Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(yr12) I think it's got to the point where I like the idea of university more than actually going to uni

(Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    Yeah... I'm never living in the North.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    All i know is I can't wait to move out of London. I'll genuinely never understand why people are fascinated by life here. It's expensive with *****y transport systems and average accommodations. The only reason I'd even consider moving to London for is Imperial. But even then, if I was faced with going to Imperial and commuting to uni I'd still opt against it.

Bath on the otherhand... now that's a lovely area

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helena1999)
    Only year 12 and I am buzzing for uni, someone tell me it is not just me! I have already started my personal statement lol.
    Eeeeeep same same SAME! In year 12 too! My bro went when I was in year 9 so my sister (3 years older than me) looked at unis the same time. I'm not ashamed about all I know about most universities after my years of research I've done my PS too! Got one for genetics, then a back up for geography w/german/international development. The only thing blocking me is the grades

Might re-sit year 12 or 13 though and I'm okay with that- just wanna to to UEA or Swansea nowwwwww

ReputationRep:
    Only year 12 and I am buzzing for uni, someone tell me it is not just me! I have already started my personal statement lol.
    Enjoy and cherish every moment while you're young.

Sh1t only gets harder as you age along with the stress that comes with it :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    No!! Definitely not if you're aiming high, you'll need to get good GCSE's and A-levels!
    Yeah true, but I'm revising loads....I just hope all the hard work pays off

ReputationRep:
    So so excited about uni. Am going to be even more buzzed next year..

But I need to get AAB to get into the course I want

ReputationRep:
    More excited for my gap yah because I have an inexorable desire to leave the hell out of this country. Then Uni!

ReputationRep:
    Omg same!! I already wrote my personal statement too!!!

I'm so exited to experience the " uni experience "!!! Minus the clubbing and alcohol though lol ( not for moi lol)

The uni experience comes with a package: independence, freedom , clubbing and raves or whatever for some people, and trying out new things.

I'm looking forward to living on my own without parents nagging and stuff lol, cooking and doing stuff by muself. Plus of course, I'm most of all looking forward to the course itself , which I adore!!! My family lives close by so it's so good and I can pop round for tea or whatever lol and it means I'm not alone !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    I'm completely excited for uni - the course especially I absolutely adore it, even living in a city for the first time

But at the same time I am seriously lacking in motivation for revision so it's unlikely I'll make it there which makes me wanna cry
    This is so me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ♥Samantha♥)
    I used to be excited but now I'm dreading it. I realised:

1) This country is really boring, except for London
    This is very untrue there are lots of great places in the uk. If you're after night life places like Manchester, Liverpool and Southampton I believe are supposed to be good. If you looking for adventures university's in Wales and Scotland are set in some of thevmost beautiful areas in the country, it all depends on what you want from your uni, trust me everywhere is not boring

ReputationRep:
    When you guys do go to University make the most of the opportunity. I haven't so far and I'm severely regretting it.

Just a little advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charj98)
    This is very untrue there are lots of great places in the uk. If you're after night life places like Manchester, Liverpool and Southampton I believe are supposed to be good. If you looking for adventures university's in Wales and Scotland are set in some of thevmost beautiful areas in the country, it all depends on what you want from your uni, trust me everywhere is not boring
    No city provides the same experience as London. And Manchester and Liverpool are too far north. Southampton is alright I've been there a lot but it is still doesn't compare.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Is it really sad that I'm most excited about seeing what the library is like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlmightyJesus)
    once you get to uni - you've made it
    uni in my opinion is easier than a levels on account of the fact that everything is spaced out much more than a levels regarding deadlines and how much work they expect you to do; in school, if you don't do your a level work, they'll shout at you/tell you off, but if you don't even show up to a lecture, nobody gives a damn - in fact, some of mine are even streamed
    you get to get intoxicated and lounge out all day (except for lectures/coursework/revision during certain time periods)
    you don't have parents nagging you to tidy your room
    you can do whatever you want
    cherish your time at uni because I only have 1 year left next year, then I'm back into the real world
    This is so helpful, do you know what it is like 1st year in December, yano for booking holidays and all, wondered if it was like stupidly overwhelming with work and no time for a holiday, is this a good time to go on holiday or would it be too much?

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait! Just need one last push for the exams to get the grades first. 😂🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately no... Maybe after exams are finished (or at least I hope!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preetg97)
    Yes!
    YES :nutcase:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.