The Student Room Group

What would be in your Room 101?

Scroll to see replies

My list of 1st World Problems. :teehee:

Self-checkout machines that have no bags, or are malfunctioning in mysterious ways.

Sitting next to very large person in cramped London Overground/Underground train seat who also insists on reading newspaper with arms spread out to do so.

Being the one on the airliner that the incredibly large person who also slightly smells comes and sits next to. Or worse, between two such persons in the middle seat. Basically any very large people who need their own separate airbus. NOTE: This only happens on extremely long flights.

The way outside every building worth going to (or past) there is a crowd of smokers who make the air unbreathable for 50m in every direction.

All programmes about houses.

Shows that wish they were funny and try sooo hard to be, but fail.

Icy windy heavy rain.

The Subway chain - for making our streets smell bad almost everywhere.

People eating hot food on trains/underground.

The Kardashians.

All latest health/karma services/products, like Psycle.
Original post by RonnieRJ
Off tumblr??? But das me

Spoiler

I'm not a catfish :frown:

Never said you were one.. just stated that it looked like a typical image off tumblr. As it is a genuine selfie you should've accepted my reply as a complement, which it is :smile:
The fact that room 101 was mentioned first in George Orwell's Novel 1984 which involved the thing you were most afraid of e.g. being buried alive or rats. And yet the tv show involves things that annoy you instead of scare you. it is in fact inaccurate and yet not enough people realise this.
Groupwork :angry:
Team building/roll play/ice breakers. Do any of these actually serve the purpose they're intended for? I'm convinced that HR departments are made up of sadistic people that just enjoy making other people feel uncomfortable.

"We want you all to stand up and tell everyone 3 unique things about yourself."
Taylor Swift
Cigarettes
People (other than me) that think they're better than everyone else
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Hah it just looks like a typical image off tumblr but if it's you then fair enough :wink:

Original post by RonnieRJ
Off tumblr??? But das me

Spoiler

I'm not a catfish :frown:

Can confirm as her husband.
People who sit inside you on an aeroplane and need a piss before takeoff :colonhash:

People that put an entire suitcase in the overheard storage and I can't fit my rucksack in there!!! :angry:
Original post by kalclash
People that put an entire suitcase in the overheard storage and I can't fit my rucksack in there!!! :angry:

That as well :biggrin:
ANY kind of attention seekers! I can't stand it when especially girls start acting all weird and irritating around guys just to pointlessly flirt, it's annoying :angry:
1. Lasagna. I honestly just hate it

2. Vegans/vegetarians that CONSTANTLY mention that they're vegans/vegetarians. I have nothing against vegetarianism, I think it's great and commendable, especially if you're doing it for the right reasons. There's this person I know who has become a vegetarian very, very recently and suddenly they're an animal rights activist who says "do you know how many innocent chickens died for that sandwich you're eating" whenever I'm eating. Yeah, don't do that. It's a life choice that I'm not part of

3. music snobbery. i like coldplay. get over it
Original post by Hamoody
People who don't like pizzas :rolleyes:

i really feel you! my best friend hates pizza so we can never order pizza takeout :frown:
Original post by hannahrob97
1. Lasagna. I honestly just hate it

2. Vegans/vegetarians that constantly mention that they're vegans/vegetarians. I have nothing against vegetarianism, i think it's great and commendable, especially if you're doing it for the right reasons. There's this person i know who has become a vegetarian very, very recently and suddenly they're an animal rights activist who says "do you know how many innocent chickens died for that sandwich you're eating" whenever i'm eating. Yeah, don't do that. It's a life choice that i'm not part of

3. Music snobbery. I like coldplay. Get over it

c o l d p l a y?
1) Grace
2) All Blues
3) Skye Waulking Song
4) Something's coming (yes really :wink: )
5) Why does my heart feel so bad
6) Raindrop Prelude
7) Symphony No.40
8) And The Glory of the Lord
9) Electric Counterpoint
10) Yiri
11) Rag Desh
12) Peripetie

1)Haven't studied Grace yet (16 weeks left :O) but I like it.
2)Or this one but don't mind listening to it.
3) Have had Skye waulking stuck in my head all week after we studied it Monday
4) Something about tritones - I'm not sure if I like it or not
5)This is easy as it is facts apparently but havent done it yet. (dont mind it)
6) Love this one is that weird?
7) Symphony 40 meh but is funny when its always on tv
8) First one I did. Can now recite fully in my head. I quite like it actually.
9) Love this. Parents hate it.
10) Highlights: Yiri means wood. And the dundun instrument. Quite like this.
11)NOPENOPENOPENOPE
11*) way waaaay to long and hard to listen to for long. (Why 3 versions ;'( )
12)My brain hurts. And my ears. Dislike. (But at least my group got to make the whole class hate us on our presentation on 'expressionism'.
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
Authorities telling us that something we've been doing for years quite happily is suddenly killing us/giving us cancer

omg you read my mind
we're all going to die at some point, so get the hell over it @people doing them

the rat race
and people following the crowd
Original post by Joshale
omg you read my mind
we're all going to die at some point, so get the hell over it @people doing them

the rat race
and people following the crowd

I think I finally lost my rag with it when the daily mail ran a piece claiming watching too much tv can cause cancer, and soon following it with a piece saying not watching enough tv also causes cancer.
Donald Trump and university coursework :laugh:

Also people who say that genders that have existed since Ancient Egyptian times are "made up by Tumblrinas", because apparently thousands of legit people who have existed for centuries were made up by 9 year old Tumblr :colonhash: Those ignorant fools! :shakecane:

Also hypocrites who spread bigotry, refuse to give you a source because "everyone knows it's true", and then talk over marginalized groups and invalidate their experiences by saying "SOURCES OR IT NEVER HAPPENED". :dontknow: Then when you give them legit sources they're like "lol nope that's made up"- then when you tell the privileged creeps to **** off talking over the people they're oppressing, they're like "OMG I'M SO OPPRESSED!", "GOD do you have to be so ****ing RUDE" and "lol triggered" :colonhash:

Like, those people can go **** off into the Sun. :dry:

So yeah that's what I'd put in Room 101 mainly :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Internet scammers :angry:
When your phone tells you it has 4G but won't even load Facebook
1. my own infuriating propensity to worry about EVERYTHING
2. people telling me not to worry
3. chalk/fingernails on the blackboard...
4. loud breathing
5. slow internet
6. having to gas up the car
7. having to make sudden plan changes (aka being spontaneous)

Quick Reply

Latest