelevant to the question on the form just because you want it in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAhm)
    A lot of the information will overlap from your personal statement. But they do ask that you don't copy and paste sections from your PS. I'd also advise that you don't do that.

Answer the questions on the form and tailor the information to the question. Don't exclude information from the form thinking that you've already put it in your PS as they won't be reading your PS.

BUT also, don't put information irrelevant to the question on the form just because you want it in!
    Yh that's what I meant, to copy sentences relevant to the question ( obviously not copy the irrelevant stuff) anyway thanks for confirming that 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankkk)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope not heard anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything from Manchester yet wtf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaiKabz007)
    I haven't heard anything from Manchester yet wtf
    Same I'm thinking of calling them up about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just received my form to fill out.

On the first section - experience in a caring role - it states "do not include shadowing or observation of practise. We are looking for activity that demonstrates regular commitment to caring rather than one-off incidents."

So basically we shouldn't give the example of our work experience of it was only a week? Don't most people have one off work experiences rather than long term commitments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaiKabz007)
    Just received my form to fill out.

On the first section - experience in a caring role - it states "do not include shadowing or observation of practise. We are looking for activity that demonstrates regular commitment to caring rather than one-off incidents."

So basically we shouldn't give the example of our work experience of it was only a week? Don't most people have one off work experiences rather than long term commitments?
    Don't include shadowing at all. They are looking for if you volunteer at a care home/hospital etc. I've been volunteering for nearly a year and I imagine most people would have some form of long term commitment if they've wanted to do medicine for a while now. Do you help out your community or at your school in any way? As long as you have something other than shadowing then you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Right thanks. I've volunteered at a hospital for over a year so I'll put that. But I'm not too sure whether it would be suitable to put down my job as a healthcare assistant- it's long term, like a few months, but I start tomorrow (on a gap year).
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Don't include shadowing at all. They are looking for if you volunteer at a care home/hospital etc. I've been volunteering for nearly a year and I imagine most people would have some form of long term commitment if they've wanted to do medicine for a while now. Do you help out your community or at your school in any way? As long as you have something other than shadowing then you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.