Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A man exercises his right to free speech in UK park, Jews drink Christian blood. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    It's not legal. Threats of violence, racism, use of force, taking of someone's property and then smashing it. I'm a staunch advocate of free speech, but I would never condone that.
    It went to court, it is apparently legal. Everything bar the phone smashing. I think if you or I said the say things to a Muslim or a black person it would then be considered illegal. People not from here have more rights and special privilages, it would seem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanSoloLuck)
    It went to court, it is apparently legal. Everything bar the phone smashing. I think if you or I said the say things to a Muslim or a black person it would then be considered illegal. People not from here have more rights and special privilages, it would seem.
    Well if anything, this ironically is evidence against anti-semites like the man in question, as if Jewish people were really in control as they like to claim, such an act would have been punished. Although I doubt the man in question will see the logical failure on his behalf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver_94)
    I think Muslims as the greatest victims of terror attacks and hate SHOULD receive more protection. Imagine how it feels for a Muslim to hear someone insult their religion. It's barbaric and wrong. Muslims are well known for being closer to their religion than Christians or Jews for example. We all need to respect that. Insulting Islam is like insulting every Muslim, so Islamophobic hate speech should be banned and have a prison sentence attached to it
    are you crackers how can yohonestly believe that?

If muslims are the victims why dont they go back to syria where they are not persecuted and fight for their freedom against IS

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdkmwd)
    I have to disagree there.

They jews were at Hyde park, Speakers corner.

A very popular place for theological debates. A simple youtube search will point you out to hundreds of video's with the title "Muslim debates Christian" "Christian debates Jew" etc.

As the Jewish man said at the start of the video he was just about to spread his thoughts until this backward, ignorant, ******* came up and started spilling lies from Jews using christian blood to eat bread, to Jews are the cause of all the problems in the world, without any significant reaction by the Jew.

While the muslim broke his phone just for filming his stupidity.
    I disagree with you on this one, the sneering attitude was obvious. The person behind the camera decides WHEN to start filming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Well if anything, this ironically is evidence against anti-semites like the man in question, as if Jewish people were really in control as they like to claim, such an act would have been punished. Although I doubt the man in question will see the logical failure on his behalf.
    I would disagree.

As you said, logically if the Jews were in power we would expect them to flex their muscles and punish such anti-Semitism. If they were trying to remain incognito they wouldn't, as to appear powerless. It is a reasonable assumption based on logical reasoning, if one accepts the premises he obviously does. Which is where I think he went afoul.

The logic appears sound, to me anyway lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    what was wrong about what he said? Sure this idiot in the video was racist but that doesnt justify the hate muslims receive.
    I think Muslims as the greatest victims of terror attacks and hate SHOULD receive more protection. Imagine how it feels for a Muslim to hear someone insult their religion. It's barbaric and wrong. Muslims are well known for being closer to their religion than Christians or Jews for example. We all need to respect that. Insulting Islam is like insulting every Muslim, so Islamophobic hate speech should be banned and have a prison sentence attached to it
    Is this some kind of joke?

So, in your world it's okay to treat Jews like this but if a Muslim gets asked a simple question about a terrorist attack (which isn't offensive at all) the person who asked it should be jailed? That's wrong on so many levels!

1) Freedom of speech is a basic human right.
    2) All people are equal regardless of any differences they might have, so Muslims SHOULD receive the same treatment (or lack of) as everyone else. No one deserves special protections.
    3) Criticism of accepted views is what built modern society. No religion is exempt from those criticisms.

Hate is dished out according to the actions of groups of people. It is not dished out because someone is something, it is dished out because people who identify as that thing are committing atrocities. Obviously not all members of that group will be responsible for said atrocities, but that doesn't change the fact that the group itself is. In Islam's case, the medieval, hateful ideology is causing a lot of Muslims to hate other people, and others to wage Jihad against all non-muslims. The ideology itself is responsible, but that doesn't mean that all people who identify as Muslims are doing such barbaric things. The hate is directed at the ideology, NOT AT MUSLIMS THEMSELVES.

While hate is never justified, Muslims need to understand that ideologies which kill people are going to be hated. It's just common sense. Islam happens to be such an ideology, so it receives a lot of hate. The fact that Muslims are offended by this is completely irrelevant and meaningless.

If Christianity was killing people we'd all hate it, the Christians would be offended but would Muslims care? No. The same principle applies here.

As for the offense they take to people criticizing Islam, they need to learn to deal with it. All religions are criticized, Islam WILL NEVER be exempt from that. It doesn't matter who gets offended or who's religion it is. Besides, criticism of religions is what built the modern world.

If we had never criticized the belief that diseases were caused by witches placing curses on people then we'd still be burning women at the stake. If we had never criticized the belief that bathing caused people to catch the flu then we'd all be stinking to the high heavens right now and most of us would've died as infants. If we had never criticized the belief that sacrificing people made sky daddy happy we'd still be killing our own kin on ritual altars.

It's not just Muslims who are close to their religion. Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shintoism and so many others all involve their own unique ways of life. For myself and many other Buddhists, when someone insults the Buddha(s) it offends us, doing so is like insulting every Buddhist on the planet. The same applies to every religion out there. If you insult any religion you are by association insulting the religion's followers as well. Normal people brush this aside because freedom of speech is everyone's right. Why is it that Muslims can't?

You don't hear of 'Buddhophobia' or 'Hinduphobia' do you? Buddhists and Hindus receive hate just as Muslims do, but why is it then that Muslims deserve this special treatment and we don't?!

http://letterstotheeditorblog.dallas...t-phobia.html/
    http://thetattooedbuddha.com/fear-of...zing-religion/
    http://www.danielpipes.org/comments/214275
    https://quadrant.org.au/opinion/qed/...tional-phobia/
    https://m.facebook.com/jamie.glazov/...%3A%22R0%22%7D

(Original post by wdkmwd)
    Only paranoid retards think there's a noticeable amount of hate that only muslims and not any other follower of any religion.
    PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    "I have a masters in theology?"
    "From which university?"
    "Your mother is a university."

:lol: Epic response is epic.

But yeah, this guy is a moron and a piece of ****.

(Original post by homeland.lsw)
    There are crazy people in every race and society. Let's not let one affect our views of them all
    Typical standard "not all Muslims, nothing to see here, move on" response. Could you be any more of a doormat for these people?

Because I think Islamophobia is a poisonous act and should get a prison sentence. You don't need to be a Muslim to agree with that. I don't get how I can be a Muslim when I don't believe in God and I actually support evolution. These are just two factors that make it IMPOSSIBLE to be a Muslim
    I'm guessing that you wouldn't have any qualms about treading all over freedom of speech in order to get said prison sentences.

(Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Typical standard "not all Muslims, nothing to see here, move on" response. Could you be any more of a doormat for these people?
    I would have said the same thing regardless...I just don't like people being generalised based on the acts of one person. It's not really fair, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Which law, no law in the UK forbids anyone to 'hate' on Islam. I hate Islam a lot, as ideas go it's the worst one I have ever heard of.

I'd go a step further.

If the Devil did exist and he created a religion of his own, he would be hard pushed to think of one more destructive to human development than Islam.

That's right, Islam is such a bad idea and Mohammed such a bad example of a person that the Devil would gladly adopt Islam as his religion and follow Mohammed. I bet they'd have a whale of a time together, being so very much alike in so very many ways............ say you don't think they are the same person? Sounds plausible to me, if not, I'm sure that the Devil is jealous about how successful Mohammed was in spreading hatred and misery.

The law about inciting racial hatred is about not dehumanising or discriminating against the people, not the idea/concept of Islam. So people can dump all over Islam as much as they please.
    PRSOM.

I've read both the Qu'ran and the satanic bible. Honestly, the Qu'ran's worse.

You need to look up the definition of the word 'bigot'. Then look up 'ironic'.

What you have posted does make sense if I assume that the initial bigot you inferred was yourself, which is ironic, as you show yourself to be bigoted in that very post........... trust me, it's very funny.

Also, look up 'converse'. I'm not trying to be a grammar Nazi, my English is also very poor, but you really don't seem to be grasping the deeper meaning of the words your typing. I prefer my would-be intellectual superiors to be semi-literate as the are being condescending towards me.
    ^ A pristine example of an intellectually sound and honest argument.

Didnt think it was an argument idiot
    ^ A pristine example of an ill-educated ape flapping his gums too much.

Sorry, only here to converse with intelligent people and i've already made a mistake in talking to another bigot here.
    This cracked me up so much!

Your use of the word 'another' without actually giving any reference to more than one person changes the sentences meaning quite considerably. Due to the lack of another accusative noun or pronoun and the lack of a suitable context, here 'another' refers to both yourself and the person you're responding to.

Your sentence actually reads:

Sorry, I'm only here to converse with intelligent people and I've already made a mistake in talking to another bigot (other than myself) here.

Way to go insulting yourself!:toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Is this some kind of joke?

So, in your world it's okay to treat Jews like this but if a Muslim gets asked a simple question about a terrorist attack (which isn't offensive at all) the person who asked it should be jailed? That's wrong on so many levels!

LOOOOL i condemn all forms of religious or racial hate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation;63772145

This cracked me up so much!

Your use of the word 'another' without actually giving any reference to more than one person changes the sentences meaning quite considerably. Due to the lack of another accusative noun or pronoun and the lack of a suitable context, here 'another' refers to both yourself and the person you're responding to.

Your sentence actually reads:

Sorry, I'm only here to converse with intelligent people and I've already made a mistake in talking to another bigot [b
    )

(other than myself)[/b] here.

Way to go insulting yourself!:toofunny:
    No, i was referring to the guy who i was replying to as a bigot. You analysing what im saying like this is such a waste of time, realise that i dont care.

ReputationRep:
    No, i was referring to the guy who i was replying to as a bigot. You analysing what im saying like this is such a waste of time, realise that i dont care.
    I don't care that you don't care. I just love the irony in your post. You tried to take what you perceived to be the moral high ground but ended up not only firing baseless insults but also insulting yourself in the process.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care that you don't care. I just love the irony in your post. You tried to take what you perceived to be the moral high ground but ended up not only firing baseless insults but also insulting yourself in the process.
    Big words from someone who made a thread crying about how he has to deal with "stupid people".

ReputationRep:
    Clearly you do since your replying you moron. Dont quote me again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    I bet if this was a Jew verbally attacking a Muslim you wouldn't say it was a set-up. What incredible lengths of imagination you have to go to just to protect your ****ing agenda.
    I ain't no muslim, bruv. Just don't want to replace one set of horrible wannabe overlords with another sneakier set. The mindsets of both belong in the middle-East, as Jesus said, they "Strain at a gnat and swallow a camel". They both hate each other, and with good reason on both sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank Underwood)
    Big words from someone who made a thread crying about how he has to deal with "stupid people".
    That's a bit harsh don't you think? Besides I was hardly crying about it, the whole point of the thread was to ask if anyone else had suffered due to anyone else's lack of common sense and to swap stories. We've all dealt with people being stupid and we've all done stupid things. Such incidents provide good talking points and laughs, wouldn't you agree?

ReputationRep:
    Muslim here. The main issue is why the hell are they filming vertically. Gosh, this is the 21st Century lads, this is torture.

Seriously, I don't understand how people can even defend this guy. Didn't the Muslim teach the importance of accepting that people have their religions and you have yours? Is the way of treating other people with respect? If the prophet was humiliated by a group of people and him responded with respect. See lads, this is why there is such a goddamn tension between Muslims and other religions. Same issue with the cartoon depicting the prophet. Was that the way of the prophet, killing and vandalising because someone offended him. Didn't a group of pagans throw the disembowelled rotting innards of a camel on him whilst praying. What did he do? Did he riot, and start killing random civilians. Nope! He prayed for their forgiveness. Damn, these people make me sick to my throat.

Happy ending? Here's a cute jew drinking a fine Christian blood sherry :P

ReputationRep:
    If that mother****er smashed my phone, he best bet I'd flip the **** out. Wah what he know about lock arf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CUT THE BULL)
    I disagree with you on this one, the sneering attitude was obvious. The person behind the camera decides WHEN to start filming.
    What is the Jewish guy supposed to do?

If he ignores the cancer, the cancer will grow and we end up with another Holocaust.

If he decks the guy he goes to prison and his life is in ruins.

He should be commended for his self-control and civility.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.