Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Your opinion on a fact is irrelevant. It just makes you ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    If Pakistan was in the ME, in business terms, it'd come under "EMEA"

http://istizada.com/list-of-emea-countries/

It doesn't. To take the term "middle east" too, that's geographically west Asia. Pakistan is in south Asia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Lol...

Whether Iran is the middle east is contentious nevermind damn Pakistan.
    Pakistan's connections with South Asia are far more controversial than Iran's connections with the Middle East! It's says a lot that the UN thinks that even Iran could be included in South Asia.

I have seen several maps placing Pakistan in the Middle Eastern economic sphere. It's well known that India barely trades with Pakistan.http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/c...ddle-east/3882

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rogersuniv)
    Pakistan's connections with South Asia are far more controversial than Iran's connections with the Middle East! It's says a lot that the UN thinks that even Iran could be included in South Asia.

I have seen several maps placing Pakistan in the Middle Eastern economic sphere. It's well known that India barely trades with Pakistan.http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/c...ddle-east/3882
    not trading with a country in SA doesn't make it any less south asian, trading with the middle east does not make it middle eastern.

Imagine being compared to Saudi Arabia. The shame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    Imagine being compared to Saudi Arabia. The shame
    I somewhat respect Saudi Arabia and Arabs. They have an interesting culture, and they are far more artractive than Pakistanis.

ReputationRep:
    they're considered south Asian because of where Pakistani is not because of their looks but if they'd rather not identify with south Asian that's their choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    A map seems to disagree with you.

ReputationRep:

Historically, before the Mughal Empire, Pakistan wasn't part of India. Neither empires (UK or Mughal) involved the southern extrem of India like Sri Lanka or Maldives!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rogersinu)
    I don't consider Pakistanis to be South Asian.

They look more like a Middle Eastern ethnicity and I always confuse Pakistanis for Middle Easterners. Their anthropology also make them closer to Middle Easterners than to Indians.

Their culture is also mostly of Middle Eastern descent. Their language is written in a Middle Eastern script (and a lot of Indians don't speak Hindi anyway) and their only unique tie to India is the British import of cricket.

Economically, they are also far more integrated into Middle East than into South Asia.I've met so many Indians who talk of 'Indian' as if Pakistanis weren't South Asian, and so much **** exists between the two ethnicities.
    Meh, pakistanis do look kinda persion/ middle-eastern.

ReputationRep:
    I somewhat respect Saudi Arabia and Arabs. They have an interesting culture, and they are far more artractive than Pakistanis.
    in Pakistan, you get all sorts of people with different skin tones etc, just depends on where bouts that person is from.

This is not an acknowledgement of "attraction", calm yourself. Respect Saudi Arabia? Please take the women of your household there and you'll get all the "respect" you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    This is not an acknowledgement of "attraction", calm yourself. Respect Saudi Arabia? Please take the women of your household there and you'll get all the "respect" you want
    Isnt Pakistan the most regressove place on earth?

Isnt Pakistan the most regressove place on earth?
    Regressive*, lol, I think that too but then again I havent been there . So calm down white boy, because you'll probably be having curry tomorrow. And in terms of agressiveness, our media culture speaks for itself. Have you seen the conditions of Syria/Iraq/Yemen? Thats the middle east. I dont even get why your so obsessed with whether Pakistanis are middle eastern or whatever that you decided to make a thread. And please get yourself to Shariah and Saudi Arabia, your new dwelling

ReputationRep:
    aren't you pakistani yourself?
    you clearly haven't seen the "original" saudis then lmao

yes other types of arabs are generally more attractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    aren't you pakistani yourself?
    you clearly haven't seen the "original" saudis then lmao

yes other types of arabs are generally more attractive
    No. Of course not. I'm just tired of people misidentifying us.

ReputationRep:
    Lol Pakistan is in South Asia, whether you like it or not. The only thing 'middle eastern' about Pakistan is that the majority of them are Muslims. Their culture, language and looks are entirely different. If they were to speak their language in the middle-east, not one person would understand them - besides the immigrants of course.

I don't know why Pakistanis want to be Middle-Eastern so badly. They're leaving behind such beautiful Indian roots. It's just pathetic.

Btw, I'm a Middle-Eastern and lots of other MEs seem to agree with me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TarotOfMagic)
    I don't know why Pakistanis want to be Middle-Eastern so badly. They're leaving behind such beautiful Indian roots. It's just pathetic.
    OP is Indian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    they're considered south Asian because of where Pakistani is not because of their looks but if they'd rather not identify with south Asian that's their choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What if South Asians dislike Pakistanis being grouped with Indians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TarotOfMagic)
    Lol Pakistan is in South Asia, whether you like it or not. The only thing 'middle eastern' about Pakistan is that the majority of them are Muslims. Their culture, language and looks are entirely different. If they were to speak their language in the middle-east, not one person would understand them - besides the immigrants of course.

Btw, I'm a Middle-Eastern and lots of other MEs seem to agree with me.
    I'm Indian and I think exactly like you, but with "Middle Eastern" and "Indin" switched around.

I actually think ot's racist to group Pakistanis in with Indians.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.